Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.forgottenoh.com/page1.html

Ohio has a long and varied history. Within the 88 counties of the state you'll find some of the densest woods in the country, plenty of industrial wreckage (hey, just look at Cleveland), lots of abandoned houses, and about a million cool, deserted, rarely visited places. Even ghost towns--the boom-and-bust mining industry in Ohio has given it a past on a par with the Rocky Mountain states.

http://www.forgottenoh.com/abandoned.html

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good site. I've visited many times in the past.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a kid we used to go to Chippewa Lake ALL the time. It was ALWAYS a great place for the 4th of July. It's a shame to see it now. It also makes me feel old.

PLL

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I went to Moonville yesterday on the Harley (no detector) with a couple of friends. I just found out yesterday that one of our family friends owns what was the town of San Toy, so I am going to see if he will let me use the detector there.

-Wardster

joecoin

Aug 22, 2007
milan ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov, Garrett Antique
Are you saying someone owns the whole ghost town of San Toy? I'm ready!

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
joecoin said:
Are you saying someone owns the whole ghost town of San Toy? I'm ready!

Yes. The guy that owns it has a logging business (he actually owns a lot of property in the area) and I guess he bought the land some time ago for the lumber. I had no idea until my in-laws said something about it over the weekend. I am pretty sure he will let me hunt the property, but I stll have to ask.....

-Wardster

Wardster

Dec 21, 2006
Kingston, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Got permission to hunt San Toy this morning. The owner said that he acquired the land some time ago from a church who owned it. He went on to say that he was pretty sure that most of it had been picked over, but that I was more than welcome to try my luck. I told him about my visit to Moonville on the Harley and he said that he owned that land too. He did say that he recently sold the railroad bed to the county for recreational purposes though.

In all, I think I pretty much took care of finding enough acreage to hunt for many years to come.

-Wardster

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting