Smiths Cove, Laginas and the flood tunnels DEBUNKED!!!

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The legend of OI is in a large part based on the belief that Smiths Cove and the man made beach we built to hide a flood tunnel system to protect the treasure. This assumes that all the water found in the various attempts dig the pit and recover the treasure flooded because of the water coming from the flood tunnels.

If there is another source of water that is not the flood tunnels (ie natural caves linked to the ocean) then it would not have ever been possible to dig a 100 to 200+ ft pit as it would of flooded and stopped/killed the diggers.

Dan believed 10X also flooded when he intersected the flood tunnels. This was also treasure searchers view of why the Cave In Pit was flooded.

As the pictures below now show that the beach/Smith Cove has been completely cut of from the ocean it MUST NOW BE POSSIBLE to drain the Cave in pit, 10x and the various holes that the Laginas are digging. As the flood tunnels on the beach have no access to water and therefore cannot be filling up these holes any longer.

The FACT that the water is still coming into all the holes that have been dug PROVES it does not come from Smith Cove flood tunnels (Unless it has not occurred to anyone making the TV show to try to drain anything like the cave in pit)....

Therefore the Laginas have proved the flood tunnels from Smith Cove is a myth...

Well done Laginas you have solved beyond any doubt one more of the myths of Oak Island...

Some pictures...

The cove back before it was destroyed

6698185.jpg

In the 1930's

sc1930s.jpg

What Dan did when he found the U shaped structure

scaerial-1024x747.jpg

The Cave in Pit which should be easy to drain now the flood tunnels have been blocked

Cave-In%20Pit-copyright.jpg

What the Laginas have uncovered

the-curse-of-oak-island-season-6-still-5.jpg

The coffer dam which should stop any flood tunnels..

smCD.jpg

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Great bit of research and comment on the Timber from the U shaped structure (based on samples before the Laginas latest uncovering) for those interested .

https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/the-u-shaped-structure-at-smiths-cove-oak-island

It suggests the most likely source of it is from previous searchers.

Many people have speculated that the U-shaped structure was built to serve as the inner water-tight barrier, that would have been buried inside an earthen cofferdam, to make it more permanent and more water-tight. We know that there were cofferdams built by Searchers in 1850 and again in 1866, in about the same location as the U-shaped structure; and quite possibly the U-shaped structure is partial remains of one of those searcher’s cofferdams.

But he does have some problems with that explanation also..

Looking forward to the complete answer on Smiths Cove...

edit: https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/blockhouse-blog/u-shaped-structure-dendrochronology-update (A later update on the timber from the U shaped structure - It concludes the Timber is Red Spruce)

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is something that I wondered....It's an island. I don't understand how anyone could dig 100 or 200 feet with out water. Take the idea of flood tunnels away, wouldn't the water table be as high as what surrounds the island? Today, we have equipment that may help in a task like this, but back whenever they think it was dug, how would anyone have gone 100 to 200 feet down on a small Island with out water seeping or flowing into the hole?

I don't really know enough about anything to really understand. I just know anytime I've dug beside a creek that water seeped in from somewhere. Even in clay it manages to have little seep holes that start bleeding in. I can't imagine a task like this being pulled off on a small Island with no real equipment.

Bud Aurum

Jan 6, 2017
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you can "Find Peace in Knowing", it would have been near impossible to "PLANT" this weeks find.
THE FENCE, but does bring some interesting questions.

Your Bud Aurum

rabidus

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disclaimer: I am not a believer in the man made flood tunnels. However, there is a possible explanation for the water continuing in the shafts even with the coffer dam at Smiths cove.

The legend of OI is in a large part based on the belief that Smiths Cove and the man made beach we built to hide a flood tunnel system to protect the treasure. This assumes that all the water found in the various attempts dig the pit and recover the treasure flooded because of the water coming from the flood tunnels.

If there is another source of water that is not the flood tunnels (ie natural caves linked to the ocean) then it would not have ever been possible to dig a 100 to 200+ ft pit as it would of flooded and stopped/killed the diggers.

Dan believed 10X also flooded when he intersected the flood tunnels. This was also treasure searchers view of why the Cave In Pit was flooded.

As the pictures below now show that the beach/Smith Cove has been completely cut of from the ocean it MUST NOW BE POSSIBLE to drain the Cave in pit, 10x and the various holes that the Laginas are digging. As the flood tunnels on the beach have no access to water and therefore cannot be filling up these holes any longer.

The FACT that the water is still coming into all the holes that have been dug PROVES it does not come from Smith Cove flood tunnels (Unless it has not occurred to anyone making the TV show to try to drain anything like the cave in pit)....

In 1979 and again in 1987, it was very cold in NS and Mahone Bay froze. Both times this happened, 4 holes appeared in the ice along the south shore of the island. Dan was pumping 10-X at the time. When they stopped pumping, the holes froze back over. In 1996, the Bedford Institute based in Dartmouth was hired by Triton to conduct a "multibeam bathymetry study" of the waters surrounding Oak Island. They concluded that "while most of the features this study had found were of natural origin, a significant number were believed to be anthropogenic". In particular "two parallel linear slight depressions" found off the island's southeast shore. There is a video from a subsequent research vessel in 1997. A clip of the video has one of the researchers saying "If I look at the image, there are some features on there that look unusual: the circular depression, the circular mounds, the long linear feature extending to the east off the island....It looks like it may be man-made...as if maybe someone constructed a rock wall or dug an excavation of some sort." - Source: Randal Sullivan's Book

These findings were in the same area that Dan saw the four holes in the ice in 1979 and 1987. Pic below.

More information on the ice holes can be found at https://www.oakislandcompendium.ca/...n-oak-islands-south-shore-hint-at-flood-traps

iceholes.PNG

Therefore the Laginas have proved the flood tunnels from Smith Cove is a myth...

Well done Laginas you have solved beyond any doubt one more of the myths of Oak Island...

It is very possible, likely even that there are no drains at Smiths cove. However, it has been accepted (at least by Dan) for some time that there are two sets of tunnels to the ocean. Thus, the pits would still fill with water with the coffer dam. So as much as I personally don't believe in the flood tunnels, you can't really "put an X" across them.

rabidus

Dec 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is something that I wondered....It's an island. I don't understand how anyone could dig 100 or 200 feet with out water. Take the idea of flood tunnels away, wouldn't the water table be as high as what surrounds the island? Today, we have equipment that may help in a task like this, but back whenever they think it was dug, how would anyone have gone 100 to 200 feet down on a small Island with out water seeping or flowing into the hole?

I don't really know enough about anything to really understand. I just know anytime I've dug beside a creek that water seeped in from somewhere. Even in clay it manages to have little seep holes that start bleeding in. I can't imagine a task like this being pulled off on a small Island with no real equipment.

I also don't know anything about geology or water tables so just passing this along. I've read that if it was the water table they were hitting, the water would be fresh. Instead, they get a layer of ocean water and a layer of fresh water which somehow indicates that ocean water is flowing in to the shafts around 800 gallons per minute indicating tunnels (natural or man-made).

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I don't believe in the tunnels either as the probability that someone would engineer such a structure to hide their treasure would be remote. However, there could of been something that kind of looked man made and they thought it was but it wasn't.

The only other explanation can be, that if the flood tunnels were really man made, it was engineered by someone hiding something that shouldn't be in man's possession.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Could it Be?

Your Bud Aurum

In order for it to be the Ark, then the Templar information would have to be true. I don't feel there is enough evidence to support the Templar theory as of yet.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
In order for it to be the Ark, then the Templar information would have to be true. I don't feel there is enough evidence to support the Templar theory as of yet.

Not necessarily:

The Freemason Theory could support the Ark of the Covenant along with the Knights Templar coming to America!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting the cart a little be ahead of the horse here.

First lets find the Ark, or whatever. Then we'll examine the evidence to see who might have brought it.

Right now the Martian Unicorn theory of Ark transport holds up just as well. Because so far there is equivalent evidence.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1671077

It is very possible, likely even that there are no drains at Smiths cove. However, it has been accepted (at least by Dan) for some time that there are two sets of tunnels to the ocean. Thus, the pits would still fill with water with the coffer dam. So as much as I personally don't believe in the flood tunnels, you can't really "put an X" across them.
I have seen that photo before. It is definitely possible that the underwater tunnels on the island entrances are there (You would of thought they would of made more an effort to check) but I cannot see how those could of been man made. Those entrances are never out of the water. It would not of been possible to build them and not get drowned...

The point really is that there are not flood tunnels on Smiths Cove flooding the pit. So this was not the reason for the artificial beach and ancient coffer dam.. With out the beach and flood tunnels the rest of the legend is pretty shaky. If the water is natural then it would of never been possible to dig a 200 foot pit...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the mystery about water filling holes dug below sea level on a small island?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think some people are getting confused on the fact of the water table being x depth in their thinking that if the island is 50 feet above sea level that if you dig 50 feet down you'll hit water. Not necessarily true. It's an island not a floating structure. Part of New Orleans is built on ground below sea level..

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
I have seen that photo before. It is definitely possible that the underwater tunnels on the island entrances are there (You would of thought they would of made more an effort to check) but I cannot see how those could of been man made. Those entrances are never out of the water. It would not of been possible to build them and not get drowned...

The point really is that there are not flood tunnels on Smiths Cove flooding the pit. So this was not the reason for the artificial beach and ancient coffer dam.. With out the beach and flood tunnels the rest of the legend is pretty shaky. If the water is natural then it would of never been possible to dig a 200 foot pit...

That may be true, but you do know it was theorized that there is/were tunnels on BOTH sides of the island. So blocking smiths cove would do nothing to the water level in any of the pits.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread