A Possible Meaning for the La Formule Cipher

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Stones don't spend near as well as silver or gold. Can you show any value to these markings or cyphers?

Knowledge is only so valuable as it's ability to yield results. Pedant information does not feed mouths or minds.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
attachment.php

Ever seen this stone a part of the great mystery there on the island?
The one with the same marks as found on the H + O stone?
Are you trying to out nonsense another poster with unproven fabricated fantasy false information posted as fact?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stones don't spend near as well as silver or gold. Can you show any value to these markings or cyphers?

Knowledge is only so valuable as it's ability to yield results. Pedant information does not feed mouths or minds.

Have no idea what you are asking for.....

Are you asking me to give you the gold.....lol

Why not just admit you are running around a topic online and telling me what I am doing is not "correct" in your book

You are one amazing human let me tell you....

Since you have the fever.....tell me what you see here.....and I'll tell you what is really there

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0702151900.jpg
    0702151900.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 187

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A picture of a rock. Is it yours? Did you sell it? Did it provide any added income for you?

I'm asking for proof of marketable value. Income. Added wealth. Capital gains. Gain on investment. Moolah.

Pretty basic concept really. Even the bureaucrats at the IRS understand it.

Case in point - my Dad had two boxes of baseball (and hockey) cards from the 1950's and I found them in the attic after he passed away in 1995.

They became this:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Tangable. Physically extant. Marketable. Identifyable. You can look up the C.G. documentation on the sailboat and see me listed as the owner. It happened. In the real world.

Attachments

• E2692FD3-4EB7-46A1-BAB2-38D582CA84A3.jpeg
    E2692FD3-4EB7-46A1-BAB2-38D582CA84A3.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DB82F311-F9BE-43B9-844F-90C11BA1705A_1_105_c.jpeg
    DB82F311-F9BE-43B9-844F-90C11BA1705A_1_105_c.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

petetherocker

Jan 20, 2015
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's also some question about what it might be revealing. The following seems to be a fair translation of the text as widely presented:

Halt, don't be timid. Dig at 40 feet with the angle 45 degrees. The shaft at 522 feet at your entry. The corridor at 1065 feet reaches the chamber.

La Formule. Halte. Ne terrer pas. Creuser a quarante pied avec a angle de quarante cinq degre. La hampe a cinq cent deus pied a vous entre.

522 feet is Cinque Cent et vingt (twenty) deux

cinq cent deus is 502 feet

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell back in 1398 the unit of measurement never was a US Foot. The Knights Templar used megaliths.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After the Dark Ages William the Conqueror (c.1066) re-introduced Roman length measurements to England, and Friesland/Normandy was already using them.

The Pes (length of a foot) was 11.65" current inches. The Uncia (1/12 of a Pes) was 0.97"

The Danish Fod was 12.36 current inches.

France - after Charlemagne - was using the Pied du roi (King's foot) which was about 12.79 current inches. Known in England as the "Paris Foot".

The Dutch used a Voet which was about 11.63"

Haven't come across a "Large Stone" (Megalith) as a unit of measure prior to the 1950's when Alexander Thorn speculated it may have been used. There is no historical evidence or mention of such in the preserved record - though that was because he proposed it was used before written history. Another pseudo-science jump.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the Dark Ages William the Conqueror (c.1066) re-introduced Roman length measurements to England, and Friesland/Normandy was already using them.

The Pes (length of a foot) was 11.65" current inches. The Uncia (1/12 of a Pes) was 0.97"

The Danish Fod was 12.36 current inches.

France - after Charlemagne - was using the Pied du roi (King's foot) which was about 12.79 current inches. Known in England as the "Paris Foot".

The Dutch used a Voet which was about 11.63"

Haven't come across a "Large Stone" (Megalith) as a unit of measure prior to the 1950's when Alexander Thorn speculated it may have been used. There is no historical evidence or mention of such in the preserved record - though that was because he proposed it was used before written history. Another pseudo-science jump.

Well even the Founding Fathers used megaliths. one megalith was about 2.7 feet

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As extrapolated by one man in 1955. There was no mention or evidence of its use prior. He thought, based on his surveys, that it "might" be a common unit. No evidence that it was.

Can you show the mention of it in any document created prior to 1950?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread