Primary Interest:
Other

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I don't know why it is, but I haven't had much luck with my MD on Oregon beaches either. They are clean, clean, clean.

oh, sure- an occasional coin or a ring every now and then, but nothing like above the surfline.

I think you have to wait for the fall and spring storms when the sand is stripped and then hit the rocky catches for good finds before the surf brings the sand back in. :)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
bah! I still have not had the chance to find nothing on a beach! :'( Have not seen a beach since I have had a detector and don't think that mine would do well on the beach but don't much care, would still wanna go even if I found nothin!! lol

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Tell Me !!! I live across from the beaches on Hwy101, between Seaside and Astoria. Been down to the beaches many time in the last two months. Just went a couple weeks ago the day after the big Volleyball tournament. I did better searching along the sidewalks on the beach. Did bring home some clad change. Searched around a lot of the campfire and found one quarter. Did the volleyarea, playground and some of the main beach infront of the hotel for about 3 hours. Not a ring, trinket or coin down there.

Your right about the beaches being clean other the occasional can buried down in the sand by someone. Some of the cleaness beaches I have been on. Think maybe its because you can have fires on the beach and people just burn everything up. You will find a million bottle caps, nail, foil and scrap there from the fires.

The best I have done there was a 22" Italian 925 silver chain at 38 grams. Thought it was a dog choke chain and threw it in my pouch. Showed my buddy I found another choke chain and he said that one has a clasp. Sure enough it was very heavy silver necklace.

With winter coming up we will start getting some nice minus tides. I plan on hammering the Seaside beach then and work my way onto a few of the other visited beaches. With the water being around 52-54 all year round we just don't get the people packed in like the warmer water beaches do. But you would think those that go there would loose mre rings becuase of the cold water.

Plan on hitting it again Tuesday after the hoards leave for the holidays. Going to run down at low tide and try hitting a lot further out.

OP
OP
greydigger

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
might see you down there then tinkb.
Seaside has a lot of folks on nice days.

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
tinkb said:
But you would think those that go there would loose mre rings becuase of the cold water.
A lot less oily sun screen on frisbee flinging fingers though...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread