Any Teknetics Delta 4000 users..........Need opinions.

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Tesoro Bandido II µMax and
Compadre, White's Classic II,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings !

Looking for input from users of the Delta 4000, both pro and con.

I bought Andy Sabisch's new book "The Treasure Hunter's Handbook" and have been studying the comparison charts at the back of the book. Those charts are a great tool for helping to make a decision on a detector based on personal price range and/or type of hunting.

In my price range, the specifications listed for the Delta 4000 look real good to me. I'm interested in a numerical type TID system, as it would seem to be far more accurate than a system employing a relatively modest array of target icons.

Thanks for your comments.

Todd

WVdiggin

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2009
west virgina
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, Whites Coinmaster
i just bought a delta 4000, allin all good detector for the price, the notch and 2 diffrent all metal modes are a little diffrent to use. i had a garret ace 250 and so far i like the delta alot better, no so many false signals.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
i have owned both the 250 and the delta 4000 -- with the delta 0 -99 numbers disply theres much more "room" for the detector to sort finds into allowing for better "target seperation" than with the ace 250 ** with the ace 250 gold items tend to get "lumped" togeter with nickles and tabs --making for a lot of trash digging to get at the gold items >:( -- with the delta 4000's numbers system 58 is normally nickles / 10 kt gold --many tabs ring up as "60" --- 67 is 14 k gold -- 76/77 is modern zinc / indain head cents --82 ( deltas high tone sound * starts at 82) is for older pre 83 copper cents (wheaties and others) as well as clad dimes and silver dimes ---85/86 is clad /silver quarters-- 94 is halfs / dollars and aluminum cans at depth --(use the old pick up the coil trick if the object stays in for a good bit most likely its :wink: a can.

OP
OP
ToddB64

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WVdiggin and ivan salis,

Thanks guy's for the feedback ! :thumbsup:

I'm copying all replies to my files folder titled "Forum member opinions on Teknetics Delta 4000 " , to be reviewed later before making a final purchase decision.

ivan.....All the detail is very helpful !

WVdiggin.....Interesting comments !

Todd

wyobuck

Dec 1, 2009
Orange City, FL
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, Xterra 705, Surf PI DF
Did you get the Delta yet? If not here's my 2 cents. Great machine for the money except on wet beaches. Does pretty good against my Xterra. My girlfriend loves the weight, you can swing it all day and night.

OP
OP
ToddB64

ToddB64

Jan 7, 2007
Georgetown, Ohio, USA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wyobuck said:
Did you get the Delta yet? If not here's my 2 cents. Great machine for the money except on wet beaches. Does pretty good against my Xterra. My girlfriend loves the weight, you can swing it all day and night.

Hi wyobuck !

Had to "put it on the back burner" for awhile.......money's been tight. However, I still have it in mind for the future and still saving all opinions on computer for later analysis. I think the Delta 4000 offers a lot for the price !

Thanks for your reply !

Todd ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread