All Treasure Hunting

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Gold coin object” equals stage prop for effect.....if they thought it was an actual gold coin they would have sent another diver down immediately......

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
regardless of gold coin or not why would you bring that whole crew out there spend half a day setting up to make one 20 minute dive. They should have been rotating divers out and make a few dives each if possible.. I can only imagine what that one dive cost...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Gold coin object” equals stage prop for effect.....if they thought it was an actual gold coin they would have sent another diver down immediately......

If the safety protocol says that they weren't equipped to dive at that depth, there's nothing that could have been done. It is rather hard to believe that it wasn't staged though: what diver is so fumble fingered? And assuming that it went to the bottom in the mud, a small clamshell should have been able to retrieve the mud and any 'shiny gold object' contained there.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
regardless of gold coin or not why would you bring that whole crew out there spend half a day setting up to make one 20 minute dive. They should have been rotating divers out and make a few dives each if possible.. I can only imagine what that one dive cost...

More proof that the show is scripted fiction....

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the safety protocol says that they weren't equipped to dive at that depth, there's nothing that could have been done. It is rather hard to believe that it wasn't staged though: what diver is so fumble fingered? And assuming that it went to the bottom in the mud, a small clamshell should have been able to retrieve the mud and any 'shiny gold object' contained there.

I believe they said that the diver's time was close to being up vs. too deep... (they stated the floor was just another 20 feet down)...

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe they said that the diver's time was close to being up vs. too deep... (they stated the floor was just another 20 feet down)...

The announcer said that the coin dropped 20 feet further down the shaft - deeper than the divers are permitted to go. Possibly not literally, but something related to the current dive setup. It is odd to bring in a dive team that isn't equipped to go further down if necessary.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would they pay to send another diver down just to retrieve a car wash token?

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
reading this thread is like watching the show
brad

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you naysayers will be eating humble pie at the end of the eight season........

tenor.gif

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Tuesday's Night Viewers Give Naysayers...A Nightmare!

The-Curse-of-Oak-Island-Season-8.png

This is one "Election that can't be Stolen"!

History's
The Curse of Oak Island was the top entertainment show in both viewers (2.85 million) and adults 18-49 (0.5).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-ratings-tuesday-nov-10-2020

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as with all of the fictional scripted “Real Housewives of (fill in location)” shows, folks will always watch but those body parts are as fake as the money pit hoax....

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A preview of next week's show aired last night. It's notable that there was no tantalizing tip of what will come, so I expect a plodding, review-laden show.

It is interesting that no one has ripped on Gary this season for lousy detection skills "My grandmother could find more stuff than Gary on his new rig using her knitting needles as witching sticks." Does that mean that the new detection rig is fairly decent?

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably will go something like revisit swamp, yet another cock eyed fiction theory from a new player or a rehash of a previous one with the next show having the brothers travel to some far off place to investigate while someone finds a piece of wood in a hole on the island......oh wait....that’s been the last 7 seasons.....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I expect a plodding, review-laden show.
I have not watched the first show. So just know what I have read here.. The idea that they 'found' a gold coin and then 'dropped' it and are unable to recover it... Just seems so staged. If there was treasure there then it better be more than a single coin. Someone dug a 200 foot pit to hide a single coin seems like the worst theory put forward to date. Much more likely to be something dropped by previous searchers. Why not just drop down a big vacuum cleaner pipe and suck it up.

I guess it will now just turn into more episodes of them doing very little and finding nothing of significance in-line with the previous 113 episodes.

So much has changed in the world since we were chatting about the show last season. I hope all my friends out there are OK and safe. I live in Hong Kong and are so sick of just being stuck here. We have no lockdown but cannot travel anywhere without 2 weeks quarantine when we go and when we get back.

OcdChaos

Dec 29, 2016
The South
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed that IMBD has Alex Lagina listed as “Producer” of Curse of Oak Island, and Curse of Civil War Gold. So I guess he’s not just a son of one of the brothers, but a Producer of the show as well...

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a few of the "Team Members" have titles like that either on every show or they bounce it around as I assume to be able to pay them more money than just what an actor gets per episode. It is done alot on every type of tv show if you look at the credits at the ends of them...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions