Sun Stones

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
We had a lady post some information last year about Sun Stone hunting. My wife and I are planning on doing some Sun Stoning in May and would like her to get in touch with us about it. Looks like the old post have been removed but there was some good info on it. Anyone else that could help us out is welcome to chime in with any information also.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
tinkb said:
We had a lady post some information last year about Sun Stone hunting.
Cynangyl posted a couple times last year here on the Oregon board about sun stone hunting. My guess is that's who you're thinking of.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Yes, thanks Eathan....I got an email and was able to get him a link to the thread as well as may be able to get together on the next trip! :D

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
tinkb said:
We had a lady post some information last year about Sun Stone hunting. My wife and I are planning on doing some Sun Stoning in May and would like her to get in touch with us about it. Looks like the old post have been removed but there was some good info on it. Anyone else that could help us out is welcome to chime in with any information also.
Hey this is Drywalldave, Cynangyl's fiancee. hunting sunstones is a blast and we recently had a new member at the high desert treasure club, join who owns a mine down by plush. If you go remember there is nothing around for 20 miles and the roads are rough. The mines that are owned, Dust Devil, Spectrum charge to dig, but there is a good chance you can find one's there that have color or shillar. I would recomend the Dust Devil. There is also no shade around anywhere !!!!!!!!! You might want to look into the high desert treasure club for membership because we do alot down in Plush and have good connections, plus you would recieve our e-mail, keeping you informed of our outings

OP
OP
tinkb

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Hi Dave, Cyndi rold me about some of your fun Sun Stone hunting last year. We are planning a Mid to late May hunt when the mines open. Will be contacting some of the mines like Dust Devil for information on the best time that month they advise.

Linda and I are getting excited about the trip. Our Ford Edge should get us about anywhere we want to go down there. With the all wheel drive it doesn't have any trouble in the sand here at the coast along the beach. Haven't gotten stuck yet, but we really haven't tried either.

We are planning a couple days SunStone hunting, then some T Egg hunting, a couple days over at Quartz Creek by Hellens for some gold panning and hopefully by them I can find a good fossil hunting ground. But our main focus is trying for some nice Sun Stones with some color.

I am also planning on getting me a faceting machine and learning to facet gems. I have about 15 pounds of rubies, sapphires and emerals I traded a mine worker for some old tokens. Been looking for a couple of years now and I decided to either get one before we leave or right after.

What club do you belong to and is it in the Portland area or central oregon. We are over on the coast in Astoria. So going to meetings would be difficult for us on a routine basis. But sound fun.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We belong to the High Desert Treasure Club in Central Oregon. Only costs $20 a year and we have outtings every month during the good weather as well as a meeting a month in Bend. We get a great newsletter sent out each month as well that keeps ya up to date on what is going on at the time and future events. I have your email address so I can forward a couple so you can see what they are like. We have a lot of members that are only around during the summer because they are snowbirds and are gone the rest of the year as well. Even the meetings are fun. We have raffles and such and get all kinds of goodies to have for the raffle including some of that great jerky David distributes....those bags of jerky get fought over every month! lol Anyway, I will send you two a couple of the newsletters from past issues so you can take a look at them. :D

drywalldave

Feb 6, 2008
redmond oregon
Cynangyl said:
We belong to the High Desert Treasure Club in Central Oregon. Only costs $20 a year and we have outtings every month during the good weather as well as a meeting a month in Bend. We get a great newsletter sent out each month as well that keeps ya up to date on what is going on at the time and future events. I have your email address so I can forward a couple so you can see what they are like. We have a lot of members that are only around during the summer because they are snowbirds and are gone the rest of the year as well. Even the meetings are fun. We have raffles and such and get all kinds of goodies to have for the raffle including some of that great jerky David distributes....those bags of jerky get fought over every month! lol Anyway, I will send you two a couple of the newsletters from past issues so you can take a look at them. :D
Yes, I will add that the club is fun, and it also keeps us informed of the legal issues going on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread