Leads for Lane and Linn county

nugets4me

Greenie
Oct 8, 2006
Albany,Or.
G

Gone_Bananas

I'd be interested in these areas also. I live in Springfield and have been up to Quartzville and the Callipooia (mis-spelled?) and just haven't found much. Guess I'm just not looking in the right places. But I'd like to find a couple of places to do some nugget hunting with my Minelab detector. I've only been prospecting for a little while, found about 1/4 ounce last year with my sluice and backpack 1 1/2" dredge, but would really like to get into nugget hunting. Any help would be awesome! Lots of gold and treasures to you!

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Hey guys. Maybe we should all get together for lunch sometime and discuss this. I'm in eugene.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Unfortunately, I work weekends, which makes it kinda hard for me to work around "normal schedules" But hey, I'm always up for lunch Mon. thru Thurs.! Carrow's at Big Y, or maybe Sheri's at Gateway?

G

Gone_Bananas

Sounds like something I would be interested in. I'm usually off on weekends, no chance of a week day lunch. Maybe something in the evening would be better for meeting up. Do any prospecting on the weekends. Just a couple of thoughts. Can't wait for the weather to start warming up. I'm not much into cold weather! Sometimes wish was still single. I'd move to Arizona in a heartbeat! ;D

D

defttouch

nugets4me said:
Ok guys I know there are a few of us out there but was wondering , how many out there would like to share thier finds and or places they know of gold,treasure,ghost towns ect.! Like Jeffro been at this awhile but willing to share what I do have and know, but any new places ae nice also!

Later Jack
i know where they used to have the yearly fair from boston mill area in the late 1800's. I've been trying to locate the owners of the property. with little luck. Should be some kind of treasure to uncover there. You can see the area from the interstate just south of albany. This place was used for over twenty years and was the place to be for that era. Not many know of it's location, not even the local historians. I ran acrossed it while reasearching through old diaries from people who lived there. cool eh. I know of a couple of ghost towns in this area. Unfortunatly, there is no remains only grass fields. The old post office town of central located about 7 miles east of albany by lebanon. It was the first post office in the valley here.

didijim

Dec 13, 2006
Lincoln City Oregon
Detector(s) used
garrett 500xta
Not sure if this is where you are talking about, but looks as though the city owns it now. might get permission from Albany, City. Used to live in Albany before I was mding- there seems that there would be several places in tangent, shedd, brownsville, on the old road to lebanon hope this helps, hope you find something.

didijim

Shedd

Where It’s At: Shedd is located on Oregon Highway 99E, about 7 miles south of Albany.

How It Got Its Name: Shedd is named after Capt. Frank Shedd who arrived with his extended family in 1864. The first settlement here was actually named Boston and was the site of an important part of mid-valley history, a water-powered gristmill that produced flour for local farmers.

How Many People Live There: Not available.

What It’s Known For: In 2004, the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department purchased the historic Boston Mill site. At this time, it is open only by appointment as the state studies the mill and makes plans for its preservation and public use. The 1913 Bank of Shedd building now houses the Shedd Museum.

Where the Locals Hang Out: The Shedd Cafe, a popular local meeting place, is a traditional diner that is also the rally point for Cruise-In, a meeting of hot rods, muscle cars, motorcycles and restored classics, that meet every other Thursday.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
I'd be interested in getting out around this area as well, for lunch or to do some digging. I'm in Linn county.

I mostly prospect (pan, sluice, highbank, dredge), but I'm really interested in getting more into detecting for coins and such.

OP
OP
N

nugets4me

Greenie
Oct 8, 2006
Albany,Or.
Well guy's sorry been out of the loop for the last 3 months - moving, divorce, surgery on the shoulder and last but not least computer down for awhile. Been off work since March 9th and still in recovery at this time, but will be able to start looking at my leads again and history for this neck of the woods again. That old vicodin plays hell with your head! be checking back later today.

Jack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread