NC FOLKS

Deese

Oct 24, 2008
Mebane,NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex,Vallon Gizmo,Deeptech Vista Smart,Nexus Coronado,AKA Sorex,Quest X10
Mebane,NC here. Spend some time in Wilmington,NC as well.

pdougan

Tenderfoot
Nov 17, 2008
la grange nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello all just started this hobby but i live in the big town of la grange. it's between goldsboro and kinston NC.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pdougan said:
hello all just started this hobby but i live in the big town of la grange. it's between goldsboro and kinston NC.

Yes, welcome. I live in Goldsboro and work at the base in the FD. Tarheelboys told me about his contact with you as we work together. Bryan

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im near chimney rock,here at my parents log cabin for a xmas vacation for about a week.

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
FISHEYE said:
Im near chimney rock,here at my parents log cabin for a xmas vacation for about a week.

get out and swing your detector. Do some research on Rutherfordton, there is quite a history there, including one of the larges private makers of gold coins prior to there being a US Mint.

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gergeable said:
I'm also in Wilson...I'm also very new to this, thought it would make a great hobby.

It will make a great hobby brother. It takes alot of patience, but once you get better with your detector and start to find good stuff, you will not be able to put it down. It is like learning to ride a bicycle. Slow at first, but then you get good. Take care, Bryan in Goldsboro

Carolina Gold

Jul 31, 2007
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Liberty (below Burlington)...but I would love to live in the marion area. Anyone know if nuggets should stick to a magnet? Found one in Gold Hill. 2" long, 1/2" wide and 1/8" thick, its mostly silvery with golden craters. It rusted itself after I cleaned it up.

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Carolina Gold said:
Liberty (below Burlington)...but I would love to live in the marion area. Anyone know if nuggets should stick to a magnet? Found one in Gold Hill. 2" long, 1/2" wide and 1/8" thick, its mostly silvery with golden craters. It rusted itself after I cleaned it up.

Sounds like you got a piece of slag...

meeulk

Jan 2, 2009
Apex, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie from Raleigh. Got a detector for Christmas and haven't really used it yet...

DD-777 Lexington BBQ is the best ever!

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
meeulk said:
Newbie from Raleigh. Got a detector for Christmas and haven't really used it yet...

Welcome to T'net - yes, "Lexington Style" is most excellent. Unless you get stuck eating with Modern Miner - he likes to put cheese on his BBQ... :P

:wink: ;D

meeulk

Jan 2, 2009
Apex, NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
DD-777 said:
meeulk said:

Welcome to T'net - yes, "Lexington Style" is most excellent. Unless you get stuck eating with Modern Miner - he likes to put cheese on his BBQ... :P

Welcome to TN.
Cheese rules!!!!
-MM-

Thanks for the welcome!
Ha! The only thing that tastes good with Lexington Style BBQ is BBQ slaw and hot dip!

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
meeulk said:
ModernMiner said:
DD-777 said:
meeulk said:

Welcome to TN.
Cheese rules!!!!
-MM-

Thanks for the welcome!
Ha! The only thing that tastes good with Lexington Style BBQ is BBQ slaw and hot dip!
Thank God!!! A "Purist"... :wink: :D

Charlotte here... Brand new and ready to explore....

Attachments

• l_a7f7909f11520823d7cabc1e059be1de.jpg
    l_a7f7909f11520823d7cabc1e059be1de.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,250

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Brand New and In Wilmington...Hunting the Beaches, up to .45 cents already!!! :icon_king:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread