SEASON 8 - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1238Likes

Thread: SEASON 8

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dave

Oct 2018
    Coffeyville, KS
    Minelab XTerra 705 Fisher F44
    571 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    There are no facts out there to be able to say there is, was, or never was a treasure of any sort in the Money Pit...There are the family decedents of one of the original 3 that "claim" their family member did find a few little treasure boxes with the other 2 guys. Other then that we have never heard of anyone finding anything so if anything were to be called a fact it would be that there was treasure found in the MP. Just because you have never seen anyone or read about anyone finding treasure there in your lifetime does not make it a fact it has never happened or won't happen in the future. Might be highly unlikely but not impossible...
    Using your logic, I can categorically state that no treasure will EVER be found on Oak Island in the future...because I found it all and dug it up 15 years ago...

Since you state that "proof of existence" is not necessary for anything to exist, all you have to do is prove that I DIDN'T recover it; I do NOT need to prove that I DID.
    "A pipe gives a wise man time to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - e. e. cummings

Nov 2015
    2000 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveVanP View Post
    because I found it all and dug it up 15 years ago....
    THIEF!!!!!

Quick someone call 911...

I think you were photographed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-man-carrying-a-huge-pot-of-gold-BPYBJT.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	1878684
    Last edited by gazzahk; Nov 10, 2020 at 05:44 PM.
    alan m, DaveVanP, KANACKI and 1 others like this.
    Live the moment...

us
    Jul 2011
    Gold canyon AZ
    3312 times
    Cache Hunting
    Using your logic, I can categorically state that no treasure will EVER be found on Oak Island in the future...because I found it all and dug it up 15 years ago...

Since you state that "proof of existence" is not necessary for anything to exist, all you have to do is prove that I DIDN'T recover it; I do NOT need to prove that I DID.
    Hilarious
    KANACKI likes this.
    When you canít find what your looking for, your looking in the wrong place. Time for another drink

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    463 times
    but it's possible.. Singlestack and no one can say for a fact that it is going to happen or that it is not.
    Last edited by n2mini; Nov 10, 2020 at 07:32 PM.

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    463 times

you see you have me all wrong. I don't care if anyone has or has not found the treasure. What bugs me is people making claims of this, or that or the other as being FACT when it is not. Maybe you did find it. Singlestack and others will need prove of course and I would too if you want to claim it as a FACT.. The decendents claims their family member did find treasure and showed a piece as proof. That is the closest thing we have to go on as proof of FACT.. You and others may not believe them but that does not make it a FACT that it is not true.. I'm not sure I believe them myself but I don't claim it as FACT to not be true and that NO TREASURE HAS EVER BEEN FOUND. Because it is possible that it has...

Feb 2017
    303 times
    SPOILER ALERT

The first episode of Season 8 is worth watching! Minimal review, and be sure to catch the introductory Drilling Down episode. Sounds like they discover some manmade objects in the swamp that are more interesting than a bunch of rocks. They investigate the shiny gold object in hole C1. And uncover the workings of the Pine Tar pitch pit.

They discover a square-holed washer from the bed of a chevy truck: https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail...e_Hole_12.html

One of the ideas for the super big dig is to honeycomb a 180 foot wide area with dig holes. I can see the end result now: "We calculate the actual treasure lies in the 1 square foot undisturbed soil between cans #39 and #46.
    Last edited by MikeN; Nov 10, 2020 at 10:43 PM.
    Singlestack Wonder likes this.

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1914 times
    Episode followed same format.....fill in time with meaningless discussion, talk about more new theories, have a diver find something yet drop it and they can’t pursue it because their time just came up short (item was planted), preview yet another oak island offshoot (oak island beyond with gawry looking for butch Cassidy’s Bobby dazzlers), lay out points for yet new holes (albeit the entire area has been dug to deep depths over the last 200 years), and finally the narrator laying out the same case he always does stating his typical “could this be” fiction. And yes, back to “the swamp”.....

With the 2 hour format it took 4 minutes to fast forward thru......a wasted 4 minutes as there was nothing new (except for the new beyond oak island fictional series advertisement)...
    Last edited by Singlestack Wonder; Nov 11, 2020 at 04:12 PM.
    MikeN and KANACKI like this.

us
    The Watcher-er

Jan 2008
    52 times

Gary is now using LRL's what the ****? a OKM EXP 6000?

us
    Jul 2004
    California
    161 times
    What the heck!!! I swore I would not watch this season, but there was nothing else on, I swear. Ok,..after seeing tonight's episode.....YEP,..I am now hooked-in to this season. On a side note,..it looks like Billy the backhoe man, lost some weight. Good for him.
    MikeN likes this.

us
    Dec 2016
    The South
    Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
    146 times
    I enjoy the show. I love watching it. Although, the diver that dropped the gold coin object was kinda infuriating. Would have loved to see what that was. Looked like a coin the way it flipped down through the water. I would like to know what they would have done differently at C1 had the diver came up with an old gold coin...

us
    Dec 2006
    Very Northern Left Coast
    XLT & Bigfoot
    2150 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OcdChaos View Post
    Although, the diver that dropped the gold coin object was kinda infuriating.
    what was he doing? holding in his hand on the way up? all treasure divers should have a net bag. Did the director tell him to "forget" the bag?
    gazzahk and ginfest like this.
    When I did yard sales I was dollardan. No yard sales where I am now.

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1914 times
    “Gold coin object” equals stage prop for effect.....if they thought it was an actual gold coin they would have sent another diver down immediately......
    gazzahk, sandmartin and KANACKI like this.

Jan 2015
    Triad NC
    463 times
    regardless of gold coin or not why would you bring that whole crew out there spend half a day setting up to make one 20 minute dive. They should have been rotating divers out and make a few dives each if possible.. I can only imagine what that one dive cost...

Feb 2017
    303 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    “Gold coin object” equals stage prop for effect.....if they thought it was an actual gold coin they would have sent another diver down immediately......
    If the safety protocol says that they weren't equipped to dive at that depth, there's nothing that could have been done. It is rather hard to believe that it wasn't staged though: what diver is so fumble fingered? And assuming that it went to the bottom in the mud, a small clamshell should have been able to retrieve the mud and any 'shiny gold object' contained there.

us
    Mar 2014
    Garrett AT Pro
    1914 times
    Quote Originally Posted by n2mini View Post
    regardless of gold coin or not why would you bring that whole crew out there spend half a day setting up to make one 20 minute dive. They should have been rotating divers out and make a few dives each if possible.. I can only imagine what that one dive cost...
    More proof that the show is scripted fiction....
    ECS, alan m and KANACKI like this.

Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links