Muskogee token help...

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
I was detecting my grandpas place which dates back to the early 1900's (my great grandmothers indian allotment), and found a token, but I am having trouble identifying it. It is not in the greatest shape. Copper, I assume, but some corrosion. It is between a half dollar and a quarter in size, lots of small writing on one side that I can't make out. The other side says...."good for one dollar on your next suit or overcoat"...and I can make out "Muskogee"....and "Clothing". Any ideas on exactly what store this came from and the age? My digital camera broke or I would post a pic. Also came up with a 1 mill tax token yesterday. Anyway...thank you for your input!

P.S.----I realize this would fit better in the coin identification area, but due to the locality and the fact that it is a token, thought I might have better luck here. However, feel free to move it if you disagree moderators....thanks!

OP
OP
willisjj

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
just an update....still no date as of yet, but I do know where the token is from and the rest of the wording......

"Oklahoma's finest clothing store"
"Good Luck"
"Trade with the boys"
"Good for one dollar on your NEXT new suit or overcoat"
"at $15 & up"

It was issued by the "Lafferty-Walker Clothing Co."

-----this thanks to Wally Waits of Muskogee, OK.

Gr8tfl4all

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2013
Salina, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the same token yesterday, Oct. 14th, in Salina, Ok. Were you able to obtain a date of circulation?

cuniagau

Greenie
Nov 26, 2008
Pryor, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Fisher F75 / Fisher CZ 70 Pro
Jermey,

Think about how long ago a suit or overcoat was $15? And another one found at Salina? Must have been a popular store back in the day.

Joe

Gr8tfl4all

Tenderfoot
May 31, 2013
Salina, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The house I detected it at belonged to my wifes Great Grandmother, house built at the turn of the century, also found a New Haven pocket watch made in the late 20's early 30's and a tootsie toy made in the fifties. Still detecting, hoping for some old silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread