jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried to get to Susanville last year. Come to find out there are two different roads to get there. Drove for sometime to find out the road we were on was washed out. Not enough time in our day to go around. Might try again this year.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Susanville still has gold. Getting to it, and getting it out is more problematic now. Check road conditions in Grant County for the route you plan to travel to get there.

Armstrong Nugget was found near Susanville, I think. Over seven pounds, mostly gold. Was displayed at the Baker City First Interstate Bank, now probably Baker City Wells Fargo Bank.

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
Been up on Viniger Hill camping many times but very little color. Saw some gold from a fellow who had a water dredge. Blasted a lot of rock. Someone said the small jar of gold he showed off probably never changed. I did see him and his wife pick gold off a carper he used an the bottom of his box. I heard of a lot of mercury found in flasks up on top someplace around some old buildings. I think a lot if not most is claimed by someone or company.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions