Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Unlike what people on this Thread would like us to believe...these logs were not positioned in Smith's Cove for retired Canadians to walk the island.

View attachment 1795246

No... from the dating of these logs and now the Unit of Measurement that was used...I believe what will be revealed is these Depositors used this Ships Dock to enable the Freemasons to bring ships up close to the island and remove their buried Treasure.
you sure have a thing for Freemasons, if you only knew the truth, you would realize how ridiculous your statements are

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes a joke from Robot is welcomed comic relief from the usual nonsense. :thumbsup:

I don't know why this was posted Robot, but what I was quoted as saying ("that was meant to be funny") had nothing to do with your current discussion.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know why this was posted Robot, but what I was quoted as saying ("that was meant to be funny") had nothing to do with your current discussion.

Cheers, Loki

Hi lokiblossom
I do not know what this is related to.
Maybe ECS can explain further?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
POST#2372.
Robot, are you saying that your humorous irony was not meant to be a joke?
Meant it or not, it was amusing and worth a good hardy laugh! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Humor...Is In The Eye Of The Beholder!

POST#2372.
Robot, are you saying that your humorous irony was not meant to be a joke?
Meant it or not, it was amusing and worth a good hardy laugh! :laughing7:

Humour.jpg

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Knights Templar Black Horse Troop from Wyoming is one of several performing Masonic Shriner mounted patrols in the Northwest, dressed alike and riding black geldings with matching tack appearing in parades, rodeos, and other events.
Their motto, "We ride so children can walk" exemplifies that good work this patrol does in raising money for children's hospitals.
While highly regarded and respected for their good works, The Knights Templar Black Horse Troop has nothing to do or is connected with the original Templar Order.

Like I wrote, a very good friend of mine belonged to this group, I'm surprised you didn't make a joke out of this, thank you for not!

Cheers, Loki

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
True Believers Need Not Use Adverbs Of Frequency Or Of Degree!

When Discussing Their Faith Or Beliefs About Oak Island!

They “Possibly” could use them to “Maybe” convince or “Perhaps” help others.

Today I share my beliefs, theories and hypothesis but, I “Will” show my proof “When” it is revealed!

Faith 1.jpg

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1796219

Ocean Levels at Oak Island calculated to have risen over 30 inches since the time of the Original Depositors...Maybe Oak Island was not an Island after all...but a Peninsula!

View attachment 1796218

I'm not sure if it was a peninsula but i feel that it was always one island. The swamp is nothing more than the low spot on the island and where all the silt collects. I also think that because it was the low spot , it was surveyed to build something such as a dry dock , wharf , or something.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure if it was a peninsula but i feel that it was always one island. The swamp is nothing more than the low spot on the island and where all the silt collects. I also think that because it was the low spot , it was surveyed to build something such as a dry dock , wharf , or something.

What stood out with this vintage picture of Oak Island is what can be made out to be a causeway connecting the island to the mainland.

If the Ocean Level was down some 30 inches in the mid 18th Century than I can imagine that foot traffic or wagons could have gone back and forth between Oak Island and the Mainland.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Like I wrote, a very good friend of mine belonged to this group, I'm surprised you didn't make a joke out of this, thank you for not!
You are welcome, Loki, but I am curious as to why you would bring the Knights Templar Black Horse Troop from Wyoming into this discussion, as this respected Shriner group has nothing to do with Oak Island or the alleged 14th century Templars voyage to Nova Scotia.

LouMiller

Dec 27, 2019
Austinville Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 Vanquish 540 Nokta Simplex
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What stood out with this vintage picture of Oak Island is what can be made out to be a causeway connecting the island to the mainland.

If the Ocean Level was down some 30 inches in the mid 18th Century than I can imagine that foot traffic or wagons could have gone back and forth between Oak Island and the Mainland.

Robot , i wasn't disagreeing with you , i mean't that i didn't know because i didn't see the photo. Actually i do agree with you.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are welcome, Loki, but I am curious as to why you would bring the Knights Templar Black Horse Troop from Wyoming into this discussion, as this respected Shriner group has nothing to do with Oak Island or the alleged 14th century Templars voyage to Nova Scotia.

I was showing that there are many groups out there calling themselves Knights Templars so a blanket statement such as "no Knights Templars would have worked on the roads" could have been incorrect. Other than that, no other reason.
At that point I realized I was putting my friends memory in harm's way and decided to drop the subject.

Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be as there are lots of Knights Templar groups out there.
I have a jacket worn by a very good friend from Wyoming that says he was a member of the "Knights Templar/ Black Horse Troop".
Your POST# 2363 response to alan m was when you brought the Knights Templar Black Horse Troop to the discussion as proof of "lots of Knights Templar groups out there", which was before my POST#2375 was made.
As for my "blanket statement" to which you now refer, we both know my reference was to 14th Templars building corduroy roads on Oak Island.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What Makes A Good Skeptic?

It was from an earlier story... posted somewhere on an Oak Island Thread…where some Skeptics were only showing Posting #’s… on their Posts.

One would just post the #434 and all of a sudden “Likes” were flourishing on his Posting.

Then another would post #533 and again many likes were given.

A new member observing…asked… what is this all about?

One of the Skeptics answered…saying…previously we always answered with the same critical statements and by now we have just memorized them.

Today… all we have to do is post a number and we all remember which critical statement this number refers to.

Why don’t you try?

So the new member posts after a member’s well thought out posting… the #434…no “Like” replies…then #533…again no “Like” replies.

The new member asks…what am I doing wrong?

The Critic replies…I guess some Posters just aren’t cut out to be good Skeptics!

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A cursory search on GE will show quite a few triangle shaped swamps in and around Mahone bay

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Staking" An 18th Century Sailing Ship...For Careening or Scuttling...101!

Were the Wooden Stakes found in the Swamp...originally used for Careening or better yet...Scuttling...of ships?

The swamp area of Oak Island in the 18th Century open to the Ocean with the rise and lowering of the Tides would have been a perfect area to tip a Sailing Ship for Careening the Hull or to access the Hull for Scuttling.

These wooden stakes would be used to secure the ship.

Wooden Stakes.jpg

careen, 3.jpg

I am predicting that one of these ships...scuttled...was the HMS Sterling Castle...loaded with Spanish Havana Treasure!

Sterling Castle.jpg

Attachments

• Careening a Ship 2.jpg
    Careening a Ship 2.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 50
  • Careening a Ship 3.jpg
    Careening a Ship 3.jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Careening a Ship 4.jpg
    Careening a Ship 4.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 42
  • Careening a Ship.jpg