New DFX

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Just picked up a DFX last night and hope to get out this weekend in an attempt to recover some of the costs. ;D

I am a lifelong resident of Pickaway County and look forward to hunting the abundance of farmland, old school houses, old churches, etc. around me. My uncle visited me over and brought his detector along and let me try it out. I only found junk, but the detector was older and I really didn't know what I was doing.

-Wardster

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
W,

welcome to the board.

Hope you and that DFX pull up a bunch. ;D

Read the manual, read the manual, and
read the manual.

Hope we will be seeing your finds soon.

have a good un.............

P

pickaway

Hey I'm a lifer of Pickaway county Ohio also welcome aboard.
I havent hunted a whole lot in the county but your right there are alot of places.
I end up most of the times in streams and fields looking for indian artifacts.
One place you might try is the old Ohio canal on Canal Rd.Good luck and post your finds.Go Bucks!

OP
OP
W

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I shared my purchase with one of my wife's cousins and he told me that his sister in-law lost a diamond ring about 15 years ago in his yard that has never been found. If I only work a half day today I am going to let that ring be my DFX's maiden voyage. I am already excited about the possibility of finding that ring in time for Christmas.

The other bonus is that he has alot of farmland in Pickaway County and a cabin in Hocking County I could hunt.

-Wardster

P

pickaway

Sounds like a great start.I found a silver ring out to hargus lake the only ring ive found,Ive probably pulled$30 in clad from there also,plenty left laying there im sure.
good luck on the ring the weather is great for this time of year.

wolfmanjoe3

Dec 28, 2006
Utah
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Wardster - good luck with the DFX in OH. I just ordered mine yesterday direclty from White's and cannot wait for it to arrive. I grew up in Mercer, County OH and I'm looking forward to hunting my old family farm and some of the deserted farmhouses and schoolhouses in the area.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread