BOYCOTT CURSE OF OAK ISLAND?

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other
Some workers at Prometheus, the company that produces Curse Of Oak Island, claim they're being fired if they refuse to go to work fearing CoVid-19:

Prometheus Media, the Hollywood-based production company behind The UnXplained, Ancient Aliens and The Curse of Oak Island on the History channel, and Levity Live, the production arm of the Culver City-based exhibition and management company, both have workers coming into their offices as of Friday. Several former and current individuals, freelancers and staff alike, working at these companies confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that they were told to report to work on Friday or that they would be out of a job.

As much as I like the show... it's NOT critical that the "show must go on". The rest of the season can be delayed. No one should be fired because they put their health or that of their family first.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ep-la-offices-open-stay-at-home-order-1285677

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If true, this seems short-sighted on the part of Prometheus. No one would notice or care if the season finale 'catch of the week' of wood airs on May 15 or May 31. And 2 more weeks of recaps would not be more painful that what we already have. There's even a lull until season 8 picks back up this November.

ugly_plugs

Jan 30, 2020
PA - Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540
Nokta Makro Simplex
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I boycotted by not having watched the last few seasons...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If true, this seems short-sighted on the part of Prometheus. No one would notice or care if the season finale 'catch of the week' of wood airs on May 15 or May 31. And 2 more weeks of recaps would not be more painful that what we already have. There's even a lull until season 8 picks back up this November.

There is to be no Season 8.

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
I doubt it would make any difference for COOI as remember, it's all footage from the middle of 2019. It was all packaged up for broadcast well before now.

It's interesting to read on other forums how some viewers still think it's real time and talk about them finding the treasure 'next week' or saying they hope the CoVid 19 virus doesn't stop them searching on the island.

Last edited:

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess i'm boycotting it because I told Dish Network to stick it last week.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But what if the last 'can dig' finds the edge of the Chappel vault again?

smiley-loud-laughs-tears-260nw-1049421278.jpg

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some workers at Prometheus, the company that produces Curse Of Oak Island, claim they're being fired if they refuse to go to work fearing CoVid-19:

Prometheus Media, the Hollywood-based production company behind The UnXplained, Ancient Aliens and The Curse of Oak Island on the History channel, and Levity Live, the production arm of the Culver City-based exhibition and management company, both have workers coming into their offices as of Friday. Several former and current individuals, freelancers and staff alike, working at these companies confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that they were told to report to work on Friday or that they would be out of a job.

As much as I like the show... it's NOT critical that the "show must go on". The rest of the season can be delayed. No one should be fired because they put their health or that of their family first.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...ep-la-offices-open-stay-at-home-order-1285677
It is an extremely difficult time for everyone... As an employer I need staff to show up and work or I will have no money to pay them. This will also not be very good for their families.

There are no simple answers here. I am an economist and a businessman I read an article in Washington Post yesterday that was quoting that the US economy may contract by 30% this year. That is 'Great Depression' type contractions. We are about to experince an apocalyptic economic event. I struggle to even find a suitable word to describe the size of the economic disaster that is coming to all of us around the globe no matter what governments do.

I just wish everyone stays as safe as they can and be very careful with your money. A wave of unemployment not seen in our lifetimes is about to sweep the planet.

I am not trying to spread panic I am just giving my view based on my understanding of the economic effects.

I would be very careful of criticizing how different individuals and businesses try to cope with this catastrophe.

Stay safe my friends...

OP
OP
Z

Zom

Dec 8, 2019
USA
Detector(s) used
1975 White Discriminator. Sorry, my metal detector days are over.
Primary Interest:
Other

I got some of this info wrong but is it not possible to edit old posts?

Aeds151

Jan 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COOI is my primary source of entertainment though.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Can't fire them? None of them can cross the border to go to work.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember they have a "Special Permit" to be there as long as their mining and mineral exploits are going on in the rest of Nova Scotia

Heritage Canada gave them the only "Treasure Hunting" permit there is in all of Canada and you know that their partnership is REAL tight when their company gets the name Heritage Wind and Gas

It's all a blatant distraction so the Canadians can whitewash their sales of Oil and Mineral Rights to the Lagina in charge

And there are other things that are going on as well with the "War Room"

La Formule Enema OVEN.png

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe if they all just showed in masks.....protection you know

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is to be no Season 8.

So you're saying that when the CURRENT Season 7 ends there will NEVER be another season? I have heard nothing of a "Series Finale".

Even if they don't film this spring and summer for next year, whatever year they have the next season will be "Season 8".

Fossils

Oct 25, 2019
MA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already quit a couple of seasons ago. It's clear to me that they've already solved the mystery: there's simply no treasure left on Oak Island. No need for me to keep watching the same recycled stock clips, rehashed, tired out theories, and "discoveries" of old wood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread