Door latch....NOT

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am simply amazed at how much Gary found with his little hole. Then when the archaeologist dug out the entire area no finds of any kind are mentioned? What happened was everything in that one little bitty hole?

It did look promising but like so many finds on OI, they drop the ball and never show the item or thing again either because it was nothing or it doesn't line up with whatever theory they are peddling that week/episode.

The other option might be that he is doing it like an Archie would, with a spade trowel and brush and it might not get done with one guy doing it till 2025!

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw, it showed he had it dug out about five by ten feet and about two feet deep to a pile of stones?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But and I say that again BUT, he started to peddle it as a tunnel or shaft! Then they cut to Rick who said something like "That's what we are looking for tunnels and shafts under ground on OI"

It was way over on the other side of the island right? Don't think anything would be over there. Someone has to have some theory as to that's the side or backdoor entrance to the actual vault, the MP is just a rouse to foil any attempts at getting the treasure!

7 MUST DIE!!!!! That one always gets me!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are theories out there of just that. Passage ways in from other parts of the island. Just no way to know if it is just a theory unless you go looking for it and prove it right or wrong... Which is some of what they are doing yet everyone wants to bust their balls for it...

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are theories out there of just that. Passage ways in from other parts of the island. Just no way to know if it is just a theory unless you go looking for it and prove it right or wrong... Which is some of what they are doing yet everyone wants to bust their balls for it...

I don't recall any theories on anything that have to do with the far left side of the island. You have Money Pit, Swamp, Smiths Cove, 10x, Nolan's Cross... might have missed some, trying to remember but these are the big theories, searches, sections of concern that I can remember. Others can add if they like.

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the guy this year claiming there is a tunnel from his island to OI.. or something like that..

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But and I say that again BUT, he started to peddle it as a tunnel or shaft! Then they cut to Rick who said something like "That's what we are looking for tunnels and shafts under ground on OI"

It was way over on the other side of the island right? Don't think anything would be over there. Someone has to have some theory as to that's the side or backdoor entrance to the actual vault, the MP is just a rouse to foil any attempts at getting the treasure!

7 MUST DIE!!!!! That one always gets me!

It has to do with the "Cremona Document" Zena Halpearn's Map of Oak Island. They have already confirmed two locations on the "Map" Maybe they have confirmed more. That is where the "valve" was said to be located to shut off the water to the "Treasure Vault" The "Treasure Vault's" back entrance, if not flooded. The "Treasure Vault" should be located directly under "Kingdom" in the Kabbala Tree of life about 100 to 150 deep. The Main Entrance was at the "Money Pit" but it has been made useless by them breaking the water level seal. The tunnel from the "Money Pit" is about one quarter of mile long.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget the guy this year claiming there is a tunnel from his island to OI.. or something like that..

I remember that. It was a couple seasons ago... Totally absurd. It was a foot or something like that with a tunnel going to his island and he wanted money or them to dig it all up and he would give the 20% or something like that. They have at least 1 new crackpot every season!!

It has to do with the "Cremona Document" Zena Halpearn's Map of Oak Island. They have already confirmed two locations on the "Map" Maybe they have confirmed more. That is where the "valve" was said to be located to shut off the water to the "Treasure Vault" The "Treasure Vault's" back entrance, if not flooded. The "Treasure Vault" should be located directly under "Kingdom" in the Kabbala Tree of life about 100 to 150 deep. The Main Entrance was at the "Money Pit" but it has been made useless by them breaking the water level seal. The tunnel from the "Money Pit" is about one quarter of mile long.

I remember her map and it did look promising but they dropped it again after looking at that one location. There were lots of items in French or Latin but as the Lag boys usually do start something, push it aside and go do something else. They never finish a search or follow up. WTF!!!!

They are the poster boys for ADHD Treasure Hunters!!!!

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but they may be working on it in their future shows. They may be waving one hand while using the other some place else on the Island. The found the "Hatch" at one location and I believe with the stones, they found the "valve" Strange they would go to those exact locations of Zena's Map and find those two. If those two are real then the "Map" is Real.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, but they may be working on it in their future shows. They may be waving one hand while using the other some place else on the Island. The found the "Hatch" at one location and I believe with the stones, they found the "valve" Strange they would go to those exact locations of Zena's Map and find those two. If those two are real then the "Map" is Real.

I guess they might but doubt it... I have watched ever show for every season... yes, I like torture! LOL.
Usually they don't revisit things again with the exception of the fav's... MP, cove, swamp...

I remember the Hatch. That was not too far off in the woods from Dave's house, right? Looked promising but I believe it bottomed out at 2 feet or so. And then they were not allowed to bring in any equipment to dig, right?
Can you refresh me on the Valve? I am drawing a blank. :icon_scratch:

oak-island-map2.jpg
Found map and added for discussion.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess they might but doubt it... I have watched ever show for every season... yes, I like torture! LOL.
Usually they don't revisit things again with the exception of the fav's... MP, cove, swamp...

I remember the Hatch. That was not too far off in the woods from Dave's house, right? Looked promising but I believe it bottomed out at 2 feet or so. And then they were not allowed to bring in any equipment to dig, right?
Can you refresh me on the Valve? I am drawing a blank. :icon_scratch:

View attachment 1672117
Found map and added for discussion.

It is listed there on your map but the location is not given. The third one down on the right. La soupape (the Valve) There is a better map out there at least there is a better map in Zena's book. And in Donald A. Ruh's book.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is listed there on your map but the location is not given. The third one down on the right. La soupape (the Valve) There is a better map out there at least there is a better map in Zena's book. And in Donald A. Ruh's book.

I just did a quick google (of the map) so we would have it to discuss.
Did the boys ever visit the valve on the show? That I don't remember.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they went to Lot #22 I believe about two or three shows back. They mentioned a tunnel or shaft when they found the pile of stones and Gary was with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread