Muskogee area

GhostRidr

Greenie
May 12, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II, Vaquero
Lots of fantastic old homes in Muskogee. If you can get permission, the areas off Boston would be good to search. Those were rich folks homes when built, and there should be some good stuff. I personally know of a guy that found an 1818 Spanish coin in Muskogee as well.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had the time, I'd make it to the site of the St. Joseph Military Acadamy. It was about a mile East of the train depot. Just North was a football field. Just to the West of the main builsing was a 80 acre parade field. I attended school there 53/54

kid iowa

Aug 7, 2005
dobe said:
Been in Muskogee about 9 years, just getting into metal detecting. Can anyone give me info on MD'ing in my area? Thank you for your help.-Donna

I'm in Fort Gibson, I've done some private property here, but nothing in Muskogee yet.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i would like to go back to bartlesville oklahoma and md the property around frank phillips house and the area on the hill side where him and his wife are buried .

JERRY1

Dec 9, 2008
HI IOWA KID BEEN IN FORT GIBSON FOR 14 YEARS DONT GET TO HUNT AROUND TOWN MUCH BECOUSE OF WORK I READ AN OLD HISTORY DOC THAT SAID THAT THE DRAGUNS WERE NOT ALOUD TO STAY AT THE FORT AND THEY HAD THERE OWN CAMP 1/2 SOUTH OF THE FORT BY RIVER THAT WOULD PUT IT DOWN AROUND THE BACK SIDE OF THE SWER PLANT I THANK YOU MIGHT TRY A LOOK

kid iowa

Aug 7, 2005
Hi Jerry1,

I'm kind of leery about searching anything other than private land here in Ft Gibson. When I first moved here about 4 years ago I made the mistake of going to the police station and asking what was off limits in town, and the lady about came unglued. I was told that the "whole town of Ft Gibson is protected by the historical society (or something to that effect, I'm paraphrasing) and that I would be taken to jail, fined, keelhauled and done like Mel Gibson in Braveheart if they caught me with a detector." I'm anxious to try something like that though, my father in law looked up some history and told me that the area where his house is (just down the road on Garrison from the hospital/barracks) was where the Buffalo Soldiers set up camp.

Might have to ask around and see what else is open around here. Haven't swung the detector in almost a year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread