Garage Sale Finds

RobMI

Mar 19, 2006
Well I usually dont buy points but found these at a garage sale last weekend and I thought the price was right. There's a few goodies in the box, and I got a couple leads on some new spots also :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 4points.jpg
    4points.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 481
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those are great. I aint that lucky...d2

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
RobMI said:
Well I usually dont buy points but found these at a garage sale last weekend and I thought the price was right. There's a few goodies in the box, and I got a couple leads on some new spots also :thumbsup:
Now thats a garage sale!I wish i was that lucky,I ,ve never bought any but If you got those at garage sale prices I would have had to buy them.Ni
ce Paleo,s
Jeff

P

pickaway

Good for you looks like some nice pieces in there, wide range of material also.Congrats :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

RobMI

Mar 19, 2006
Thanks for all the nice comments guys, as far as some of these being paloe your guess is as good as mine. I am way to new to this, and still learning, to put a name on any of these points. Here are a few more picture out of the box :thumbsup: Rob.

Attachments

• box1.jpg
    box1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 350
  • box2.jpg
    box2.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 346
  • box3.jpg
    box3.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 345
  • box4.jpg
    box4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 347
  • box5.jpg
    box5.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 329
  • box6.jpg
    box6.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 337

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You definitely got some nice pieces in that deal. Are those all from Michigan or did the seller tell you where they were from?

As for being Paleo. The one on the far left and the one on the far right in your first picture both look Paleo to me. Check along the sides up around the bases and see if there is any grinding along the edges. If the edges of the base sides feel like they were ground smooth, then are more than likely Paleo Points.

Also, here is a good site to help you ID some of the points and blades.

http://www.projectilepoints.net/

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions