Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, about a week and nobody responded yet? I was right when I declared this whole forum cancelled. I'm not down there anymore so I can't do much to liven it up. I do know that Oklahoma treasure hunters tend to be a lot more secretive than most, it seems. (I had one of those Coronado's Children in my family, and we still ain't figured out all he was up to, but he died poor. As far as we know.) When I was livin in Oklahoma, I did encounter more people that would laugh at you and belittle you for havin a metal detector or even huntin arrowheads. It seems to have gotten a little more tolerant, but that might have somethin to do with it. I was always optimistic and thought the less people interested in it, the better chance I got.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't go specifically to the OK section, and it's very easy for posts to get buried when looking at the "new posts". There are lots of Okla detectorists, but most don't get online.

OP
OP
S

swok

Tenderfoot
Sep 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most land is either private or treasure hunting is not allowed such as around the Wichita mountains.

i can understand that, but getting land owners permission isnt usually that difficult depending on where you wanna be that is

they say every inch in the united states is owned by someone, I suppose me being in rural oklahoma has its advantages tho as everybody knows me and what I am doing

DeepBeeps58

Dec 26, 2016
Stephens Co., OK
Detector(s) used
Whites CoinMaster
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to the forum, and my new detector is still in lay-away. But if you're like me, from out of the area, the landowners are down-right "rude" when they refuse your request here. More rude when you want to hunt (deer) but still. I don't need the follow up "threat" reply when the request is denied. I been told that they'd have me arrested for trespassing to out right threat of being shot. Jeez...I understand "no". leave it at that. I'm in Stephens County, I've been marking old school houses, and house foundations on Google Earth, hope next month I'll be able to start MD'ing again.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the forum, and my new detector is still in lay-away. But if you're like me, from out of the area, the landowners are down-right "rude" when they refuse your request here. More rude when you want to hunt (deer) but still. I don't need the follow up "threat" reply when the request is denied. I been told that they'd have me arrested for trespassing to out right threat of being shot. Jeez...I understand "no". leave it at that. I'm in Stephens County, I've been marking old school houses, and house foundations on Google Earth, hope next month I'll be able to start MD'ing again.
I understand the difficulty maybe you keep trying and get a YES. We may run into each other someday.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread