Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
!!!sag1911.jpg

http://hometown.aol.com/cntryboy130/sagamore.html

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Nice post & some great history on this area of Armstrong County, been thru there a few times & not too far from
my area. Very well done, thanks for the look back.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good question....I don't see any spectators in the pic. What's the building I'm wondering. Old school, fire house, library, office bldg.? I'm not far from Armstrong Cty.
Al

flylaps

Nov 26, 2007
western PA
Detector(s) used
whites MXT, Explorer XS
I just came across that picture myself about a week ago. That's only about 20 minutes from where I'm at in Indiana,PA. Looked at some other interesting photos of the same area. Hope to get up there soon and do some looking.

Matt

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me know what you find there Flylaps...only about a half hour or so myself from there.
I see in the pic, looking harder...(darn eyes)..there seems to be a group of people standing in front of the building....and is that big lettering on the front of it "AGH" or just shadows on the windows. Maybe thats an old hospital...
Al

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
On my way to Mahaffey and back, I see road signs for Sagamore; wish I'd seen this post before Monday!

goldie1959

Oct 7, 2007
michigan
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500
next time im in indiana pa im driving, AGH ARMSTRONG GRANGE HALL? Al GET HERE? haha

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good one Goldie...a sign from above......

Got a couple more weeks of intense work left, then back to some free weekends...

I'll have to "Get there ".

Al

cntryboy130

Aug 23, 2011
The picture above is of the Sagamore hotel AKA the knife and gun club. It was a rough place back in the day. It was built when the town was started for the coal mines. I have added the link for my web page on Sagamore where this picture was from and there is alot more pictures,videos and alot of info. Anyone have anything of the town let me know and Ill get it added. Let me know what you think of the web page by signing the guest book.

Thank you http://sagamorepa.webs.com/
Shawn Boarts Sr.

Warlock

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2013
Westmorland County
Detector(s) used
Deeptech vista smart,tesoro bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old building in the background is the sagamore hotel! very cool It had recently burned down about ten years ago. I didnt know it was that old from the pic. I loved to stop in here and geta beer on the way to camp. It reminded me of the morrison hotel/ doors wow , surprised to see this here new to the site. this little town is a old coal town if you blink you missed it. I like going through their at about 120mph on my ninja in the summer going to indiana. their a slight jog in the road where this old black guy sits and waves to cars and locals that pass. this place has a great Vibe.

Warlock

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2013
Westmorland County
Detector(s) used
Deeptech vista smart,tesoro bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow cool page cntryboy130 miss that place. got crushed drinkin their once by myself listening to stories from a local named "flick" lololo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread