South Georgia Bolen Bevel

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2 by 1 1/16 field find from Stewart County Georgia; and as usual it has a tip dig but it being semi-translucent makes up for it.
20201029_000937.jpg
20201029_000002.jpg
20201029_000047.jpg
20201029_000106.jpg
20201029_000127.jpg
20201029_000206.jpg

Upvote 0

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think if your finding those “yellow” stones, the ones with “overshot” will be there too.
There is so much to learn from this www. Ive only look at about 5 topics and a whole lot of the banner stuff. It just boggles my mind.
I need a detector and thought I would study them. Every time I log in here, I seem to push an advertisement for them but I try and stay on task and forget to go back and looksee.
How far west do I need to go?

There has been a small handful of Clovis points found an hour or two north of me, but I wonder if those were not traded and transported later. I’ve got a lot to learn about my area. I thought I was going to be able to search an ancient paelo lake near here, but the shore line is private and state refuge lands. I think I have to go south east a couple hours to get into older country. Im interested in it all, but it would be neat to find something really old.

I’m in Northern California, but you could go east or west to find gold. The first real gold rush was in North Carolina. You have to be very patient and have lots of free time to be successful detecting gold nuggets. That’s beyond most peoples situation. The nuggets in my profile pic were the result of a joint effort by myself, my brother and father. Probably 3 months of work on the weekends. Found a nice spot that eventually played out.

7EDBEFCA-3B32-452E-A2F5-F0909BC008B8.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
antmike915

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There has been a small handful of Clovis points found an hour or two north of me, but I wonder if those were not traded and transported later. I’ve got a lot to learn about my area. I thought I was going to be able to search an ancient paelo lake near here, but the shore line is private and state refuge lands. I think I have to go south east a couple hours to get into older country. Im interested in it all, but it would be neat to find something really old.

I’m in Northern California, but you could go east or west to find gold. The first real gold rush was in North Carolina. You have to be very patient and have lots of free time to be successful detecting gold nuggets. That’s beyond most peoples situation. The nuggets in my profile pic were the result of a joint effort by myself, my brother and father. Probably 3 months of work on the weekends. Found a nice spot that eventually played out.

View attachment 1875919

I would love to find a Clovis (who wouldn't) and gold nuggets (also who wouldn't). Cool story about your profile pic IMA.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to find a Clovis (who wouldn't) and gold nuggets (also who wouldn't). Cool story about your profile pic IMA.

Thanks!
I’m not hung up on finding a Clovis style point. It would be nice of course.
I do appreciate every bit of history I learn. Most of it here.

OP
OP
antmike915

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks!
I’m not hung up on finding a Clovis style point. It would be nice of course.
I do appreciate every bit of history I learn. Most of it here.

I'm not gung-ho over any type. I'm just gung-ho over finding whatever comes my way. I don't know the types on a majority of my finds I just know they're artifacts. I'm like you on appreciating any info and history, always willing to learn :thumbsup:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's another beauty there. Love the serrations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread