1860s Civil War Maps and Home Sites - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: 1860s Civil War Maps and Home Sites

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2012
    SE Va
    Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
    2834 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Have anything that covers Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads/Eastern Shore areas?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    May 2010
    virginia beach
    Equinox 800
    97 times
    Not much out in the public in the way of maps around virginia beach. Might want to check the court houses. The ones I've seen for norfolk ptown chesapeake area are so changed and developed over. The maps get better once you get to suffolk surry area.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jan 2013
    2 times
    Any know anything about south hill va
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    May 2010
    virginia beach
    Equinox 800
    97 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KFerguson View Post
    Any know anything about south hill va
    In Mecklenburg County, Was town of Bluestone at one time?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Mar 2013
    swva, VA
    Garret Ace 250
    12 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by stringplucker View Post
    After getting into metal detecting a couple years ago I soon got into looking at old maps of Virginia. I have a cheap metal detector so the maps haven't done me much good. So basically I would like to help out here with my research and ability. If you have a location in Virginia that you have permission to hunt I would be happy to give you a set of pics for your area. One would be an 1860's map and the other would be a current google map of your location. Keep in mind that not all counties I have found. And also I've learned in some areas, the older map is off by a little and sometimes a lot yet in some places exact. It takes a little digital playing around with to get everything to match up sometimes. I then can overlay the maps so you can really get a good idea of what was there over 100 years ago.

I've done this several times for friends with fairly decent results.The Civil War maps that I have access to are a little more detailed then the links I've seen here but are still in the general areas of already known CW sites. Keep in mind I won't be posting any maps or links here and I won't do an entire county. This is for specific areas only. Playing with these maps are fun for me and has almost turned into a hobby of its own. In any case, if you would like to check this out shoot me a pm. If everything goes well, all I ask in return is to see pics of your finds in the location/locations I've pinpointed. Thanks for reading and happy hunting!

Edit: I have gotten several requests for entire counties. I'm not going to do that. I think it would invite people to run all over the place digging without permission. I don't want any part of that. If you have an area, say a field or plot of land or maybe a location you would like to know a little about before you ask permission, then I can try and help. Thanks
    hello there, do you have a set for smyth county?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Apr 2013
    2 times
    I have property in Nelson County up near Spy Rock about MP 29 on the BlueRidge Parkway. I also have property in Yorktown Va and Chesapaeke Va. Would love to get views of your map to see if my son and i can hunt our property for Civil War treasures. If you are still willing to get copies i could use it. turbolwf@aol.com Thanks so much
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Apr 2013
    Virginia
    Garrett ACE 250
    28 times
    Metal Detecting
    I would love to get some maps of Powhatan, around the RT 60 and 13 area.... and 522 and 711, I know about Robert E lees last camp, and am awaiting permission as I type.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Super Snooper

Mar 2013
    Fredericksburg
    Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger Family: White's Coinmaster
    191 times
    Anything for Fairfax County?
    goldnrelics and Rebel - KGC like this.
    All this digging is bound to turn something up! Just gotta be patient!

Jul 2013
    1 times

hi there from alleghany county

How about the covington area
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    gold sluicing/metal detecting

Aug 2013
    Fredericksburg, Va
    Pioneer 202
    2 times
    I rent in Falmouth Va on route 17 ( Warrenton rd) directly east of 95. I have permission to hunt/detect the 20 acre property and I know there is history here. I found a map showing a headquaters right around me somewhere. If you have any information I would appreciate it. Thanks for the help!
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Capt Rick

Dec 2013
    Northern Virginia
    5 times

Neabsco creek in prince william county VA

Good day sir,,

Would you have any info/maps for the Neabsco creek old mine in Woodbridge VA ??
    I got a map from Big ten, and it shows an old mine location on the creek.
    Its 5 mins from my house on state property behind a K mart.
    Went there with metal detectors ( cheapo's ) and found what I assumed to be an old building or bridge foundation.
    being its so close and convenient I want to give it a thorough going over

any info you have would be appreciated, anything I can do in return, just ask.
    good with mapping and Google earth searches
    38 3717 13N 77 17 52 93 W
    regards
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Feb 2014
    Garrett ACE 250
    32 times
    I'm interested in Stafford County in the area near Ramoth Church Road.

Thank you for helping. I'm brand new to the sport. I'm finding that for every hour I spend MD I spend 2 hours in research on the computer.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Mar 2011
    Central Virginia
    XP Deus
    330 times
    Do you have any information for rockingham county?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

May 2012
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by turbolwf View Post
    I have property in Nelson County up near Spy Rock about MP 29 on the BlueRidge Parkway. I also have property in Yorktown Va and Chesapaeke Va. Would love to get views of your map to see if my son and i can hunt our property for Civil War treasures. If you are still willing to get copies i could use it. turbolwf@aol.com Thanks so much
    I live I Rockingham county in timberville va I have permission on a place to cannon hill about 100 acers
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

May 2012
    9 times
    Vabuckhunter I live in Rockingham county timberville if u want to hunt some relics hit me up
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links