Oak Island 'reality' show - Bogus adventure IMO

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know where there are 889 large gold bars in two different locations. One it says was a Grant to the CSA Government. Each one of these in Bullion in 1865 was worth from $11 to $15 Million Dollars.

I'd say they must be pretty large!

In 1865 gold was worth $30/troy ounce. $360 per pound. So a single $15,000,000 bar would weigh 41,667 pounds. 20 tons.

How many of those bars could one mule carry?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say they must be pretty large!

In 1865 gold was worth $30/troy ounce. $360 per pound. So a single $15,000,000 bar would weigh 41,667 pounds. 20 tons.

How many of those bars could one mule carry?

First of all you have got to move up in technology from one mule to heavy wagons or trains. Then you got to get away from one bar and think in terms of 1778 bars-----large-------now your regular bars run an average of 27 #'s and some as much as 60 # to 80 #, I like to think these bars are 80#s each so how much is 1778 times 80 that comes to 142,240 pounds or about 70 tons. I forgot how about in one of these locations there were over $5 Million in gold specie now how much would all of that weigh and how much would it be worth. But wait, there are millions of pounds more in 58 total depositories.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No shiiiiii-----------

I am not like Eldo. Get me landowner's permission and I will show you more gold than King Solomon ever had in his temple.

Please forward landowner's contact information. I will negotiate a win-win deal for them and yourself for a commission of no more than $500,000. And if any confederate belt buckles are found, I get one. Deal?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please forward landowner's contact information. I will negotiate a win-win deal for them and yourself for a commission of no more than $500,000. And if any confederate belt buckles are found, I get one. Deal?

PM has been sent.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is a Spanish 8 Reale. It is amazing to hold one of these and see exactly how heavy they are compared to common coinage we use today. On one of my TH'ing vacations, I met a guy who had found 5 of these just in front of the dunes. We'll assume storms deposited them but that's anybody's guess. I searched and searched for one these on the island where he found them and came up empty handed. As my luck would have it, I met a very nice lady whose father was part of the crew that recovered the Atocha. She had lots of things on display but the Eight Reales caught my eyes. I said, 'I loved to have one of them!' She said, 'pick one out and give me whatever you think it's worth.' So I did.
B1886.jpg B1885.jpg
Could it be something that worn by Templars on their seafaring voyages along the coast? Could this ship been headed to oak island but never made it? Perhaps worn by some bloody pirate who was made 'walk the plank'?

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was time to meet in our TH'ing strategy room out in the woods. No cell phones allowed. Could it be the Templars had meetings here too? People were on the edge of their seats wondering where we'd go hunt next.

War_room_in_the_woods.jpg

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had our distractors who gave a full on attack the first time we discussed this subject on Oak Island. We held a seance and contacted John Wayne's spirit. Since I was a fellow Irishman, he spoke freely with us. LOL
TheQuietMan1.jpg

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well we had a TV show faked right here on Tnet.
We here on Tnet told this member about his watch Treaty of 1791 .
Much later i see it on TV on the "Southern Pawn Store" something like that....it was on one season one hour shows .
Here the thread and if your saw the TV show on it they claimed the watch would sell for 1 Million .
1791 Treaty--New York Cased silver watch. Need information.Humbert & Mairet.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what is that U shaped thing off oak island? Could it be a fish trap? Could someone been real hungry and decided they'd build a fish trap? Rather ingenious I'd say. Placed where low tide exposes beach or ocean floor. Fish come into this at high tide. Then tide goes back out and at low tide you have trapped fish. Easy pickings for anyone who wants lots of fish. Could it be the Templars were tired of starving on Oak Island and had enough timber to build a small settlement? Could they have been fishermen like the 12 Apostles? Or did the Micmac Indians build this structure?
Ancient Fish Trap.JPG photo from article to give you a clear visual
BBC NEWS | Technology | Ancient fish trap found off coast

another example!
https://www.gettyimages.pt/detail/f...along-the-coast-fotografia-de-stock/149270910

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well we had a TV show faked right here on Tnet.
We here on Tnet told this member about his watch Treaty of 1791 .
Much later i see it on TV on the "Southern Pawn Store" something like that....it was on one season one hour shows .
Here the thread and if your saw the TV show on it they claimed the watch would sell for 1 Million .
1791 Treaty--New York Cased silver watch. Need information.Humbert & Mairet.

yeah and I've seen some whoppers as we all have on these sites. You're either honest or you are not. And 'truth' has really become passe'
in this day of photo-shopped people, places, and things. But you draw your own conclusions. What else can you do?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is that U shaped thing off oak island? Could it be a fish trap? Could someone been real hungry and decided they'd build a fish trap? Rather ingenious I'd say. Placed where low tide exposes beach or ocean floor. Fish come into this at high tide. Then tide goes back out and at low tide you have trapped fish. Easy pickings for anyone who wants lots of fish. Could it be the Templars were tired of starving on Oak Island and had enough timber to build a small settlement? Could they have been fishermen like the 12 Apostles? Or did the Micmac Indians build this structure?
View attachment 1557744 photo from article to give you a clear visual
BBC NEWS | Technology | Ancient fish trap found off coast

another example!
https://www.gettyimages.pt/detail/f...along-the-coast-fotografia-de-stock/149270910

It's the front portion of Noah's Arc! Good lord, man! You've solved it! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
footnote: unless otherwise noted, I've found everything I'm posting as my own personal TH'ing history. It will say (I found, I dug, etc.) I did not find the two gold coins at the beginning of this post stream. Nor did I say or imply this. My commentary on this blog post is designed to make some people realize that TH'ing shows on TV can easily be casted in a very specific narrative, in an attempt to prove some 'pet theory' or basically pull the wool over the unsuspecting, uneducated public's eyes. By uneducated, I mean they know nothing about real MD'ing or TH'ing. Here I'm mixing my finds with Templar and Alien hunter humor on purpose. If you don't get that by now, well nothing anyone can do about it. i don't need to prove anything regarding my finds - people who know me in the field and on here know that I do not post things that are not found by me using a MD. And that's good enough for me. Many of these finds were posted by me in previous posts on Tnet but I erased all photos when I was attacked by relentless poster who I got banned. But I was told that i could not return the favor or basically defend myself. That dog don't hunt. Hence a long lapse of posts. Just so no rookie or newbee doesn't misunderstand this whole stream by me. I'm showing with real finds - how you can spawn a narrative (story) that has little if any semblance to the truth or fact. I would hope this has been made abundantly clear.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
‘Amateurs built the Ark,

Noah's Ark.JPG
professionals built the Titanic’
smiley.gif

Titanic sinking.JPG

Last edited:

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
footnote: unless otherwise noted, I've found everything I'm posting as my own personal TH'ing history. It will say (I found, I dug, etc.) I did not find the two gold coins at the beginning of this post stream. Nor did I say or imply this. My commentary on this blog post is designed to make some people realize that TH'ing shows on TV can easily be casted in a very specific narrative, in an attempt to prove some 'pet theory' or basically pull the wool over the unsuspecting, uneducated public's eyes. By uneducated, I mean they know nothing about real MD'ing or TH'ing. Here I'm mixing my finds with Templar and Alien hunter humor on purpose. If you don't get that by now, well nothing anyone can do about it. i don't need to prove anything regarding my finds - people who know me in the field and on here know that I do not post things that are not found by me using a MD. And that's good enough for me. Many of these finds were posted by me in previous posts on Tnet but I erased all photos when I was attacked by relentless poster who I got banned. But I was told that i could not return the favor or basically defend myself. That dog don't hunt. Hence a long lapse of posts. Just so no rookie or newbee doesn't misunderstand this whole stream by me. I'm showing with real finds - how you can spawn a narrative (story) that has little if any semblance to the truth or fact. I would hope this has been made abundantly clear.

Why all bold type?

Cheers, L.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well Franklin got back with me.........not surprisingly his "find" is under a National Cemetery and another municipal location, both of which are inaccessible...........how convenient.........

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Franklin got back with me.........not surprisingly his "find" is under a National Cemetery and another municipal location, both of which are inaccessible...........how convenient.........

No actually the maps are there the treasures are scattered all over the East Coast. I know the contents and the general locations of eight of these fifty eight depositories but without the maps they can not be found to recover. However I do know where four of their exact locations are in Danville, Virginia. Go to WRAL TV in Raliegh, N.C. and watch our two minutes on Tar Heel Traveler. Louisburg treasure seekers hunt Civil War gold :: WRAL.com

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That is the problem of knowing where treasure caches are located- they are always at locations where one is not allowed to dig. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why all bold type?

Cheers, L.
is this a serious question? Well you know it makes it easier to read or so I thought. But I can ditch that idea if it is not easier to read. Now i have one for you. Are you the 'trickster' as your name implies in Norse mythology or is that just coincidence? Inquiring minds wish to know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes the eagle keeps showing up as if some kind of unspoken theme. These buttons added to that mix. Could this be a Templar signal to keep digging for eagles? Could it be that Roger Bacon was somehow involved with these symbols? Could it be Roger Bacon was indeed the Bard himself and liked eagles? I began to wonder where the Templar influence ended and Bacon's began.
Eagle_Buttons_125.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread