Heading to Kill Devil Hills in October......

mighty_mace

Jun 29, 2007
Schuylkill County, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the family are going on vacation around mid October to Kill Devil Hills. Was wondering if anyone was from anywhere near the area and would like to do some searchin? I plan on taking the detector along, never hunted at the beach before. Never been here before either.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! Wife & I are heading to Nags Head, NC... TOMORROW! OBX RULES! We were there (KDH) in April; time to go back & look around Blackbeard's "Lair"... AHOY! GROG...?

Last edited:

stvnford

Greenie
Feb 28, 2012
North East, NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the family are going on vacation around mid October to Kill Devil Hills. Was wondering if anyone was from anywhere near the area and would like to do some searchin? I plan on taking the detector along, never hunted at the beach before. Never been here before either.

Detecting is strictly prohibited on the national seashore. Depending on where you are staying you might have to head to the north part of the beaches. ... generally north of Oregon inlet. Check out Google maps fir the location you are staying and if it's in the National Park area.

Last edited:

NJSouth

Aug 22, 2014
Vineland NJ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be surprised at what you can find at 0300 in the morning....lol It is prohibited and I'm not encouraging anything but its beautiful between 2400hrs and 0300hrs with a bon fire on the beach. What you do when you get there is your business. Very rarely see any of the National Park service out there at that time and especially not during October. Great time to be there. I was an Avon inhabitant for almost 20 years for vacations.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You'd be surprised at what you can find at 0300 in the morning....lol It is prohibited and I'm not encouraging anything but its beautiful between 2400hrs and 0300hrs with a bon fire on the beach. What you do when you get there is your business. Very rarely see any of the National Park service out there at that time and especially not during October. Great time to be there. I was an Avon inhabitant for almost 20 years for vacations.

Agree; south of Nags Head would be good. In Nags Head, wife & I saw TWO Beach Fires; no TIKI Lights, tho. October would be good for walking the "South" Beaches; NOT sure of MD, tho...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions