Metal detecting and scanning beach yeilds a (cleaned?) Crossbow arrow shaft - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Metal detecting and scanning beach yeilds a (cleaned?) Crossbow arrow shaft

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2015
    1205 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Robot View Post
    What would you expect to find on the property of a well know...Pirate!
    More to the point... What would you expect to find on an island with a well known logging history?..... Logging Poles....
    Charlie P. (NY) and Raparee like this.
    Live the moment...

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    999 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    More to the point... What would you expect to find on an island with a well known logging history?..... Logging Poles....
    Logs...The whole Province is covered in Logs...Why would anybody waist their time...Harvesting Logs... on an Island of roughly 145 acres...With the difficulty of removing them!

I have a Wood Lot of the same dimension in Northern BC...I would consider it Small Potatoes...In Canada!
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

Nov 2015
    1205 times
    Logs...The whole Province is covered in Logs...Why would anybody waist their time...Harvesting Logs... on an Island of roughly 145 acres...With the difficulty of removing them!

I have a Wood Lot of the same dimension in Northern BC...I would consider it Small Potatoes...In Canada!
    There was a saw mill there once. Also people would have to move logs to clear the property to build on. As well as that they have already found theses parts of logging poles on the island before.

J.Steele believes the island was used to make naval stores in her book This would of had heaps of logs/trees being moved about.

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/sawmill.html

On a related point the map shows the sawmill seems to be where they found those rocks with the holes in them.

Mr. Clarence Beamish built the saw mill in the early 1900's, using reinforced steel to strengthen the concrete pillars.
    This would probably explain the rocks with the holes and spikes in them as well.
    Last edited by gazzahk; Nov 29, 2018 at 10:57 PM.
    Live the moment...

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6378 times
    Only question I have that I can not answer myself is who moved the large stones some of 10 or 20 tons in their exact locations to form Nolan's Cross or the Tree of Life. How did they do that? And why did they do that. Obviously someone cut stones on the Island but for what purpose? Are they the stones that are in the swamp covering an entrance into a vast tunnel system? Someone help me out with these questions? I need answers?

Charter Member
    ca
    Mar 2014
    999 times
    Oak Island Treasure
    There was a saw mill there once. Also people would have to move logs to clear the property to build on. As well as that they have already found theses parts of logging poles on the island before.

On a related point the map shows the sawmill seems to be where they found those rocks with the holes in them.

This would probably explain the rocks with the holes and spikes in them as well.
    If the rocks are still there...It could not have been much of...A Sawmill!
    The search for "Truth" and "Justice" is my "Prime Directive."

Nov 2015
    1205 times
    If the rocks are still there...It could not have been much of...A Sawmill!
    I was thinking they may have been braces for lifting trees up (Ie cables attached to stabalise something) etc... But I know nothing about sawmills..
    Live the moment...

Nov 2015
    1205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Only question I have that I can not answer myself is who moved the large stones some of 10 or 20 tons in their exact locations to form Nolan's Cross or the Tree of Life. How did they do that? And why did they do that. Obviously someone cut stones on the Island but for what purpose? Are they the stones that are in the swamp covering an entrance into a vast tunnel system? Someone help me out with these questions? I need answers?
    Yep.. That is defiantly one of the mysteries I would like answers to as well...
    franklin likes this.
    Live the moment...

Feb 2013
    Longview, Texas
    1906 times

J.Steele believes the island was used to make naval stores in her book This would of had heaps of logs/trees being moved about.

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/sawmill.html

Where's the sawmill tokens? There would be a treasure.
    eyemustdigtreasure likes this.
    “The enemy never sees the backs of my Texans!" - General Robert E. Lee

"While I could never repose confidence in a Yankee, I have never been deceived by an Indian" - Daniel Boone

us
    Dec 2017
    Grove City, Ohio
    Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
    147 times
    My guess is that Nolan put them there, He had surveyed the island in the early 60's for other searchers/land owners with no mention of a cross made .The cross wasnt made public until much later when he owned the lots the boulders are on ... He was also a searcher and seeking funding.
    jeff of pa likes this.

us
    Professional Treasure Hunter

Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    6378 times
    Naw, he removed one with a bulldozer and found treasure under it. He did not place them perfectly on exact measurements with perfect alignments. Was Nolan a mastermason?

us
    Mar 2011
    166 times
    saved from screen capture

Attachment 1655980
    It appears to be a piece of an older style gigging spear. There where probably 3 or more of those on the end of a pole and are used by divers or people wading in low water gigging for lobsters or eels. Could be another piece of homemade ingenuity from the islander that made the cross shaped sinkers.

Its very likely that someone that lives there now knows of the the resident that did all the fishing. This of course will not be shared.
    All relics, coins, or other items appearing in any of my signatures were found on PRIVATE PROPERTY with total consent and permission from the owners of said property.

us
    Stretch

Jan 2017
    XP Déus & a Carrot!
    1087 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by burlbark View Post
    It appears to be a piece of an older style gigging spear. There where probably 3 or more of those on the end of a pole and are used by divers or people wading in low water gigging for lobsters or eels. Could be another piece of homemade ingenuity from the islander that made the cross shaped sinkers.

Its very likely that someone that lives there now knows of the the resident that did all the fishing. This of course will not be shared.
    Are you suggesting this is not a Templar Artifact? Drayton was pretty sure it was Templar.
    Archie Laird doesn't have a good poker face so they try not to show him too much.
    Was watching Digging Deeper last night as nothing else was on and I like when Marty asked "Well don't most Crossbolts have wooden shafts?"

I like gigging spear... sounds cool. If it was Templar and hundreds of years old, certianlly did good buried on a beach in salt water for HUNDREDS of years.
    Last edited by Stretch Da Truth; Dec 04, 2018 at 07:32 AM.

us
    Dec 2017
    Grove City, Ohio
    Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
    147 times
    Naw, he removed one with a bulldozer and found treasure under it. He did not place them perfectly on exact measurements with perfect alignments. Was Nolan a mastermason?
    Maybe/ maybe not , but he was a surveyor
    franklin likes this.

Nov 2015
    1205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by burlbark View Post
    It appears to be a piece of an older style gigging spear....
    Yep

is certainly does look similar to the middle spike on this one (Found when google "old gigging spear canada" on image search.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_1.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	1657613

Closer match than any cross bow bolts on the internet..
    Live the moment...

Nov 2015
    1205 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gr88bd View Post
    Maybe/ maybe not , but he was a surveyor
    Yep.. He was. He also raised money/partners for his treasure searches so it could not be ruled out that he moved some rocks to make the Cross... J.Steele believes in her book it was the Jesuit's who made the cross. Here theory is the naval store operation was owned and run by the Jesuits using slave labour. The cross was there as some type of religious ceremony/meeting place or some thing that they slaves were made to build...
    Live the moment...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links