133.1 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Adena_man. Do you have a lot of Ft Ancient sites in your area? I have 5 that I can hunt and all of them within 15 to 20 minutes from my house. I found a lot of those little Madison Triangles on these sites along with the serrated Ft Ancient Points. Do you find any Beads of any kind were you find those Triangle Points or Bone Tools and Pottery?

OP
OP
Adena_man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
DorkFish said:
Nice Adena_man. Do you have a lot of Ft Ancient sites in your area? I have 5 that I can hunt and all of them within 15 to 20 minutes from my house. I found a lot of those little Madison Triangles on these sites along with the serrated Ft Ancient Points. Do you find any Beads of any kind were you find those Triangle Points or Bone Tools and Pottery?

I have two that are close to me. There have been lots of madison and ft. ancient points found in these two fields. A friend of mine has found a few beads, but I haven't. They guy who owns the field uses what looks like a giant roto-tiller on the back of the tractor to disk the ground. It really churns the dirt up. I suspect that any pottery is reduced to tiny pieces. It's a wonder that we find any complete points.

Thanks for posting!

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread