Oregon Beaches

PDorsal

May 19, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oregon's beaches are public, not private property....one exception to the beaches would be if it a historical site (aka; shipwreck, old military fort ect.) "Most" all of those locations are listed as a state or federal park....and most clearly identified as such.

New Digger

Mar 4, 2014
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro with 12" 300 coil,Sef Wss 10x5 coil,6x10 dd coil,10"dd coil,9" spider
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hellofelipe,
I will be in Manzanita around the 4th of July Were are some good places too hunt??
thanks
David

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm assuming that there are beaches in Oregon that are state (or city or county) maintained/operated, right ?

This is one of those "funny" questions. Because I'm sure that someone here, if they looked long enough and hard enough, can find things that say (or mean) "no". So too can the same be said, if the same question were asked of CA state beaches. If you looked long enough and hard enough, in the state of CA park's dept codes, you will indeed find "dire sounding" things. And if you went to Sacramento and asked enough state-of-CA archies, you would indeed find a few to tell you that you absolutely can not detect there . Because heaven forbid you might find an old coin.

However, with that said: The reality is, that you can detect state of CA beaches till you're blue in the face, and no one's ever cared. So .... I guess that not enough people have asked the right questions, of the right people. And we're thankful for that !

oregonmp03

Oct 13, 2014
Aberdeen, WA
Detector(s) used
Fishers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In Oregon all you have to do is go out and try to enjoy yourself and someone will get upset because they don't do it or they didn't think of it first or your beeping metal detector is upsetting their dog who's trying to crap on the beach.

Good luck, it just seems like you can't do anything now days without someone getting their panties in a bunch about it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
..... someone will get upset because they don't do it ..... you can't do anything now days without someone getting their panties in a bunch about it.

Which is why I gave up a long time ago thinking it was my duty to get everyone to love me, love my hobby, and roll out red carpets for me. Now I make it simple: Avoid such individuals who might not like it. So peaceful. So serene.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread