Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Templar Research

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2015
    814 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Templar Research

I do not understand why Rick wanted all that old ladies research on her wacko theories. What is the point on trying to find evidence of Templars visiting Oak Island to bury treasure if there is NO EVIDENCE of any treasure being buried there.

To me it looked like the guy was relived to get rid of the clutter of paperwork. I would bet money that this stuff is just stored in boxes and never looked at again. I cannot see Rick sitting there going over hundreds of boxes of old notes looking for evidence on oak Island that the old lady could not find after spending years on it.

My sympathies to her family but do not believe that her research has added anything to the Oak Island story....

There is ZERO evidence of the KT ever visiting OI.
    Live the moment...

Charter Member
    us
    TOM

Dec 2012
    UPSTATE NEW YORK
    1970 COMPASS- WHITES SILVER EAGLE- WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL- GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
    2838 times
    More items for the museum
    G.A.P.metal likes this.
    A BAD DAY OF DIGGING IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

Charter Member
    us
    Seriously?

Mar 2008
    WA
    Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
    1092 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gazzahk View Post
    I do not understand why Rick wanted all that old ladies research on her wacko theories. What is the point on trying to find evidence of Templars visiting Oak Island to bury treasure if there is NO EVIDENCE of any treasure being buried there.

To me it looked like the guy was relived to get rid of the clutter of paperwork. I would bet money that this stuff is just stored in boxes and never looked at again. I cannot see Rick sitting there going over hundreds of boxes of old notes looking for evidence on oak Island that the old lady could not find after spending years on it.

My sympathies to her family but do not believe that her research has added anything to the Oak Island story....

Reality doesn't change, but our perceptions of it can. Sometimes reality doesn't appear to make sense. When this happens, it's usually because you're viewing it through the wrong filter.

Right now, you're using a filter that assumes that Rick is in the business of looking for treasure. Viewed through this filter, reality doesn't make sense. Instead, use a filter that assumes that Rick is in the business of making a television show about looking for treasure, and then many of the logical oddities of this particular reality will make more sense.
    Avatar taken from "The Biting Pear of Salamanca." See the original here: http://ursulav.deviantart.com/art/Th...manca-29677500

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    585 times
    Relic Hunting

Absolutely wrong! There is evidence in the "coconut fibre" that has been identified and dated to the correct time period. Although there is some questions as to how the identity and dating of the material was accomplished and perceived it is still evidence, (notice I didn't say proof). If it is ever actually proven to be coconut fibre and the dating of the material to be fairly accurate I would call it very solid evidence indeed. The facts are, first, that coconut fibre did not grow naturally anywhere in the Atlantic Basin (according the consensus of most experts) until introduced by Europeans in 1499, well after the time period in question. The only known origin that could possibly have a connection to the Northwestern Atlantic in the correct time period (without wild speculation in 14th century Chinese exploration) would be from the Eastern Mediterranean. The only people trading in the Eastern Mediterranean and traveling the length of that sea and into the Atlantic was the Knights Templar. Those that say what about the Norse are greatly mistaken, check your datings! Also, it is well known that several Templar vessels (the number of 18 has been used) left the Port of La Rochelle in 1307 and disappeared. And, btw the Knights Templar controlled La Rochelle since 1139. Another point is that the Templars, at the time (1307) had a good reason to disappear, which many did with, after the arrests of 1307, some 2500 unaccounted for in France alone.

I would call on anybody who can to have the coconut fibre positively identified through dna and that particular sample dated. I know there is a sample in the Oak Island Museum of which I was offered a little to test many years ago. At the time I didn't think any of this would go on this long, and I also had accepted the testing already done as accurate.

Cheers, Loki
    Last edited by lokiblossom; Dec 06, 2018 at 11:09 AM.

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    5487 times
    If there is zero evidence, then how did the "Tree of Life Stones" get in their exact positions? How did the stones align with star charts of the "Northern Cross" a Christian Symbol and would have been "Holy Ground" to the Knight's Templar. Sorry but I believe the Knight's Templar have been in this country hundreds of years before Christopher Columbus.
    There are evidence of them being all over the Eastern Coast of the US and as far west as Arizona and New Mexico. The Kingsington ruin stones found at the end of the nineteenth century with the "hooked X" as some are making fun of on this forum is verifiable proof of the Knight's Templar coming to America.

Nov 2015
    814 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    Absolutely wrong! There is evidence in the "coconut fibre" that has been identified and dated to the correct time period....

The only known origin that could possibly have a connection to the Northwestern Atlantic in the correct time period would be from the Eastern Mediterranean....

The only people trading in the Eastern Mediterranean and traveling the length of that sea and into the Atlantic was the Knights Templar....
    And you believe this is EVIDENCE of the KT visiting Oak Island? Sorry that is not evidence of anything other then coconut fibers were found on OI....
    Charlie P. (NY) and alan m like this.
    Live the moment...

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    585 times
    Relic Hunting
    And you believe this is EVIDENCE of the KT visiting Oak Island? Sorry that is not evidence of anything other then coconut fibers were found on OI....
    Yes I do, and I am sorry that you are still wrong. I believe that if the evidence as I describe it was presented to an intelligent and unbiased observer he or she would come to the conclusion that with a positive identification of the material as coconut fibre it would be considered viable evidence of a Knights Templar landing on Oak Island! The problem would be in finding an unbiased observer on this forum.

Cheers, Loki

Charter Member
    us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    9988 times
    Metal Detecting
    Is there documentation of the Knights Templar using coconut fiber for anything while they were in France or the Middle-East?

Finding the fiber does not lead to a connection with any one organization. Except maybe the Coast Guard (coconut fiber was used in WWII Lifejackets).
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    3783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    Is there documentation of the Knights Templar using coconut fiber for anything while they were in France or the Middle-East?

Finding the fiber does not lead to a connection with any one organization. Except maybe the Coast Guard (coconut fiber was used in WWII Lifejackets).
    Always wondered if a storm or ocean currents could have carried it there?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    585 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    Always wondered if a storm or ocean currents could have carried it there?
    From where, India?

Cheers, Loki

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    3783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiblossom View Post
    From where, India?

Cheers, Loki
    beats me, but trash sure seems to easily make its way across the world in the oceans currently
    Rebel - KGC and Simon1 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    3783 times
    all it would take is a pocket of coconut fibers, just like the trash pockets of today, and a storm to blow it into the island. right? and it only stuck around in the sheltered area of the islands coast. I dunno just spitballing ideas here.
    Simon1 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    3783 times
    or maybe a ship using them as packing sunk near there and it got washed or blown in? who knows?

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    585 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post

Finding the fiber does not lead to a connection with any one organization.

Sure it does. If found in North America it had to have been used by somebody who could have traveled from the Middle East or the Indian Ocean area to North America. Somebody who traded in the Middle East during the proper time period, and had the ability to carry it to North America during that same time period. And just a btw, the Norse did not trade in the Middle East during that proper time period, and nobody of record sailed from the Atlantic Basin to the Indian Ocean at that time. The Knights Templar did trade and operate in the Eastern Med. and had a major operation on Cyprus during the early 14th century, they sailed from Cyprus to France with a small fleet in early 1307, and disappeared from France that same year with vessels completely capable of crossing the North Atlantic. So, they were in the right places, at the right time, used the correct material, had the motive, and most importantly, no other group fits the mold.

Cheers, Loki

us
    Loki

Dec 2014
    Traverse City, Mi.
    585 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tpmetal View Post
    or maybe a ship using them as packing sunk near there and it got washed or blown in? who knows?
    What ship traded in the Eastern Mediterranean and sailed the Atlantic in the 13th and early 14th century.

Cheers, Loki

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links