Any known areas around Ft Reno in Canadian county?

leeezard7

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2012
Piedmont Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i live in rural canadian county near okarche. i live on an acreage that has a old homestead site on it and am going to get a metal detector and search the area. there is an old well here, the home site, and a weird blocked cave looking area. what brand and type of metal detector is best and are there any other areas in canadian county to search? folklore? stories? indian stories? thank you for your time, mike in oklahoma

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from an Oklahoma expatriot in Colorado. I am disgusted with all your state right now as they apparently have no sense of history. Okarche was named for OK (Oklahoma) AR (Araphoe) CHE (Cheyenne). Research the history of old Ft. Reno. Anything on the Cheyenne tribe and also the Buffalo Soldiers. As far as detectors, get what you can afford and learn it. I use White's, but I hear good reports on many other brands. Many stories and folklore about your area, besides the fried onion burgers in El Reno. Rte. 66 passed through there. Look for the old rest areas. The Four Pillars Bar near the Calumet Y, well, that was a bad place and I heard it burned down, but the parkin lot might be cool to detect.

OP
OP
L

leeezard7

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2012
Piedmont Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for the great information. i did not know thats what the name okarche stood for. and i have worked and lived here for the last 20yrs. very cool.

OP
OP
L

leeezard7

Tenderfoot
Jul 9, 2012
Piedmont Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i also have several natural bubbling springs on my property... do those give any indications of minerals present... as clues? i am very new to this. i can do lots of investigation just not knowledgeable yet. thank you, mike in oklahoma

Last edited:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you for the great information. i did not know thats what the name okarche stood for. and i have worked and lived here for the last 20yrs. very cool.

I didn't know that either. I alway thought the OK stood for Oklahoma but could not figure out the arche part. Thanks RGINN.

breed12

Jun 19, 2011
okla city okla
Detector(s) used
mxt pro. Cibola - bandido two
at fort reno in canadian county ,the land outside of fort reno it is owned by other people. ask them if you can metal detect there for the indians and settlers camped outside of fort reno

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread