New member in Greenville, NC - Anyone locally need someone to tag along?

Bignbadun

Greenie
May 13, 2012
Pitt County, NC
Detector(s) used
I have a Scheiber MIMID, which is a surplus military mine detecting unit.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
.I just signed up for the site yesterday. I am a 51 year old police officer who will be retiring in 4 years (Hallelujah!). I lived in Eastern Kentucky for a few years back in the early 80's and through some friends up there got involved in looking for American Indian and early American artifacts. I wound up moving back home to Greenville NC, got married, and pretty much forgot about the hobby. Well, what with getting close to retirement, i wanted to find something to do with my time, after the honey-do list of course, and remembered how much fun I had hunting artifacts and relics up in Kentucky. I started doing some reading (lots of reading) and began to realize what a rich heritage and history was all around me. I have a lot of learning to do, so I'm up for anyone in my area who needs a partner to give me a call. If you send me a message I will send you my cell number so you can give me a call. I've always mostly looked for Native American artifacts, but am up for anything to do with history. I do have a metal detector, so that's no problem. Looking forward to meeting some new people! I have a 12 year old son who is interested also. I want to make sure he learns the right way to hunt, so any help for both of us is appreciated

Last edited:

jksweendog

Greenie
Jun 6, 2012
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Fisher F2
BH Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you with the GVPD or ECUPD? I'm in Greenville as well and would love to have a partner to do some hunting with! I've been at this for about 5 months now and can show you the basic ropes as I'm just learning too. I have a spare detector for your son/you to use if you need it. Send me a PM and we can exchange numbers and such.

I usually do the majority of my hunting off of W.5th and Ablemarle. RIght on the corner on the outside of the hood. Those few abandoned lots the corner have been quite the coin honey hole as of lately. Working on permission for the 3rd street school at the moment.

djstretch

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2012
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys, i'm new to this and live in greenville.
i'm hoping to borrow a metal detector this weekend and bring it home with me for a few months.
i've been reading alot and would be interested in meeting up with a few others interested in metal detecting in greenville.
PM me if you would be interested in meeting up.
Thanks

gotzskillz

Greenie
Sep 21, 2012
Greenville/Raleigh,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, GMT King Cobra, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a while since anyone has posted but I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm a current ecu student and have just recently gotten back into metal decrying, since I was 10 lol, and so far have only gone out decrying twice. I tried a tot lot but it was pretty clean. I've got one place I'd like to hit with a few others and luckily it's a farm field so getting permission shouldn't be too hard. I'd also be interested in meeting up with y'all, do some searching, and learn more.

ericsnnc

Sep 17, 2012
Greenville NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MTX
gotzskillz said:
It's been a while since anyone has posted but I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm a current ecu student and have just recently gotten back into metal decrying, since I was 10 lol, and so far have only gone out decrying twice. I tried a tot lot but it was pretty clean. I've got one place I'd like to hit with a few others and luckily it's a farm field so getting permission shouldn't be too hard. I'd also be interested in meeting up with y'all, do some searching, and learn more.

Drop me a line. I have not hunted this area yet, but I have done some research and found some promising spots. I have not been out much so if you got the know how maybe you can give me some pointers.

ralphmcnutt

Apr 13, 2011
In Greenville Nc

Looking for metal detecting partner in Greenville NC, if anyone is still interested please pm me contact info. I metal detect with white beach hunter, excellent for water digs and sandy areas, but works well on land too. Also collect Indian points and fossils.

jksweendog

Greenie
Jun 6, 2012
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Fisher F2
BH Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looking for metal detecting partner in Greenville NC, if anyone is still interested please pm me contact info. I metal detect with white beach hunter, excellent for water digs and sandy areas, but works well on land too. Also collect Indian points and fossils.
Hey bud. I saw your message a bit ago. Unfortunately I am no longer in Greenville but I am in wilmington. I got rid of my metal detector when I moved which turned out to be the worst mistake of my life and im dying to get back into it as of late

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread