Headhunter Wader

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a Headhunter Wader seems like a good fit, Light weight. Handy. I hunt a lot of totlots and go to the beaches a couple times a year.
Well took the wader to the early childhood school playground were my granddaughter goes an the first target I dug was a 10k ring I was excited. I know that any detector could have found it but. I was very happy that the wader did.

Attachments

• 10.04.10 125.jpg
    10.04.10 125.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 247

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking ring. Is that an opal?

OP
OP
TXPIRATE

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes as far as I know. Not sure if its a real opel? a friend looked at it he thought it was a real opal.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is always exciting to find a ring right away no matter which detector we are swinging. You did good. :headbang:

I don't think I ever had a fake opal and am not sure how to tell the difference anymore. Been a long time since I found one too.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know Detectorpro got a bad rep there for awhile. They had a waterproof detector, but not one you could take diving as advertised. It couldn't handle the pressure and leaked.

However, it is still a great detector for beach hunting and wading and land searching. It is waterproof to a depth of 6 feet, so you can drop it in the water or get caught in a rain storm and not fry the electronics.

Also, they have the best built coils I've ever seen. Hard as a rock and no coil cover needed.

I own the Wader and just ordered the Pulse as well.

Good hunting! :icon_thumleft:

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
No doubt it is a real opal.
Just that there is a very wide spread in quality opals to common opals.
But gold is gold and that is a wonderful find.

Glad to hear you are happy with your detector.
Looks like it might have paid for itself.

Now sell it, trade it, or give it away, and get a quality detector while you are ahead of the game.

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep on swinging it......there's more out there to find.
Probably one of the most stable, easy to use, turn on and go water detectors made.
And they are a high quality unit.
We'll never sell ours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread