Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1909

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    698 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1909

in the "georgia virtual vault" archives there is are 2 old state of georgia -- gold deposit maps. that clearly show the gold bearing areas in georgia .

how to find and get em --
    type in --"georgia virtual vault" -- do search -- click on link that comes up --when "home page" comes up -- look on left hand side find --"historic maps" --click on it -- then click on-- "browse historic maps" -- once it comes up --look on page #2 --maps #33 and #39 --- click on these maps--they can be zoomed in on to see exactly the areas that interest you -- and by using the "print screen" button you can make your own "free maps"--good luck --Ivan
    Dixiegal, obediah and Nitric like this.

us
    Mar 2009

Re: gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1909

Quote Originally Posted by ivan salis
    in the "georgia virtual vault" archives there is are 2 old state of georgia -- gold deposit maps. that clearly show the gold bearing areas in georgia .

how to find and get em --
    type in --"georgia virtual vault" -- do search -- click on link that comes up --when "home page" comes up -- look on left hand side find --"historic maps" --click on it -- then click on-- "browse historic maps" -- once it comes up --look on page #2 --maps #33 and #39 --- click on these maps--they can be zoomed in on to see exactly the areas that interest you -- and by using the "print screen" button you can make your own "free maps"--good luck --Ivan

Thanks a lot

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    698 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1909

congrats--- out of 142 lookers --you were the only one to say "thank you" -- which shows that you have both style and class * --by the way your welcome , hope you find much gold via the knowledge these maps provide --the 1909 is better suited for making blown up "mini maps" of the areas your interested in --- using the built in zoom featureon the map , find and blow up the area your interested in --and then press the "print screen" button -- (basically you take a photo of the screen as you see it )--then click the minimize (-) top right hand side symbol -- then goopen - a word program and then go under edit and "paste" it in -- then save it and print out your own home made "free" gold bearing area map --tada that simple.--- free gold bearing area maps of the area you want to hunt in (not bad for free) huh.

Feb 2007
    Atlanta
    Ace 250

Re: gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1

Wow, thanks for the info!

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    698 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

your welcome #2 "thank you" of 153 lookers (thats about a 1 thank you per 75 lookers ratio -- its really sad when you give folks info (for free) that could make them money and they will not even say thanks for it -- but thats just the way things are these days I guess)---again I wish you good luck. Ivan

us
    Sep 2004
    Down South - Marietta, GA
    Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
    1 times

Ivan, your love of history and the willful sharing of knowledge is most appreciated. Thanks for posting to this group and the many others you contribute to.

Let me know if you get any new leads on the Queen's Jewels.

Stan

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    698 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

frankly I honestly think some of the queens jewels have been found at some the 1715 wreck sites ---but I also think that some of the rest of the missing" queen's dowery" items ---were recovered right after the wrecks occured and were sent forth on the baralonga* that sank in nassau sound --- once the govenor of cuba (torres) got word that the 1715 fleet ( which he know were carrying royal treasure items as well as the silver ) had wrecked he sent several "rescue and treasure recovery vessels" --- one of which was to gather the royal treasure otems and some select VIP's from the wreck sites and take them onward to spain (the king was eagerly awaiting the dowery gifts" to give to his bride to butter her up with)--- this vessel was quietly loaded with the "royal" goods and VIP'S only to wreck later in nassau sound about 40 mikes NORTHWARD of St Augustine.

* in the P.S. note at the bottom alexander spotswood's ( the english govenor of virgina -- at the time ) letter of Oct. 24th, 1715 to the british home sec. Stanhope -- its noted in the letter---" a barcalonga sent from havana to take off the contenient some passengers of distinction and treasure is like wize castaway about 40 miles northward of st augustine"--- thus spotswood KNOWS --the type of vessel it was (barcalonga), the place it came from(havana) --where it went (to the fleet wreck site) and what it was carrying(VIP's and IMPORTANT ROYAL ITEMS and where it when down at ABOUT 40 MILES NORTH OF ST AUGUSTINE* -- its all very very neatly wrapped up -- if one but reads the letter . --- now the big question is HOW did spotswood comeby this info? -- well it seems that govenor spotswood had dealings with the "english" pirates --that raided the spanish silver camps ( thuis fact was noted by none other than the forner author --of the book "the funnel of gold"-- who was the former head of the smithoniton ) --- either thru these pirates ( who might have ran accross any survivors got the info and the gotten rid of the survivor to keep it "quiet") or thru his "spy network" that he used during the war --- spotswood was good at intell gathering --he was the one who find out the info on and sic'ed LT Mayanard on Blackbread -- to find out intel on blackbeard was no easy task I bet.

Mar 2007
    Bronx, NY
    Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
    4 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Thanks for the info.

HH

Jun 2006

Re: gold deposit maps in the state of georgia 2 free old maps * dated 1882 and 1

Thank you

us
    Feb 2008
    West Central Florida
    Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Excalibur 1000, Tesoro Tiger Shark & Golden Umax, BH Pioneer 202

Thanks Ivan I love to read your posts!!
    I am really into researching also.
    Thanks again,
    tt
    Trash to Treasure Ratio  99:1

us
    Dec 2007
    Wisconsin
    23 times

Great post Ivan, appreciate the info. Hope you don't mind but I would like to reciprocate. I love
    just "looking" sometimes, I will be spending some quality time on that site.

Here you can find a few maps of early Wisconsin, hope there of use to somebody.

http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/refe...ynativepeoples

(Not meant to be a thread-jack or to go off-topic)
    "Carelessness, overconfidence and arrogance are our greatest enemies."

us
    Dec 2008
    Sebastian, Fl.
    Minelab Excalibur 1000

This is AWESOME....I am originally from Norcross and moved to Florida about 3 yrs. ago and I am going home for the holiday's
    in November. My Step-dad wants to go detecting together in the Dahlonega area and these old GOLD maps could help us determine were we would like to hunt.
    Excellent site
    Thank You

Feb 2007
    geogia

thank you very much very good site

us
    May 2008
    G, Texas
    Whites Classic III
    1 times

Thank you

Dec 2007
    bandido 2 umax

i live in north ga and man thes posts are interesting , i hope one day to become certified in scuba diving , if i could just find the time , id love to dive on an old ship wreck wow ,!
    thanks for the great info
    reed

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors