Compass relic magnum 6

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
............I just got a Relic Magnum 6.................I will try it on a BB size object and see how deep it will pick it up!!...............It is very sensitive in my Neutral Gumbo type dirt................Very good for a detector that must be at least 25 years old!!..........Joe

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...................JACK..............1973?...................the Relic Magnum series did not even start till around 1976.......maybe 1977......................In 1973 there were no Ground Balancing detectors.........some of the old 77B's did have ground compensation......which is not the same thing!!.................A lot of the detectors from the early 1970's had a lot of problems of instability especially when going from sunshine to shade or vice versa..................I think that the hotter the temp.......the worse this instability became...............Australia's summer heat can be hotter than our Texas Heatwave!!..........................The very 1st VLF/TR's did very well in Australia.................I believe that the Hand of Faith Nugget (found in Australia in the late 1970's/early 1980's) is currently in Los Vegas was found with a Garrett DeepSeeker VLF/TR.....................Anyway I like the old VLF/TR's.........The Compass's I guess are more unique since they are harder to find these days!!........With a lot of the current detectors having price ranges of over $1000.00(U.S. currency).......it is refreshing to find a good working detector in the $150.00 or less category.......................HH..............Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread