OP
docmann

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Fossis,
I had a chance to review some of your postings/ pics. Very nice. I was reading your story about the skeleton being found and thought you might like to know that the excavation site shown above known as the Heerwald site occurred when they were bringing a new water line in west of Clinton. Evidently the ditching crew dug into two skeletons. As I recall, one actually had a point embedded in it. Nonetheless, the project hit a screeching halt and OU came out to dig. The photo reportedly represents only 5% of the existing archeology that exists under all of that red dirt, but it was all they dug. The water line made a wide detour, and all of us arm chair archys have another place to visit after harvest and good rains. The area still continues to show me new lithics with each good rain, and it remains a nice ace in the hole. Enjoyed looking at your finds.

PS, I made the acquaintance of a gentleman who has collected four skulls from the banks of the South Canadian. As I understand it, these were picked up 30+ years ago north and west of Cheyenne. Of course, nowadays, I think most all of us subscribe closely to The Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act.
docmann

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
docmann, thanks for the comments on my collection & posts.
I had the priviledge to work with the 'late' Gloria Farley for around 17 years, she invited me on a dig with one of the colleges,
but i declined because of longstanding back problems, she was largely responsible for getting the (Runestone State Park) started, she took me to a bluff shelter, & I in turn showed her many sites, once finding a small 'birdpoint' & she made a necklace from it.
I also met Don Wykoff, when he was State Archelogist, & helped map several sites in my area the state didn't know about.
I had access to her library, & helped her look for 'Runestones', we found several natural stones, see OK mystery stones,( on Treasure signs) but nothing that she was looking for, I still have notorized documents of sites I need to check, plus one i just heard about from a new friend in this area.
She gave me a copy of her book (In Plain Sight), & autographed it for me.

Good Hunting, Fossis.............

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Hey guys, I am back again. I have been bouncing around, and now we live in Mountain View and I work in Anadarko. I have seen some interesting isolated bends in the Wash*ta river with sand bars. I am gonna take my daughter point hunting before it gets too hot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread