Who else is getting tired of hearing about the Templars

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Morocco is about the same distance from Oak Island as Scotland is - so maybe Oak Island has remains of the Banu Hilal tribes that were fleeing Turks in the 13th century?

Last edited:

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Facial hair and blue eyes = Vikings

There is factual, proven evidence that the Vikings came to North America but ZERO evidence the templars did....

And by the way, coconut fiber has no specific ties to the templars......it could have came from anywhere, brought by anyone.....

Sorry, the Vikings don't fit into the Carbon dating and another little piece of the puzzle was that the Mikmaq Indian Deity "Gloosecap" taught the Mikmaq People the game called Lacrosse which is copy of a early Scottish game called "Shinty", which was a form of field hockey. And true the coconut fibers do not tie themselves to the Templars, but someone between 1260AD and 1400AD decided the fibers needed to be there. I do not believe that they floated there because if that were the case I would have figured someone within the population of southern shores of Nova Scotia would tell someone that it was a natural occurrence and others have been found. If it is not common, what are the odds of finding the only island out of over 300 in Mahone Bay to have the only coconut about 18 inches below the ground? So your anyone and anywhere has to fit the 1260AD to 1400AD...Who out of the list of suspects fits that?...Templar....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, the Vikings don't fit into the Carbon dating and another little piece of the puzzle was that the Mikmaq Indian Deity "Gloosecap" taught the Mikmaq People the game called Lacrosse which is copy of a early Scottish game called "Shinty", which was a form of field hockey. And true the coconut fibers do not tie themselves to the Templars, but someone between 1260AD and 1400AD decided the fibers needed to be there. I do not believe that they floated there because if that were the case I would have figured someone within the population of southern shores of Nova Scotia would tell someone that it was a natural occurrence and others have been found. If it is not common, what are the odds of finding the only island out of over 300 in Mahone Bay to have the only coconut about 18 inches below the ground? So your anyone and anywhere has to fit the 1260AD to 1400AD...Who out of the list of suspects fits that?...Templar....

Empirical evidence exists that the Vikings did make it to North America. No evidence has ever been shown that the templars came to North America, period...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Empirical evidence exists that the Vikings did make it to North America. No evidence has ever been shown that the templars came to North America, period...

You mean the "Hooked X" and the ruinstones mean nothing about the Templars?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Umm, that continent, at least on that side did not have coconuts, so yes, it was an amazing discovery!

Cheers, Loki

Uh, maybe you're not aware of the many "southern" items that have been found as far north as Nova Scotia. The Gulf Stream, Storm surges, etc., have been known to push all manner of objects that far north. Here in Indiana we still find all sorts of ancient items in our fields. Evidence exist that the native populations even held extensive trade, also some types of unique flint, for example, have been found hundreds of miles from it's source, etc. So no, those coconut fibers establish nothing. And certainly no connection to the Templers.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Most of the so called carvings some say they found on oak island and other “mysterious” places tend be be scratches or grooves that imaginative minds look at and see something other than what it really is. The others tend to be ones folks looking to attain relevance carved themselves.....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, maybe you're not aware of the many "southern" items that have been found as far north as Nova Scotia. The Gulf Stream, Storm surges, etc., have been known to push all manner of objects that far north. Here in Indiana we still find all sorts of ancient items in our fields. Evidence exist that the native populations even held extensive trade, also some types of unique flint, for example, have been found hundreds of miles from it's source, etc. So no, those coconut fibers establish nothing. And certainly no connection to the Templers.

^This......

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Hooked X is nothing. A load of nonsense dreamed up by Scott Wolter to sell books. The various runestones are hoaxes as the KRS has been proven to be.

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Uh, maybe You're not aware of the fact that coconuts did not grow anywhere in the Atlantic Basin before being introduced by the Portuguese in 1500 and the fibres at Oak Island have been dated to well before that. That means that the Gulf Stream or storms could not have pushed coconut fibres into Nova Scotia at least until they began to grow in the Atlantic Basin. Are you also aware that Atlantic Basin includes the Caribbean, The Gulf of Mexico and the Mediterranean. There is some evidence that they grew on the Pacific side of Panama somewhat earlier, but as the Panama Canal didn't yet exist I don't think they would have floated from there.

Cheers, Loki

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, maybe You're not aware of the fact that coconuts did not grow anywhere in the Atlantic Basin before being introduced by the Portuguese in 1500 and the fibres at Oak Island have been dated to well before that. That means that the Gulf Stream or storms could not have pushed coconut fibres into Nova Scotia at least until they began to grow in the Atlantic Basin. Are you also aware that Atlantic Basin includes the Caribbean, The Gulf of Mexico and the Mediterranean. There is some evidence that they grew on the Pacific side of Panama somewhat earlier, but as the Panama Canal didn't yet exist I don't think they would have floated from there.

Cheers, Loki

I think if one desires to believe in the fantastical then they are going to argue in favor of that fantastical despite all else.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hooked X is nothing. A load of nonsense dreamed up by Scott Wolter to sell books. The various runestones are hoaxes as the KRS has been proven to be.

You are one proof ahead of the rest of the world because it has not been proven yet?

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010

Really "Period"...How "Adamant"...

I am not saying the Vikings were not here in North America, their last "Known" voyage was 1009AD. But that "Empirical Evidence" that you are referring to I believe lies up in Greenland and Newfoundland not Oak Island or even Nova Scotia for that matter. I would at least expect to see some kind of remnant of their communal house like what they have found in Greenland and Newfoundland.
Why is it so hard for people to fathom the possibility of a group of men fleeing "Persecution" from a church that deemed them "Heretics" in which the sentence was death or by a "Crown" that sought all that they possessed and was going to kill them in the process. What if what they possessed was truly worth keeping out of the reach of the corrupt, are you telling me that back then they couldn't keep a secret...
If any theory makes sense it the idea of the Templar Knights coming here to North America seeking "Asylum" from their persecution and keeping out of reach the treasure which kings would kill for.
It was suggested that Giovanni da Verrazzano, who ventured along the Eastern coast of North America and named it Arcadia, even though financed by the King of France to search for new route to China was actually looking for a lost Templar colony in the New World.
How do you know that the stone carvings are not evidence of the Templars being here.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are one proof ahead of the rest of the world because it has not been proven yet?

The KRS uses runes that were not in use until well after the medieval period that it's supporters claim that it was carved in. ...and then there is John Gran's confession that he and Ohman carved it themselves ...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am not saying the Vikings were not here in North America, their last "Known" voyage was 1009AD. But that "Empirical Evidence" that you are referring to I believe lies up in Greenland and Newfoundland not Oak Island or even Nova Scotia for that matter. I would at least expect to see some kind of remnant of their communal house like what they have found in Greenland and Newfoundland.
Why is it so hard for people to fathom the possibility of a group of men fleeing "Persecution" from a church that deemed them "Heretics" in which the sentence was death or by a "Crown" that sought all that they possessed and was going to kill them in the process. What if what they possessed was truly worth keeping out of the reach of the corrupt, are you telling me that back then they couldn't keep a secret...
If any theory makes sense it the idea of the Templar Knights coming here to North America seeking "Asylum" from their persecution and keeping out of reach the treasure which kings would kill for.
It was suggested that Giovanni da Verrazzano, who ventured along the Eastern coast of North America and named it Arcadia, even though financed by the King of France to search for new route to China was actually looking for a lost Templar colony in the New World.
How do you know that the stone carvings are not evidence of the Templars being here.

The Vikings made it to the North American continent long before any Europeans. There is factual evidence of that, PERIOD.

There is ZERO evidence that any templars came to oak island or any other point on this continent, PERIOD.

Yes, the templars were in deep dodo and were looking for an out, but they never sailed across the Atlantic to North America.

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think if one desires to believe in the fantastical then they are going to argue in favor of that fantastical despite all else.

At least that's better than starting out, "Uh, maybe you're not aware of the fact", and btw, everything I wrote on that post (#170) is fact, not fantastical at all!

Cheers, Loki

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If they want to find out exactly who came to Oak Island they can go to the Northwest corner of Oak Island and look for their village. It is now under water. That is where they unloaded their ships. That is where Fred Nolan found the Cross made of stones. . There was another cove located there other than Smith's Cove. As the Atlantic Ocean has risen over the years, the town was took under and the missing cove by the ocean. The same with the "swamp" in the mid to late 1600's it was higher above the ocean but since the ocean has risen it is now a swamp. That is where another entrance to the treasure was located in the "swamp"

Look for Chart #15, "The Lost Cove of Oak Island" by Joseph F.W. Des Barres 1776, map.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a statement Mr. Wonder, I "wonder" (get how I did that) how you can be so sure, did you know somebody who sailed with them to where ever they went?

Cheers, Loki

Did YOU know anyone who sailed with them? Given how certain you are that they came to NS (despite the stunning lack of any evidence at all), you must!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone even looked up the words, "Nova Scotia?" I mean it tells you where they came from, Nova Scotia meaning "New Scotland" Just like in New Spain you find Spaniards in New Scotland you would find people from Scotland. Elementary my dear watson. I forgot exactly where were the "Templars" from? Oh yes, Scotland.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread