neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope will post any finds but will be awhile still trying to find one house and other location is a large area have to find land owner and get permission.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know seems like a good idea but I worry ppl might start fighting over it.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't know seems like a good idea but I worry ppl might start fighting over it.

Depends on how much it is. My thought is finders keepers....

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
few will help until you find something. then you'll hear from relatives you never knew you had.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets say on the off chance i find a lot of money but dont want to tell anyone because of family fighting over it, if i put in bank can i get in trouble i mean if gov came to my door and wanted to know where it came from and i didnt want anyone to know even though it was obtained legally can they take it what would most likely happen also what about union / confederate british/gold coins can they just take it and give you nothing i wouldnt be surprised seems like burying your money is a good idea lol. anyone have firsthand experience with this happening to them?

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone answer or move to legal issues I'm on my phone and can't copy and paste would really Like to know answers to what I asked above.

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The law is a bit murky about that. too many variables, like who is claiming the money, who has a right to the money. I would not tell them anything.

If you do tell them, then you have the IRS to talk to.....:BangHead:

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had a new lead turns out the money might be on Indian grave mountain but that's all the info i have also lots of liquor may be buried also.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First day of searching with ace 150 i need to get more familiar with it area was overgrown bad i need to go back with weed eater, neighbors told me lots of copperheads in area, dug a lot of trash soil was really rocky and hard, its not a big area but lots and lots of small metal junk nails etc going to be awhile before trip 2.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
probally lots of silver do not put that in the bank.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not but having to plan it out more before i try again definitely clean out area around house so i can see snakes and need to spray all the old/new bees nests all around the house before i go messing around it, hopefully he didn't bury anything it that rocky soil nearby its very hard to dig in, my ace 150 kept going off i was trying to get used to it hope the soil isn't mineralized heavily.

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates neo?

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any updates neo?

Not sure if its real the family member who told me is unreliable and there is two locations to search even though I can't go back to one. There's a hill behind where I'm looking I figure since the house is so close to the road he wouldn't have wanted anyone to see him dig. I assume its up the very steep hill if it exists as soon as my hunting friend can go we will search.

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'd be surprised where old timers bury their stash. I knew of one in NY and he just tossed his cache into the back yard.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and a friend finally got to search both sites, we never found anything I know my great grandfather had a huge man made pond built back in the woods at one point, I think that's where it all went if not then he's hidden it very well. I'm spent a lot of time on it and am moving to other places to search. Hopefully I can find some old homestead maps, or stage road maps somewhere for this area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread