My abbreviated theory for the Knights Templar treasure in Nova Scotia - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 288
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: My abbreviated theory for the Knights Templar treasure in Nova Scotia

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #31
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,511
    1055 times
    Relic Hunting
    The Shugborough Monument itself, created in the middle of the 18th century, as most already know, is very similar to the 2nd of Nicolas Poussin's painting of "Shepherds in Arcadia" mentioned in post 7 of this thread. The major differences are that Shugborough is a relief and the scene is basically reversed from Poussin's version. But one outstanding feature common to both is that the figures are mulling over a specific part of the lettering that reads "Et in Arcadia Ego" which can be loosely translated to "Also in Arcadia I". The questionable letter seems to be the "R" in Arcadia with one of the Shepherds in the Poussin pointing directly to it and in the Shugborough he is pointing to the word (albeit with a broken off forefinger) "in" while if the thumb was not also broken off it would be almost completely hiding the letter "R". In both works the theme seems to be that the message is transferred to Acadia from Arcadia. One must also wonder why these two particular digits were broken.

    The next clue is the letters "D" and "M" at each end of the coded message below the Shugborough relief. What needs to be taken into perspective here is the navigation backgrounds of both of the Anson brothers and at the same time understand that seconds of a degree of latitude or longitude were hardly used in 18th century navigation. These facts would lead one to the conclusion that the "D" stands for "degrees" while the "M" stands for "minutes" or minutes of a degree. A known degree and minutes of latitude along with a known degree and minutes of longitude would be a certain position on the Earth or the "coordinates" of a location. Without the use of "seconds" it would take 4 numbers to supply these coordinates. It is also important to note that prior to the latter half of the 18th century longitude, the position East or West could not be accurately determined while at sea. Only with the use of an accurate timepiece would this become possible. There can be no doubt that the solution to the Shugborough code is the coordinates of a location, but how to read it and where does it take us? Next chance I get I'll post my own answer IMHO.

    Cheers, Loki

  2. #32
    us
    Dec 2013
    Colorado
    Garrett/White
    173
    132 times
    Gemstone, fossil & rock collecting, gold panning,sluicing,dredging, drywashing, metal detecting
    interesting topic especially with the starting of the new Oak Island special November 10th and I think the reruns start 10/27. Hopefully someone can tell the forum if its for real or like Nessie...a phantom picture.

  3. #33
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,511
    1055 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    The Shugborough Monument itself, created in the middle of the 18th century, as most already know, is very similar to the 2nd of Nicolas Poussin's painting of "Shepherds in Arcadia" mentioned in post 7 of this thread. The major differences are that Shugborough is a relief and the scene is basically reversed from Poussin's version. But one outstanding feature common to both is that the figures are mulling over a specific part of the lettering that reads "Et in Arcadia Ego" which can be loosely translated to "Also in Arcadia I". The questionable letter seems to be the "R" in Arcadia with one of the Shepherds in the Poussin pointing directly to it and in the Shugborough he is pointing to the word (albeit with a broken off forefinger) "in" while if the thumb was not also broken off it would be almost completely hiding the letter "R". In both works the theme seems to be that the message is transferred to Acadia from Arcadia. One must also wonder why these two particular digits were broken.

    The next clue is the letters "D" and "M" at each end of the coded message below the Shugborough relief. What needs to be taken into perspective here is the navigation backgrounds of both of the Anson brothers and at the same time understand that seconds of a degree of latitude or longitude were hardly used in 18th century navigation. These facts would lead one to the conclusion that the "D" stands for "degrees" while the "M" stands for "minutes" or minutes of a degree. A known degree and minutes of latitude along with a known degree and minutes of longitude would be a certain position on the Earth or the "coordinates" of a location. Without the use of "seconds" it would take 4 numbers to supply these coordinates. It is also important to note that prior to the latter half of the 18th century longitude, the position East or West could not be accurately determined while at sea. Only with the use of an accurate timepiece would this become possible. There can be no doubt that the solution to the Shugborough code is the coordinates of a location, but how to read it and where does it take us? Next chance I get I'll post my own answer IMHO.

    Cheers, Loki
    To make a long story short, the solution for the Shugborough code is the coordinates, 44 degrees 32 minutes north by 63 degrees 43 minutes west, or for Google Earth, 44 32 00n X 63 43 00w. This is a general location evidently for the purpose of narrowing down the location of the searched for object in Acadia to Nova Scotia. But, also note that the latitude of 44 32 00n comes very close to the mouth of the Gold River, and in 1750 longitude would never have been very accurate. If anybody wants to know how I arrived at these figures just ask.

    Cheers, Loki
    Last edited by lokiblossom; Oct 28, 2015 at 08:25 PM.

  4. #34
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    1,530
    1034 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    To make a long story short, the solution for the Shugborough code is the coordinates, 44 degrees 32 minutes north by 63 degrees 43 minutes west, or for Google Earth, 44 32 00n X 63 43 00w. This is a general location evidently for the purpose of narrowing down the location of the searched for object in Acadia to Nova Scotia. But, also note that the latitude of 44 32 00n comes very close to the mouth of the Gold River, and in 1750 longitude would never have been very accurate. If anybody wants to know how I arrived at these figures just ask.

    Cheers, Loki
    Hi Loki

    My coordinates for the Freemason's Celestial Map are at 44.51.23 and 64.28.92, which is where their Apex Point at the Triangle would have been located.

    When I use your coordinates of 44.32 and 63.43 on my Stellarium program it gives a perfect fit for all the cross triangulation leading to both the Treasure Vault and Francis Bacon's Tomb.

    What I had not taken into fact was that the "Prime Meridian" has shifted "East" each year.

    In 1750 the coordinates you gave would have been the coordinates of Oak Island.

    This could explain how these coordinates may have been supplied to the American Freemasons to recover the treasure.

    My question is: How did you obtain these coordinates from Admiral Anson's Shugborough Monument?
    Last edited by Robot; Oct 29, 2015 at 03:06 AM.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  5. #35
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,511
    1055 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    Hi Loki

    What I had not taken into fact was that the "Prime Meridian" has shifted "East" each year.

    Robot, I do not follow your reasoning here. The Prime Meridian was always determined by men and since the late 18th century has been located at Greenwich, England and it has not moved. Prior to this it was located at Paris, the Canary Islands, West of the Cape Verde Islands (the Tordesillas Line of 1494) and Potolemy's use of the Fortunate Islands in the 2nd century, among a few others along the way. How do you arrive at the conclusion that it has shifted East each year?

    Cheers, Loki

  6. #36
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    1,530
    1034 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    Robot, I do not follow your reasoning here. The Prime Meridian was always determined by men and since the late 18th century has been located at Greenwich, England and it has not moved. Prior to this it was located at Paris, the Canary Islands, West of the Cape Verde Islands (the Tordesillas Line of 1494) and Potolemy's use of the Fortunate Islands in the 2nd century, among a few others along the way. How do you arrive at the conclusion that it has shifted East each year?

    Cheers, Loki
    Hi Loki

    Yes, roughly 350 feet each 100 years

    Why the 'Prime Meridian of the World' Shifted Hundreds of Feet

    Let me know how your deductions for your coordinates from the monument were derived.

    Thanks

    Robot
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  7. #37
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,511
    1055 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    Hi Loki

    Yes, roughly 350 feet each 100 years

    Why the 'Prime Meridian of the World' Shifted Hundreds of Feet

    Let me know how your deductions for your coordinates from the monument were derived.

    Thanks

    Robot

    No, some 300 feet because of more accurate measurements, not a certain amount east every 100 years, you may be confusing this with the magnetic North Pole which is steadily moving. Remember, the Prime meridian came first and the worlds grid of longitude followed from that. Now with the grid established by gps systems it was found that the original pm needed to be moved the 300 feet to compensate for a certain error. It also had been moved some 20 feet west because of an error discovered earlier. The longitude I posted is actually 29 miles east of Oak Island, but I also mentioned that at the time accurate longitude readings were very difficult to obtain. Without an accurate timepiece an observer would have to use a known timed event such as a lunar eclipse and also know at exactly which moment during this eclipse to take his readings in order to determine how far he was east or west of a known meridian. All of this would also depend on how accurate the forecast of the timing of the event was from the several months earlier when he left the known meridian.
    The coordinates I posted could possibly be referencing Oak Island as 29 miles of error is well within the standards of 1750. I have found as much as 40 miles of error in longitude in 18th century maps of the Acadian areas.

    I used the Cub Scouts "letter number cipher",lol, to get the coordinates from the Shugborough Monument. The relief on the monument is reversed from its famous counterpart so you need to start out by reversing the numbers. Did you even notice that both works are telling us that what we are looking for is in Acadia and not Arcadia?
    Cheers, Loki
    Last edited by lokiblossom; Oct 29, 2015 at 04:06 PM.

  8. #38
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    1,530
    1034 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    No, some 300 feet because of more accurate measurements, not a certain amount east every 100 years, you may be confusing this with the magnetic North Pole which is steadily moving. Remember, the Prime meridian came first and the worlds grid of longitude followed from that. Now with the grid established by gps systems it was found that the original pm needed to be moved the 300 feet to compensate for a certain error. It also had been moved some 20 feet west because of an error discovered earlier. The longitude I posted is actually 29 miles east of Oak Island, but I also mentioned that at the time accurate longitude readings were very difficult to obtain. Without an accurate timepiece an observer would have to use a known timed event such as a lunar eclipse and also know at exactly which moment during this eclipse to take his readings in order to determine how far he was east or west of a known meridian. All of this would also depend on how accurate the forecast of the timing of the event was from the several months earlier when he left the known meridian.
    The coordinates I posted could possibly be referencing Oak Island as 29 miles of error is well within the standards of 1750. I have found as much as 40 miles of error in longitude in 18th century maps of the Acadian areas.

    I used the Cub Scouts "letter number cipher",lol, to get the coordinates from the Shugborough Monument. The relief on the monument is reversed from its famous counterpart so you need to start out by reversing the numbers. Did you even notice that both works are telling us that what we are looking for is in Acadia and not Arcadia?
    Cheers, Loki
    You are right this shift is due to inaccurate measurements and not a shift due to the Earth

    The Prime Meridian has been corrected several times over the centuries due to inaccurate measurements to where today with modern satellite measurements it is out over 100 meters to the East.

    Maybe more info on your Boy Scout Decoder Ring and how you came up with your coordinates?
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  9. #39
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,511
    1055 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    You are right

    Maybe more info on your Boy Scout Decoder Ring and how you came up with your coordinates?
    A=1, B=2, C=3, O=15, U=21, V=22, S=19, now you have to create 4 numbers from 8,= 36/ 34/ 23/ 44 ( read latitude first from right to left (reversed, as the relief tells us), longitude still reversed but read left number (degrees) first, very simple, yes! D and M, degrees and minutes.

    As I mentioned, I have found more than 40 miles of error in longitude readings from 1750 maps, but latitude from a land based observation can be very accurate. I have come within a quarter mile using simply a framing square and level (which is basically all they had in 1750) in an experiment.

    Cheers, Loki
    Last edited by lokiblossom; Oct 30, 2015 at 07:47 AM.
    Hitndahed likes this.

  10. #40
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,511
    1055 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post

    When I use your coordinates of 44.32 and 63.43 on my Stellarium program it gives a perfect fit for all the cross triangulation leading to both the Treasure Vault and Francis Bacon's Tomb.

    In 1750 the coordinates you gave would have been the coordinates of Oak Island.
    Robot, the coordinates I gave were for degrees and minutes of a degree, each minute being 1/60th of a degree, but the way you wrote them is in degrees only. For instance a longitude written as 63.43 degrees would actually be 63 and 43 hundredths of a degree, whereas what I had written would be 63 degrees and 43/60th of a degree. This would result in an error of several miles. Just curious about what that does to your cross triangulation?
    Cheers, Loki

  11. #41
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    1,530
    1034 times
    Oak Island Treasure

    Can Shugborough Monument confirm the coordinates for "The Celestial Map"?

    Yes with the conversion ratio:

    https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/deg...ecimal-degrees

    The new co ordinates to decimal are:
    44.53.33.33
    63.71.66.67

    These co ordinates allow for cross triangulation through Draco as Sir Francis Bacon indicated with his codes.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freemason's Celestial Map 11.04.15.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	763.5 KB 
ID:	1231650

    Loki... if you could present your theory more precisely it would be additional proof towards my theory of Anson's Freemason's Celestial Map!
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  12. #42
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,511
    1055 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post

    Loki... if you could present your theory more precisely it would be additional proof towards my theory of Anson's Freemason's Celestial Map!

    Sorry Robot, but there is no more precision in the coordinates from the Shugborough Code. If everything else was 100 per cent accurate (which of course it is not), without the use of seconds of a degree the error can be as much as .8 miles in longitude and 1.15 miles in latitude. Each degree of latitude equals about 69 miles, while each degree of longitude at 45 degrees of latitude equals about 49 miles.
    Cheers, Loki

  13. #43
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    1,530
    1034 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    Sorry Robot, but there is no more precision in the coordinates from the Shugborough Code. If everything else was 100 per cent accurate (which of course it is not), without the use of seconds of a degree the error can be as much as .8 miles in longitude and 1.15 miles in latitude. Each degree of latitude equals about 69 miles, while each degree of longitude at 45 degrees of latitude equals about 49 miles.
    Cheers, Loki
    No problem then of my pasting and crediting you for your original theory to “Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”!..?
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

  14. #44
    us
    Loki

    Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    1,511
    1055 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    No problem then of my pasting and crediting you for your original theory to “Oak Island” the “Strange”, the “Bizarre”, and “Maybe” the "Truth”!..?
    Perhaps I should have changed my solution in order for you to prove your theory? Fortunately you cannot change the topic of my thread Robot. Whether you believe it or not I was trying to help you, but maybe there is no help, lol!
    Cheers, Loki

  15. #45
    Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    1,530
    1034 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    Perhaps I should have changed my solution in order for you to prove your theory? Fortunately you cannot change the topic of my thread Robot. Whether you believe it or not I was trying to help you, but maybe there is no help, lol!
    Cheers, Loki
    Hi Loki

    Yes it does help and thanks!

    Your discovery that Admiral Anson left a steganography, (the art and science of hiding messages in plain sight, to get a message across) within the Shugborough Monument supports where the Freemason’s moved the Knights Templar’s treasure, along with their treasures from Havana.

    I will precede to present my theory within my thread.
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

 

 
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Treasure Hunting / Gold Mining in Nova Scotia
    By FinderKeeper in forum Oak Island
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 14, 2015, 05:49 PM
  2. New Templar Theory
    By New Gold in forum Oak Island
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2015, 04:02 PM
  3. Treasure hunting to be banned in Nova Scotia waters
    By Alexandre in forum Shipwrecks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Nov 06, 2010, 07:21 AM
  4. Knights Templar Help
    By OutBack Duo in forum What Is It?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jun 09, 2007, 07:36 PM
  5. Treasure Signs and Symbols of the Templar Knights
    By welfred in forum Cache Hunting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2003, 01:01 PM

Search tags for this page

cathars templars knights templars languedoc mail
,
caves of sabarthes
,

content

,
gerard de villiers ark of covenant
,
gerard villiers templar
,
have vikings lived at rosey island, nova scotia
,
knights of christ oak island
,
oak island knights templar treasure theory
,
oak island treasure theories
,
order of christ oak island
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0