One day in Mid January

These are the results of my second or third time out after the end of hunting season down here. It was the end of a five month dry spell for me. This was taken just a few hours after I got back to the house. The rubber bands around the jar are to keep it from cracking and breaking as it dries. Before cleaning, one must allow the dirt to dry through and through, or else you will have to end up reglueing what had been intact for hundreds of years. The thickness of the vessel is about 1/8" along the sides, and about 1/4" on the flat bottem. They pottery type is "Avery Engraved" More pics of it cleaned to come after I figure out the digi cam. The other artifacts pictured were also found that same day. Hope yall like em alright.

Attachments

• Fresh found pot.jpg
    Fresh found pot.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0

mags

Dec 7, 2007
I wonder if there is more then just dirt inside.......nice finds......Mags

A

Atlantis0077

Morning,

I admire your patience. You are very correct. If you let the pottery dry out it is really quite sturdy, try and clean it wet and you only damage it. Waiting for it to dry is the hard part, your instincts say clean it out, there might be a pot full of points...LOL. Nice find though...very nice.

Happy Hunting,

Atlantis

P

pickaway

Wow great finds hopefully there is something in there!

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
you're so lucky... I have yet to ever find a single whole piece of pottery.... many partial reconstructs but that's it.... very nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread