Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    us
    Feb 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Fisher Edge II

Re: Manitou Beach

Here is an interesting website regard MDing in NY: http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-tow...-New-York.html

Lakeside Beach State Park is run the same as Hamlin Beach State Park. The each park manager lives right in the parks. In regards to MDing in Hamlin, the Park Police substation is located in the center of the park just near the entrance to the campsites. A Park Police Officer and/or Park Ranger was mandated to stay in these parks until 0400hrs (I used to work the 1800-0400hrs shift). I am no longer a Seasonal Park Police/Park Ranger (since 2005), so I'm not up to date on any changes. I do remember a guy losing his detector to the Park Police in Hamlin Beach State Park but I am not aware of what the circumstances were.

I have been MDing Genesee Valley Park (City of Rochester) and have been having success there with newer coins. So far, I'm the only one that goes out there. The Genesee River runs right through the middle of it and the original bandstands (refurbished) are still there. That park has an interesting history to it. Check it out on the website.

us
    May 2009
    Western New York
    Nokta- Fors core / Makro--CF77 / Minelab CTX 3030 / XP deus /Velox 1 / RS PinPointer /Makro Waterproof PinPointer
    35 times

Re: Manitou Beach

I went to hamlin with the wife and kids last summer.talked to parks guys about detecting.You can only detect the BEACH and only a certain time of the year.That means all that grass hasnt been detected.I think its total crap they dont let me detect that.I pay alot of taxxes in this state and i cant look in the grass at that park,,wit or without a permit.Must be nice to be the guy on his high horse dictating these stupid rules..That park is dead for the size of it.its in dis repair in areas and they are worried about me digging a flap to get to the coins and all the gargbage i would remove.They had 1 beach open out of about 8 ..The place is dieing,and yet they dont want us to detect.I dont understand the reasoning behind the park laws other than some desk jockey made the laws knowing nothing about the hobby.I hope someone who makes these laws takes up the hobby so we can have some changes made.We need to set up like New England where we work together with the gov to save our finds.Happy hunting guys

us
    Digitny

Jan 2013
    Cortlandt NY
    Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
    41 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NiagracountyNY View Post
    I went to hamlin with the wife and kids last summer.talked to parks guys about detecting.You can only detect the BEACH and only a certain time of the year.That means all that grass hasnt been detected.I think its total crap they dont let me detect that.I pay alot of taxxes in this state and i cant look in the grass at that park,,wit or without a permit.Must be nice to be the guy on his high horse dictating these stupid rules..That park is dead for the size of it.its in dis repair in areas and they are worried about me digging a flap to get to the coins and all the gargbage i would remove.They had 1 beach open out of about 8 ..The place is dieing,and yet they dont want us to detect.I dont understand the reasoning behind the park laws other than some desk jockey made the laws knowing nothing about the hobby.I hope someone who makes these laws takes up the hobby so we can have some changes made.We need to set up like New England where we work together with the gov to save our finds.Happy hunting guys
    No offense, but that's what you get when you ask permission. Their has been a lot of debate over this, don't want to get into it again, just my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsors