Templar Vault Chamber located in New Ross, Nova Scotia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What was being fortified? Looking at the location on Google Maps I'm struggling to identify a redoubt or hilltop.. Is this the same area that FindersKeepers were digging last year?

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What we could not prove on the other forum was why or when Charing Cross in Nova Scotia received that particular name.

==================

I suspect it has more to do with the "Charing Cross" near Ploegsteert Wood in Belgum where Canadian soldiers fought and died in WWI. I have not seen any historical maps or other documents referencing a Charing Cross in the New Ross area. Also, it is only referred to colloquially by locals as "the Cross".

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
What Joan found in her yard, that she was convinced was a Norse fortification. It wasn't. So what was it, and does this make her a more or less reliable witness?

As I don't know where you are going with this, you start.

I started a week ago. No one took me up on it.

Joan's story is an interesting one, but I think that she made a lot of incorrect conclusions. She thought that she had a Norse fortification on her property. I don't think that she did. Various theories have been advanced as to what she'd found. Some made sense and some did not. We don't have to speculate about how Norse fortifications were constructed, as we have existing samples and they're remarkably similar when ranked by age. If she was indeed correct, we have more to discuss. If she was not correct, it's at least possible that she was also incorrect with some of her other theories.

What did she dig up?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until it's dug up and remains found, there is no proof of Templar graves. The bs continues just as with oak island. Show us empirical proof instead of stories

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Until it's dug up and remains found, there is no proof of Templar graves. The bs continues just as with oak island. Show us empirical proof instead of stories
And do I care if you believe it or not :dontknow: I do not have a film crew on site to tell me what to do and I have no reason to make up stories or to fake anything. Its my money and time spent so what do I gain from posting this info. I do it for the people that live in the area and the people that still have hope that there is something major at this site. No one is doing anything about it but a few of us. Will I give up more info just so some will cut it up :BangHead: that's why I will not prove to you or Dave anything more. Have any of you made a trip to Nova Scotia and done work at the site :tongue3: Ya I thought so. I have been there 7 times and done a lot of work YET you both know more than we do , I will only answer to people that ask the right questions :occasion14:.

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Will I give up more info just so some will cut it up :BangHead: that's why I will not prove to you or Dave anything more. Have any of you made a trip to Nova Scotia and done work at the site :tongue3: Ya I thought so. I have

If you're refusing to prove your position, it's going to be awfully difficult to...well, to prove your position. I do sincerely hope that you find that you're looking for. I mean that in the best way possible.

I have not made a trip to Antarctica, but I understand that penguins live there and robins do not. I'm basing my opinion on research, as I haven't personally observed this. I'm willing to debate the topic if anyone disagrees with me on this. Again, I haven't been there, but I'm pretty sure that penguins live there and robins do not.

If anyone has any interest at all in discussing the Norse fortification in Joan's yard that probably isn't, I'm game. In case a discussion with me is undesirable for whatever reason, a simple Google image search (use "norse fortification" for starters) may be enlightening. Don't take my word for it.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And do I care if you believe it or not :dontknow: I do not have a film crew on site to tell me what to do and I have no reason to make up stories or to fake anything. Its my money and time spent so what do I gain from posting this info. I do it for the people that live in the area and the people that still have hope that there is something major at this site. No one is doing anything about it but a few of us. Will I give up more info just so some will cut it up :BangHead: that's why I will not prove to you or Dave anything more. Have any of you made a trip to Nova Scotia and done work at the site :tongue3: Ya I thought so. I have been there 7 times and done a lot of work YET you both know more than we do , I will only answer to people that ask the right questions :occasion14:.

Rhetoric dodging the question. Unless substantiated proof is presented, anything else is a fairy tale.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If one wishes to see...One must be willing to take the adventure!

I have not made a trip to Antarctica, but I understand that penguins live there and robins do not. I'm basing my opinion on research, as I haven't personally observed this. I'm willing to debate the topic if anyone disagrees with me on this. Again, I haven't been there, but I'm pretty sure that penguins live there and robins do not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_birds_of_Australia,_New_Zealand_and_Antarctica

I believe the "Flaming Robin" from New Zealand has been reported seen in "Antarctica"!

flaming robin.jpg

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I don't think that I'm a member on that forum. Would you mind explaining this? It was mentioned earlier in the thread and wasn't on my radar, and I'd like to know more about it."

=====================

It's a 2013 thread.
Oak Island Treasure ? View topic - Scott Wolter has it wrong
Ok this is a good question and I can answer it. Joan Hopes work and her story was to be in the TV show but Lisa Stone from the library of Hope found out I was going to pump all the water from the Holy Well and she stopped us from using anything. I had to do a drawing of the castle site because the film crew did not know about the art rights . Scott had little to say about Joan because of copy rights. Lisa Stone was to be on site to be in the TV show but did not show up. Again there was a lot done and not done on site and the film crew could not talk about it , that's why so many questions come up . The drill rig was way to big for this job but this was what the drilling company sent us . The film crew went nuts and we had to use it . There was no scrip to follow , everything was live and each worker told what their job was so we got it right. Scott got caught up in how our equipment worked and how a real treasure hunt was done . They had a scrip but from day one their was no way to do it. Things just came up and new finds changed everything in one second. A lot of film was not shown and I had hoped they would of made this in 2 parts. There was just to much info to put in one TV show.
WE did hit gold in one of the drill holes and our equipment did show gold in the well area but we did not own the mineral rights and everything found would be taken from us and no reward. So it took us time and money to come back and do it right and some info was not talked about until we had things locked up. I hope this answers your question.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're refusing to prove your position, it's going to be awfully difficult to...well, to prove your position. I do sincerely hope that you find that you're looking for. I mean that in the best way possible.

If anyone has any interest at all in discussing the Norse fortification in Joan's yard that probably isn't, I'm game. In case a discussion with me is undesirable for whatever reason, a simple Google image search (use "norse fortification" for starters) may be enlightening. Don't take my word for it.
Their was a person that read books on farming but he was not a farmer until he worked on a farm.
Their was a person that read books on how to build a house but he was not a carpenter until he built something.
Their was a person that read books on Treasure Hunting and Joan Hopes work , but he knows nothing until he does work at the site.

You can read all the books you want and think you know it all but its when you get your hands dirty you know the truth.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What we could not prove on the other forum was why or when Charing Cross in Nova Scotia received that particular name.

==================

I suspect it has more to do with the "Charing Cross" near Ploegsteert Wood in Belgum where Canadian soldiers fought and died in WWI. I have not seen any historical maps or other documents referencing a Charing Cross in the New Ross area. Also, it is only referred to colloquially by locals as "the Cross".

Not at all, it was called "Charing Cross" as the historian I mentioned said. And I have the photo of both the gun emplacement and a photo of the memorial that stands there now calling it Charing Cross. Over the years the name was shortened to "The Cross" by the locals and it was thought that it was because of the two roads that crossed there, although it was called Charing Cross prior to the building of the second road. It has nothing to do with a place called "Belgum" (wherever that is). As for it not being on any maps, that is the point, where did the name come from?
If you want to make an argument though, make it over a possibility. Such as some displaced Londoner who named it out of homesickness.
Cheers, Loki

Last edited:

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_birds_of_Australia,_New_Zealand_and_Antarctica

I believe the "Flaming Robin" from New Zealand has been reported seen in "Antarctica"!

View attachment 1278001

Has it?

I probably should have clarified which robin I was specifically referring to, but I believe that I'd be forgiven in assuming that I was talking about the American robin. In America, the term "robin" is used nearly exclusively for the American robin. The fault is with me for forgetting that this is a global community, and that a robin here is not a robin there.

In order to make things right, I'll revise my previous statement. I don't think that there are American robins in Antarctica. I still believe that there are penguins there, and I still haven't been there. In my defense, we're still not discussing the key issues.

Norse fortifications, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread