Gold Century imported detectors?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Wildcat, I use my 1023 almost exclusively in the pursuit of refined gold and silver (jewelry) and modern coinage in the totlots and playgrounds so yeah, the big coil would be a nice add-on for it.

It supplants my Fisher 1235X where there's EMI or too much ground chatter and does very well. My 1235 gets items as small as ear studs readily, but the 1023 goes at least as deep and accurate in ID, having recovered coins to 8 inches in woodchips and sand.

I am using the Fisher F70 and the CZ-20 in the dirt these days. The CZ in water and construction sites because it has reliability and deals with noise very well. I am however contemplating giving the 1023 a run in some of my more mineralized sites and if it does well there, it may also be useful to have that big coil. So come on now, pony up and get them guys to ship over here!

digluv

Dec 7, 2009
There used to be some guy here who called himself "Merf" I think. He was a big user of the 1023. What ever happened to him?

I too have used it and it still is one of my favorites. Like you guys I wish I could get that larger coil. I wrote to China about it but they won't sell the coil by itself. They told me something really interesting. They wrote that each coil must be precisely tuned to each machine even though the coil was originally engineered for the 1023.

This sounds a lot like what Nautilus has always claimed. Coils must be individually balanced to each machine.

digluv

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 3,823

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Correct digluv, however, as I mentioned, I have 2 x 1023s. Both came with matched large coils as well, but I have swapped them and can not pick any difference in the operation between them.
I see Jack lange is now offering large coils on his website. http://www.goldhunterdetectors.com/
Maybe you guys that want them could talk to him. He is a bit of an expert with these things.

The Cat

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
slyone10001 said:
Has the 1023 been discontinued ??.......Or is it just on back order all over ??

There are some on ebay for $92 shipped.

itex4

Dec 11, 2010
Hello anyone have the GC1020 im getting this next week by mail and would like any info from a user thats used it
Thanks Im new to all this and hope i got the rite one.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed this thread---Not too active on the forum but I am still loving the hobby.
I have 2 of the GC 1023s-- I installed a 1/4 inch jack and a speaker switch on the one I use the most.
I am getting too many detectors in my arsenal so I am listing one on E-Bay tonight.
The only downside to the 1023 is the shaft is not very stable.
I have rehunted sites with the 1023 and found targets that other detectors missed.
These were sites with a lot of iron and hot rocks.
The automatic GB on the 1023 makes it a great buy for a $100 detector.

sherwood

Greenie
Oct 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got q gc1016a yesterday....

will go to a gold hotspot here in NW Mexico to try it out.....

I like this thread....

it`s excellent!

Nov 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, I know nothing about metal detectors/ am new so pls be gentle

I was thinking of getting the DC-1023 you guys were talking about,

but then I saw this

What do you guys honestly think of it? Please anyone

(Things that are too good to be true usually are right - but it looks ok :))

Otherwise I think I will just spend 8x more and get a decent detector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread