Detectorpro Wader-------Got a raise

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out Sat first time this year, snow's gone, ground is huntable, still ice on the lake.

Managed to up my $$ per hour count, went from usual $1.80-2.35 to $3.17.
Finally got a raise...LOL

Anyways, my Wader is out of Warranty many years ago, bought second hand. Originally had Detectorpro
adjust it after I purchased it. I always felt it wasn't as deep as my Diver (long sold). Even after DP's retuned it.
Lots of folks seemed to be getting more depth with their Wader than I was.

I did ask about what the pots inside controlled so I could adjust them myself. Well, everyone said, "don't touch,
you'll screw up the Wader, send it back to DP, Gary at DP wouldn't tell me"...
Reason I won't send it to DP for a retune
1) Service charge
2) Shipping to the US from Canada--to much $$$$
3) Return shipping to Canada---to much $$$$
4) Canadian Customs--when the unit is returned
A) they will charge GST & PST taxes on the repair
B) charge Customs fees, whatever they feel like. One time charged me $0.00, the next $37.00.

Yesterday, decided to take apart the earcup with the controls. Noted 4 pots on the board.
I quickly was able to determine the Multi turn GB trimmer pot, Threshold trimmer pot and Sensitivity trimmer pot.
Haven't touched the fourth pot yet or the GB pot. Played around with the Threshold and sensitivity trimmers as well as the
external Sensitivity pot. Took about 5 minutes to set them where I liked. Let's say air test depth has now increased by 1 1/2-2"
on the average for US& Canadian coins. I can now tell you that the Wader hunts much better and those Canadian clad coins
come in louder and a bit clearer than last year. Dimes make a particular sound now as do some of the other coins. I am now
curious how much actual ground depth I gained. Found using the Wader yesterday more fun. Will be going out today again
and will post my pictures tonight. When I get more time to adjust the Wader will try and get the Ground Balance set for my
soil conditions. Finding that the Wader can be tuned similar to the Minelab Sterling-Musketeers. I did find out one enhancement
that can be made to my Wader.............will be looking into that further. Have to admit, DP Wader has a very nice sophisticated
looking PC board.........

=============================================================================
Sunday----

Here's a total of what I found 7 hours hunting the same schoolyard soccer field.
All are Canadian coins.

Twoonies 3-------------------$6.00
Loonies 9-------------------$9.00
Quarters 29-----------------$7.25
Dimes 31-----------------$3.10
Nickels 17-----------------$0.85
Pennies 178---------------$1.78
-----------------------------------------------------
Total............................$27.96

Plus
Silver rings 2
Euro 50 cent 1
=====================================================
Just an added note to my previous post above.
If you own a Detectorpro unit that is covered by warranty, don't mess with it. If you break the white seal on the
ear cup with the controls to peak inside. Your detector is no longer covered by the warranty.

Attachments

• april42010.JPG
    april42010.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 308

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread