43.8 KB · Views: 465

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jeff , I live about 10 miles from Camp Bucoco . It would be a great place to hunt , but it is still in operation and one of the largest Boy Scout Camps around that I'm awear of . Thanks for posting the pics .

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I agree. It would be a great place to hunt. There would be a lot of historical items that have fallen off of uniforms in the past, plus all of the dropped change, knives, etc.

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking that the local club holds an event up there each year

eze1417

Greenie
Jan 1, 2014
West Alexander
Detector(s) used
Legacy 3500 with Super-Scan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a Boy Scout in the Moraine Trails Council and attended Bucocco often. A lot has changed to the camp since it opened. I know the current archery range used to be the swimming pool and I have found stuff within the concrete bowl of the pool on rainy days. There also was several cabins that they used to have down near the Apache campsite along Slippery Rock Creek. All that is left is some foundation cinderblock and stone. I have had fun exploring the areas of the camp property that most of my fellow scouts have not. I know there is several old farmhouse foundations up on the hill near the water tower as well as one out near the Wilderness Survival area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread