Absurd Oak Island Math - Is the Entire Show a Hoax?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Oct 16, 2021
Detector(s) used
Fisher F19
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We try as best we can. Exposing deception is hard work.

Brandolini's Law, also known as the BS asymmetry principle, ie., 'The amount of energy needed to refute BS is an order of magnitude bigger than that needed to produce it.'

Unfortunately, most people don't really want the truth. They just want constant reassurance that what they Believe is the truth. A fact that fuels this forum and countless others like it.

It's a thankless task, but kudos for your efforts, Sir. 👍

BlackKnight

Feb 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Had no expectations when I started watching the show and wanted to believe too, yet can't help but find this stuff to be an insult to intelligence.

Clearly people looking for Oak Island treasure always find what it is there to be found: nothing. They find it every time they try and everywhere they look. And that is beautiful. 100% success. Always. Guaranteed. For years to come.

Obviously now, Oak Island money is indeed in the show, the sponsors and the books, even those about the craziest, silliest theories around. Anything that adds to the Disney-level story is "fair".
The show is still a marketing masterclass on how to create buzz with minimal content and results.

Funnily enough, the only one finding anything of value here is the dude with a low-depth metal detector. ;D

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Had no expectations when I started watching the show and wanted to believe too, yet can't help but find this stuff to be an insult to intelligence.

Clearly people looking for Oak Island treasure always find what it is there to be found: nothing. They find it every time they try and everywhere they look. And that is beautiful. 100% success. Always. Guaranteed. For years to come.

Obviously now, Oak Island money is indeed in the show, the sponsors and the books, even those about the craziest, silliest theories around. Anything that adds to the Disney-level story is "fair".
The show is still a marketing masterclass on how to create buzz with minimal content and results.

Funnily enough, the only one finding anything of value here is the dude with a low-depth metal detector. ;D
I agree. I always wondered who would actually find something credible first: Oak Island or MonsterQuest. MQ has been really close to finding monsters on a lot of episodes. Too bad they come up short. 🤪

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I agree. I always wondered who would actually find something credible first: Oak Island or MonsterQuest. MQ has been really close to finding monsters on a lot of episodes. Too bad they come up short. 🤪
i wish, i wish, but im glad for the dvr. man. it just goes on -again.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the Oak Island show has a crossover with Hunting For Bigfoot so they can look for Big Foot on Oak Island and blame him for taking the treasure and hiding it with the help of the Jersey Devil, Moth Man, and a Chupacabra.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the Oak Island show has a crossover with Hunting For Bigfoot so they can look for Big Foot on Oak Island and blame him for taking the treasure and hiding it with the help of the Jersey Devil, Moth Man, and a Chupacabra.
I’m with ya on this. The truth is out there.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that Jimmy Hoffa took the Oak Island Treasure and gave half of it to Elvis and they both ran and hid the money at the bottom of Loch Ness where they are both living today.

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
actual new material of each show is maybe 10 minutes. i found something rusty... gary cant find his arse with both hands

ben ohio

Greenie
Oct 27, 2007
Remember back when you read the readers digest article about oak island if you are 74 you read it at age 12 or 13 thats a memory worth its weight in gold no different than the dream you have the night before going to a new site to detect remember all the gold coins in the dream its not real but it felt good . I Watch oak island every week I know its BS but we all like to dream .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread