Kelleys Island

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Kelleys Island is located in the western basin of Lake Erie about four miles north of Marblehead and twelve miles from Sandusky on the Ohio mainland. The entire island measures more than four square miles and is the largest fresh water American island in Lake Erie.

Attachments

• kelly.jpg
    kelly.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 509
  • kelly2.jpg
    kelly2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 487
  • kelly 3.jpg
    kelly 3.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 508

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're in my ancestory's old neck of the woods. My great grandfather ( as I'm told ) got married in Marblehead and honeymooned in Sandusky ( late 1800's ).

PLL

stringfrenzy

Jun 8, 2006
NW OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus CTX Excalibur II E-Trac White's DFX Garrett Ultra GTAx 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pictures. Looks like it would be a great place to hunt and explore.

ohiotech

Jan 4, 2007
Dayton, Ohio.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark with stock 8" and CSC
I may be headed up that way soon. That said, is there anyone in particular to ask permission regarding detecting? I was given a name and number for South Bass, but can't call them until next week.

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Gypsy Heart,

I went to Kellys Island over the 4th. Well I made it all the way to the point where the girl in booth told me to pay her $60 to take my car on the ferry. I about freaked! I am planning a camping trip up there to hunt the beachs in a week or two when the kids get back from camp and I can get a coupleof days off. Let me know what you find out because I was going to stick to the beaches.

Ian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread