Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the "Truth!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... There are hundreds of historical books you would have to read to get all of the information you seek. But to start with, read the books and youtubes about the Mound Builders of New York, The Mound Builders of Michigan and the Mound Builders of the Mississippi Valley.
You think the Indians built over 100,000 Earth Mounds up and down the East Coast along with fortifications like the ones in Kentucky and along the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers?
The evidence is everywhere all you have to do is seek and you will find it...
Are you referring to "historical books" that claim the North American Native American mounds, the South American and Egyptian pyramids are proof that Atlantis did indeed exist and when it sank, the survivors settled all over the globe; or it confirms alien contact who taught primitive humans the art of construction; or as most professional historians, anthropologists, and archaeologist agree, the mounds were built by early native Americans.
The Ohio mounds date from circa 438 BC, and were an early native American construction by the Hopewell Culture.

OP
OP
Robot

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Top Ten Theories...How Does A Chinese Coin...End Up On Oak Island?

david-letterman curse.jpg

10 Top theories on... How does a Chinese Coin end up on Oak Island:

No. 10

When Martin Frobisher is laughing all the way to the Bank after he has arranged to sell a boat load of Fool’s Gold to a Chinese Syndicate at Oak Island for an exchange of Coinage.
He then stops laughing when he discovers the coins are not gold and finds the interpretation of the embossment on the coins to translate as…”Negotiable only in China”.

No. 9

After a Great White Shark picks off a Chinese Swimmer far from shore…It swims around the World and gets picked off while swimming near to shore… by an Oak Island fisherman.
All that is left in its stomach is a Chinese coin.

No. 8

From a travelling Chinese Monk who throws a coin into the Jesuit’s Baja California Mission’s…Offering Plate.
Prior to these Jesuits expulsion from Mexico... these coins are sent to their Havana Cuba Cathedral.
The Royal Navy’s Freemasons sack Havana in 1762 taking all plunder from this Cathedral back to Oak Island.

No. 7

When Commodore George Anson returned in 1743 from his Canton around the World Voyage…he returned with a boat load of Chinese coinage.
He proceeded to pay his Cornish Miners tunneling and digging the Oak Island Money Pit with this coinage…I believe he received a courteous Middle Cornish reply…Kidge dhe vez !
http://www.youswear.com/sitemap.asp?language=Cornish&translation

No. 6

When the Canadian Grenadiers returned to Oak Island in 1762 after sacking Cuba…they devised a game called Chinese Coin Toss.
They would toss a Chinese Coin with the object for it to land with the square hole over the point of a bayonet blade…the loser had to take and dispose of all the coinage used.

No. 5

During Francis Drake’s around the World Voyage in 1577…he plundered many Chinese Pirate Ships.
These Pirate Ships were quick to pawn off a large part of these coinage…they convinced Drake these coins were gold coins.
Arriving at Oak Island to prepare their crossing back to England… he realized his folly and buried the lot there to minimize his embarrassment and save his head from the Ax Man...he was not successful!

No. 4

It was the Great Past Grand Father of Erno Rubik, who while stationed on Oak Island with the Depositors…devised a Chinese Puzzle…in which the purpose was... who could be the fastest in placing one of the many different sized round pegs in a bag through a Chinese coin’s square hole.
This game has only caught on recently with Election Officials... using it to determine the mental qualifications required for voting!

No. 3

How early Chinese Immigrants into Canada would try and skip their coinage across the channel onto Oak Island.
They were charged with Illegal Littering.

No. 2

Left open…for Naysayers.

And now the No. 1 most likely theory as to how a Chinese Coin landed on Oak Island:

Why the coins are scattered around the island?... may be due to last year’s Chinese Tourists...many upon arriving at Oak Island...discovered that Oak Island Tours would not accept their coins for the $25.00 entrance fee.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Franklin, in all humble honesty, at least as much as I am able to muster, I would like to see your evidence of European presence in America before Columbus, especially if it came from Kentucky or Tennessee.
It is probably something similar to the the oolite sedimentary stone found in Brandenburg, Kentucky in 1912 that had scratches on it.
In 1965, John Whitfield gained possession of the Brandenburg Stone and claimed the markings were really letters of script of the Welsh "COELBREN" alphabet, proving the early Welsh had settlements in Kentucky long before Columbus.
Alan Wilson and Barum Blackett, the British "self proclaimed" quasi -historians, who claim to have found the grave of the mythical King Arthur, and know the location of the Arc of the Covenant and the Holy Grail , and constantly disparage the professional academic historian community (of whom does that bring to mind :icon_scratch:). jumped on the Welsh/Coelbren alphabet on the stone as solid proof of prehistory Welsh settlements in Kentucky.
It seems Wilson and Blackett are not aware that Coelbren is a fake hoax alphabet created in 1791 by British literary forger, Edward Williams, under the pen name, Lolo Morganwg.
Professional archaeologists and geologists that have examined this stone, concluded that the markings are not a written script, but natural occurring scratches.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It is probably something similar to the the oolite sedimentary stone found in Brandenburg, Kentucky in 1912 that had scratches on it.
In 1965, John Whitfield gained possession of the Brandenburg Stone and claimed the markings were really letters of script of the Welsh "COELBREN" alphabet, proving the early Welsh had settlements in Kentucky long before Columbus.
Alan Wilson and Barum Blackett, the British "self proclaimed" quasi -historians, who claim to have found the grave of the mythical King Arthur, and know the location of the Arc of the Covenant and the Holy Grail , and constantly disparage the professional academic historian community (of whom does that bring to mind :icon_scratch:). jumped on the Welsh/Coelbren alphabet on the stone as solid proof of prehistory Welsh settlements in Kentucky.
It seems Wilson and Blackett are not aware that Coelbren is a fake hoax alphabet created in 1791 by British literary forger, Edward Williams, under the pen name, Lolo Morganwg.
Professional archaeologists and geologists that have examined this stone, concluded that the markings are not a written script, but natural occurring scratches.
No one can ever say that I did not give him a chance to prove himself

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
View attachment 1882198

10 Top theories on... How does a Chinese Coin end up on Oak Island:

No. 10

When Martin Frobisher is laughing all the way to the Bank after he has arranged to sell a boat load of Fool’s Gold to a Chinese Syndicate at Oak Island for an exchange of Coinage.
He then stops laughing when he discovers the coins are not gold and finds the interpretation of the embossment on the coins to translate as…”Negotiable only in China”.

No. 9

After a Great White Shark picks off a Chinese Swimmer far from shore…It swims around the World and gets picked off while swimming near to shore… by an Oak Island fisherman.
All that is left in its stomach is a Chinese coin.

No. 8

From a travelling Chinese Monk who throws a coin into the Jesuit’s Baja California Mission’s…Offering Plate.
Prior to these Jesuits expulsion from Mexico... these coins are sent to their Havana Cuba Cathedral.
The Royal Navy’s Freemasons sack Havana in 1762 taking all plunder from this Cathedral back to Oak Island.

No. 7

When Commodore George Anson returned in 1743 from his Canton around the World Voyage…he returned with a boat load of Chinese coinage.
He proceeded to pay his Cornish Miners tunneling and digging the Oak Island Money Pit with this coinage…I believe he received a courteous Middle Cornish reply…Kidge dhe vez !
Cornish Swear Words

No. 6

When the Canadian Grenadiers returned to Oak Island in 1762 after sacking Cuba…they devised a game called Chinese Coin Toss.
They would toss a Chinese Coin with the object for it to land with the square hole over the point of a bayonet blade…the loser had to take and dispose of all the coinage used.

No. 5

During Francis Drake’s around the World Voyage in 1577…he plundered many Chinese Pirate Ships.
These Pirate Ships were quick to pawn off a large part of these coinage…they convinced Drake these coins were gold coins.
Arriving at Oak Island to prepare their crossing back to England… he realized his folly and buried the lot there to minimize his embarrassment and save his head from the Ax Man...he was not successful!

No. 4

It was the Great Past Grand Father of Erno Rubik, who while stationed on Oak Island with the Depositors…devised a Chinese Puzzle…in which the purpose was... who could be the fastest in placing one of the many different sized round pegs in a bag through a Chinese coin’s square hole.
This game has only caught on recently with Election Officials... using it to determine the mental qualifications required for voting!

No. 3

How early Chinese Immigrants into Canada would try and skip their coinage across the channel onto Oak Island.
They were charged with Illegal Littering.

No. 2

Left open…for Naysayers.

And now the No. 1 most likely theory as to how a Chinese Coin landed on Oak Island:

Why the coins are scattered around the island?... may be due to last year’s Chinese Tourists...many upon arriving at Oak Island...discovered that Oak Island Tours would not accept their coins for the $25.00 entrance fee.
You left out one......”Planted by Gawy”

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No sir you are wrong and dead wrong. As for you alan m. I have put up several really good post but I deleted them because of all of your all stupid responses. You think you know everything but I am sorry to say, you are lost.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
No sir you are wrong and dead wrong. As for you alan m. I have put up several really good post but I deleted them because of all of your all stupid responses. You think you know everything but I am sorry to say, you are lost.

Franklin, you always state others are wrong without providing the why they are wrong.
As you referenced my Post#3004 as containing "wrong" information, PLEASE for once, exhibit decent common courtesy and provide real facts as to WHY it is wrong.

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You deleted them because you have no faith in what you posted, the fanatic always conceals the secret of doubt

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After this post I don't know how anyone can believe anything you type.. You are apparently the only person on here to believe this which does not make it a fact...

Make that two here. Only reference I have heard or seen was some family members they dragged up for the show (I watched seasons 2 & 3) who had one piece left.

I have a WWI Rifle my Grandpa carried in the war . . . by family history . . . but it was a post war $3 DCM Krag. He carried a M1903 or M1917, as did most US infantry at that time. Family histories get all twisted up.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only known forms of "writing" in the New World were those of the cultures in present-day Latin America and Mexico. No Native tribe of North America had any sort of written records. Cherokee did not have a written language until Sequoyah developed one in the early 1800s. The Mi'kmaq had a form of pictograph writing, but no examples earlier than the 17th Century exist, and those show heavy influence from the French.

Barry Fell was likely the most convincing of any of the "pre-Columbian contact" proponents...but while he brought forward interesting hypotheses, his conclusions were "fringe" at best, with placed him in the same category as von Däniken, Stichen, and Hancock.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The base foundation of all the theories of "someone" coming to North America and erecting these structures is the base racist stereotyping of Native American being too stupid or unsophisticated to be capable of creating such structures...so "someone" - usually white, European - MUST have arrived and educated and elevated such primitive creatures to such a level, and of course, these "visitors" afterwards being regarded as "gods" among the heathen savages.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Indians in the early 19th Century said, "We did not build those earthworks. White men built them."

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Indians in the early 19th Century said, "We did not build those earthworks. White men built them."

What "Indians" , what earthworks and where, and to whom was this said.
Please state the source you vague reference, without that, the statement carries no weight of validity, just useless prattle.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I think you have your quotes mixed up,
it was the wall of Cuzco When asked by the first Spanish to visit there which the local indians said were built by white men.
ref book “ A description of the Indies, by Antonio Vasquez de Espinosa”
even this evidence is not convincing that Europeans traveled to the New world en mass before Columbus.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... But as I said this is a forum for discussing ideas not a court of law where we have to lay the evidence out for everyone.
That is left up to you to find out for yourself.
But instead of checking out the information you would rather say you are right and we are wrong...
When one posts statements as "FACT" that are highly suspect of being from legend, lore, fabricated fantasies from altered facts of misinformation, one should nor become upset when questioned or asked for proof and source of the presented statements.
As for one taking your often posted advice of "find out for yourself", one quickly realizes that much of presented "facts" come from the unreliable source of "self proclaimed" purveyors of pulp pseudo history like Wilson & Blackett, Muir, Amundsen, Halpern, Wolter, Leigh, Baigent & Lincoln and many others whose works are fictional speculation derived from minimal facts, and many based on totally unrelated facts to the given subject.
Utilizing these charlatan quasi-historian "authors" for factual references DOES NOT promote any modicum of credibility for the presented statement as actually being factual, and casts a serious shadow over the one posting information as "fact" of a dubious origin that are unsupported, unproven, and unaccepted by the legitimate professional academic community.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Perhaps this is an appropriate time to introduce the concept of overwhelming evidence, for those not familiar.
since no one alive can legitimately claim first hand knowledge, historians must rely on second hand information to derive at what is considered the most probable truth. Overwhelming evidence plays an important role in this determination. This means that even if a document if discovered and found to be authentic, it would not change history if the information in that document was logically questionable. An analysis of UFO claims by ancients is an example.
there may have been UFO’s, or saucers in Biblical times, but it also could be that the writers of historic accounts then could just as easily have been making it up, or wrong, on drugs, whatever. It takes much more than one tiny piece of obscure evidence to change the course of historic opinion, thats just the way it is.

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Aside from all the gobbledygook being posted here I am enjoying this season. I don't care if the Lagina's are making millions off this series, and it runs another 20 years. At least I am happy knowing that they are leaving no stone unturned. I share the same wish and vision as they do, as I read the same Reader's Digest story at the age of 14, sitting at a table in the kitchen,..fantasizing for years what lay beneath the soil of this mysterious island. I really don't give a crap if treasure of any kind is ever found, because at "the end of the day" I do believe another chapter of history will be added to the beginning of America. Maybe a completely different chapter than what we all were taught growing up.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X
Aside from all the gobbledygook being posted here I am enjoying this season. I don't care if the Lagina's are making millions off this series, and it runs another 20 years. At least I am happy knowing that they are leaving no stone unturned. I share the same wish and vision as they do, as I read the same Reader's Digest story at the age of 14, sitting at a table in the kitchen,..fantasizing for years what lay beneath the soil of this mysterious island. I really don't give a crap if treasure of any kind is ever found, because at "the end of the day" I do believe another chapter of history will be added to the beginning of America. Maybe a completely different chapter than what we all were taught growing up.

The laginas are only re-turning over all of the stones that have been turned over many times before. With the entire island searched and extensively dug to deep depths for 200+ years, the oak island hoax has been revealed many times over....

With that said I too sometimes enjoy watching fictional drama tv shows....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread