Oak Island Treasure found in 1913

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personly am from aus. I myself have found artifacts and ruins of vessels that pre date the arrival of the british.

What dates did you arrive to, and what methods were used to arrive at those dates? Do you have concrete, verifiable data to back up your claim, or is it more "I BELIEVE that these objects predate XXXX". That is the lazy archaeology that Wolter and Pulitzer are known for. "I believe that it is so, therefore, it IS so." ... and then threaten to sue anyone who challenges them.

As far as i am aware wolter and pulitzer are putting together a legit documented white paper to submit.

Don't hold your breath. This 'white paper' is only 4-5 months late at this point.

They have also sent a direct chalenge to the university over their dating methods.

Pulitzer has flip-flopped on that. He now accepts the university's findings on the metallurgy of the phony sword. He is now claiming that the metallurgy is irrelevant, as (according to Pulitzer) Romans had swords with as high zinc contents as the one tested at SMU... despite no actual Roman artifacts ever found that meet that zinc content... or any artifact from any culture anywhere more than 200-300 years ago.

Pulitzer is a fraud in a goofy hat. He tells you something, believe the opposite.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I blame the Indians .

"Wa-Wa-Wa that Belonged to my ancestors." etc.

My personal Belief.... They would rather let it hidden
then let proof come back that it wasn't really their Ancestors.
but in reality, it was someone Else's ancestors who may have been here first.

Thats right jeff. Perhaps the larger race was the original habbitants and the indians were the ones who brought them to an end. Our species is alot older then we give ourselves credit for

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just have to look back through all the old news clippings. There are hundreds of stories and even photographic proof.

All kinds of newspaper clippings and photos of the Loch Ness Monster. Elvis, too, for that matter. Doesn't mean anything.

Take his evidence re bury to bones and threaten a long jail stay if they dig them back up.

... because its illegal in most places to dig up bodies.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A big part of the Hutton tale has to do with Hutton himself...

He produces items and proclaims them to be so and so...When it is shown that 'no' that is not what it is with verifiable proof, by testing, by other examples known to be fakes or even objects that are the same, but for an entirely different purpose than he claims...He goes off on this rant that 'everyone is out to get him' and then proceeds to do his own test (on the sword) not under lab conditions or with even decent equipment, and then uses that to verify his claims himself...Do you see a problem with that? He already produced a 'white paper' that was not in anyway acceptable as a researched paper...only propaganda to back up his claim by using his own test results with no outside verification of the facts presented.

Not the way it is done, if there is no outside peer review with standards accepted by all of academia, then it is just a self serving story to get you to buy into his self centered world. Opinion is one thing, proof another...he has none.

If he truly believed, beyond doubt, that the sword is what he says it is...he could have any recognized metallurgical lab in the world perform the tests to verify that sword, not a homebrew test, he himself administered, as he is trying to use as proof.

Oh wait...they are ALL out to get him...yeah, right...That is the excuse used by many when they know they can't stand the scrutiny ANY outside source would bring...Best to just try to discredit them instead, kind of like when someone has no facts to use in a debate, resort to calling names to divert the focus of not having facts...You know, 3rd grade tactics..

To my understanding he never tested it himself. I think he seeks to have it looked at by different professionals and fields. Hutton does talk alot ill say that. But he gives and takes where some wont. He has made his mind up on what he has chosen. But the different is his not pointing at a book saying this is right. He does offer up his research and other findings for the public to make up their own mind. You can love him or hate him. Im a facts guy not a believer

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Prof from St. Mary's was perfectly qualified to analyze the sword. Based on it's metallurgy, it isn't a period Roman sword. You don't need to ship it to Italy to figure that out.

Alright we are all getting a bit off topic here. Ill admit that. The sword who knows im no expert. But yes i do beleive we are not being told the full story. Heres a few things to consider.
Australia has the most purest gold in the world. Now if you were to find an ancient gold ring in your back yard. Chances are it would be declared modern because of the purity when in fact it was made here.
2. Lets say you find a gold eqyption artifact in your back yard. Something small hand size. Would you take it to your local egyptoligist (who would know more than egypts own egyptoigists) or would you want the guys in and from egypt to look at it.

If your buying a car do you shop around or take the first one you see. Why take a single oppion with out double checking.

Irrelevant. It has more to do with the technology that went into creating the metal that the sword is made of... technology that was not available until the 1800's.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps the larger race was the original habbitants and the indians were the ones who brought them to an end.

No evidence of these giants, and yet you speak as though their existence is a matter of fact. I thought you called yourself a 'facts guy'.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No evidence of these giants, and yet you speak as though their existence is a matter of fact. I thought you called yourself a 'facts guy'.

I've seen plenty of News Reports & stories about Giants.
That is Evidence to me.

Just like there are plenty of stories about U.F.O.'s , Big Feet (Big Foot's ?) & other Cryptids.
We all know for a Fact U.F.o.s by Description (Unidentified Flying Objects) exist.
There are still people out there who Laugh them off. Yet they can't Identify them Either.
Even with Pics they can't identify, they Insist that is not Evidence it is unidentified :icon_scratch:. so..
Do if you really Believe not one of these is Evidence https://www.google.com/search?q=gia...Bw7rOAhWoAcAKHZA-CDsQ_AUICCgB&biw=819&bih=458
your among those who won't accept it anyway. [yes some are Fake.. But All ?]

Correct ?

Forgive Me ! I don't mean this as an attack on you.....
I just don't know how else to Say this, when I see someone say "No evidence"

What is "Evidence" ?

Yes I'm guilty also when it comes to ghosts. "No Evidence"
We all have things we will not believe unless it Shakes hands with Us.

yet others take it as scripture :tongue3: even without "Evidence" :laughing7:

Last edited:

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"Giant bones" that were "discovered" in W. Tennessee back in 1800's were carted around traveling carnivals of the era. Later determined to be Mammoth bones. The bones the Smithsonian lost either ended up in the dinosaur exhibit or like.. Or were never sent at all.

I'll get a link or two that backs this up (wont be from any ancient alien/crystals/ufo website)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reparee, Ryano, they did exist. The last one was killed in the late 1800-s. in Chunapas, Chih. When I questioned his son in 55, i asked him why, he shrugged and answered " it seemed correct at the time "

They have a buriel cave system some two days ride by mule, in the the Cero de la Canpana...

I also reported the gigantic aquatic serpent up at Tubares that I found myself swimming nude with, apparently they only eat fish, but never the less I always 'wore shorts after, that just in case' while fording the Rio El Fuerte looking for the lost Gloria Pan mine,

Both incidents wer reported to the Academic authroities, with absolutely no action.

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From Spanishhill.com
Captain John Smith described the size of the Susquehannocks as follows: "60 of those Susquehannocks came to the discoverers [Smith's party] with skins, bows, arrows, targets, beads, swords, and tobacco pipes for presents. Such great and well proportioned men are seldom seen, for they seemed like giants to the English, yea and to the neighbors [other Indians]..."

Last edited:

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right after the university tests were done, he came out with a video disputing the findings and showed himself testing the sword. Then he used those results in his first "white paper"...Those are facts..

I havent followed him or what he is saying since then, you may want to go look up some of his earlier vids to find this and the first "white paper"...

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Right after the university tests were done, he came out with a video disputing the findings and showed himself testing the sword. Then he used those results in his first "white paper"...Those are facts..

I havent followed him or what he is saying since then, you may want to go look up some of his earlier vids to find this and the first "white paper"...

In all honesty. I dont really care about the sword. It was a attention grab to liven up a dull season 3. Now there going after some cross. Which someone did share a catalog in which the cross could be purchased from. Its tv there going to do what they can for ratings.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've seen plenty of News Reports & stories about Giants.
That is Evidence to me.

Just like there are plenty of stories about U.F.O.'s , Big Feet (Big Foot's ?) & other Cryptids.
We all know for a Fact U.F.o.s by Description (Unidentified Flying Objects) exist.
There are still people out there who Laugh them off. Yet they can't Identify them Either.
Even with Pics they can't identify, they Insist that is not Evidence it is unidentified :icon_scratch:. so..
Do if you really Believe not one of these is Evidence https://www.google.com/search?q=gia...Bw7rOAhWoAcAKHZA-CDsQ_AUICCgB&biw=819&bih=458
your among those who won't accept it anyway. [yes some are Fake.. But All ?]

Correct ?

Forgive Me ! I don't mean this as an attack on you.....
I just don't know how else to Say this, when I see someone say "No evidence"

What is "Evidence" ?

Yes I'm guilty also when it comes to ghosts. "No Evidence"
We all have things we will not believe unless it Shakes hands with Us.

yet others take it as scripture :tongue3: even without "Evidence" :laughing7:

To right Jeff and i have seen a ufo with my own eyes mate. No i dont have a story about being abducted.

People who are set in their ways wont accept change until they are ready. You can argue with them till your blue in the face. If they are set you wont change them. Anyways we are all getting off topic with the name bashing. Ufos giants and big foots.
Oak island its a mystery.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

You might be right. I have not read it. But i will look into it.

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What dates did you arrive to, and what methods were used to arrive at those dates? Do you have concrete, verifiable data to back up your claim, or is it more "I BELIEVE that these objects predate XXXX". That is the lazy archaeology that Wolter and Pulitzer are known for. "I believe that it is so, therefore, it IS so." ... and then threaten to sue anyone who challenges them.

8 spanish silver coins from the 1600s. Brass swivel gun. Silver cuttlery found on a beach. A wreck is near by. All peices are from that time period

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I can believe in 6 or even 7 ft tall "tribes" of men .. It's the 8 to 15 ft tall stories that's diificult to stomach .

As far as what Tropical Tramp saw with his own eyes, I won't argue or dispute. I haven't led the life of an adventurer or explorer.. But I sure enjoy the stories and am thankful he (and others) are sharing them !

Roadhse2

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"8 spanish silver coins from the 1600s. Brass swivel gun. Silver cuttlery found on a beach. A wreck is near by. All peices are from that time period "

If you do a bit of research on your own, you will find the Spanish coins were the currency used in the whole area for a long period of time until they were settled enough to begin minting their own currency...So not unusual for those to be there...Same with cutlery...I believe you must mean a bronze swivel gun as that is the customary material for those weapons, but either way, what does that supposedly prove? The shipwreck Hutton had already claimed as a Roman ship...so now is it something else? No one,not just Hutton, has dived on and done the research on this shipwreck to determine what period it is from is the last word I heard on that, because they couldn't get the permits needed to do so from the Nova Scotia gov't....so has that changed?

Why now does the Roman sword not matter? It sure did when you started this thread... That was the whole focus of Hutton's theory about the area being visited in earlier times...Now it has been proven to be fake, suddenly it doesnt matter? Or has he changed his story timeline to a later date, the 1600's? If he has then there is no big deal as many use that timeline for visits to Oak Island, so what does he hope to prove, that is outside of the norm?

Relics of the 1600's prove nothing at all ...all smoke and mirrors...Huttons normal way of doing things

marticus

Sep 16, 2013
NSW
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
GPX 4500
Garrett Infinium LS
45 inch Coil sled mono
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"8 spanish silver coins from the 1600s. Brass swivel gun. Silver cuttlery found on a beach. A wreck is near by. All peices are from that time period "

If you do a bit of research on your own, you will find the Spanish coins were the currency used in the whole area for a long period of time until they were settled enough to begin minting their own currency...So not unusual for those to be there...Same with cutlery...I believe you must mean a bronze swivel gun as that is the customary material for those weapons, but either way, what does that supposedly prove? The shipwreck Hutton had already claimed as a Roman ship...so now is it something else? No one,not just Hutton, has dived on and done the research on this shipwreck to determine what period it is from is the last word I heard on that, because they couldn't get the permits needed to do so from the Nova Scotia gov't....so has that changed?

Why now does the Roman sword not matter? It sure did when you started this thread... That was the whole focus of Hutton's theory about the area being visited in earlier times...Now it has been proven to be fake, suddenly it doesnt matter? Or has he changed his story timeline to a later date, the 1600's? If he has then there is no big deal as many use that timeline for visits to Oak Island, so what does he hope to prove, that is outside of the norm?

Relics of the 1600's prove nothing at all ...all smoke and mirrors...Huttons normal way of doing things

Coins and stuff found in Aus. Which appearently cook discovered in 1770.
Seperate to oak island convo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread