Brand New in Delaware Looking for post of free Ohio historic maps

Daveaohio

Greenie
Apr 21, 2009
Brand New in Delaware Looking for post of free Ohio historic maps

Hi
Just joined a few minutes ago. Live in Delaware near Alum CreekSP. I was at this site last night and found a post that listed free historc topo maps of several US states including Ohio. I thought I had saved the link but didn't :( now I can't find it. It was a really good link as it showed the locations of buildings, schools, residences etc from I think 1915 & 1945 and was great for locating old foundation locations and places to hunt.

So I joined in hopes that it would make it easier to find it. Can anyone help me out with this?

If any of the fellow Delaware or Central Ohio MDers would like to get together please drop me a line. I have never hunted inland only along the beach and was planning on using the maps to find some locations but alas it eludes me. I spend a lot of time hunting points and also like to look for old bottles

As I said I'm new so I hope I'm doing my post correctly. Look forward to meeting some of you and getting together soon.
Dave

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Brand New in Delaware Looking for post of free Ohio historic maps

hi i found 2 new spots using these maps, im in ne ohio, one is in my backyard
no house or anything, has been where park is, been a park since the 50s
i did the tot lot and 2 old ball diamonds, now ill have to do a sq ft by sq ft search
as soon as back gets better
sanborn
welcome
http://sanborn.umi.com/cgi-bin/auth.cgi?command=ShowLogin

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5

Hi Dave, welcome to Treasurenet. I've got a two disc set of old Ohio topos I bought on Ebay and I use the free Sanborn maps on the OPLIN website. If you like bottles you should try a privy dig. There are some sodas I've been wanting to dig from Delaware. If you want to try privy digging, get a permission or two in town at a pre-1900 home and I'd be happy to come out and help.
Thanks, Steve
www.daytondigger.com

ROCKITV8

Greenie
Jun 3, 2008

How do you register for the Sanborn website?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread