Video review and overviews of the AKA detectors, Sorex Pro and Kondor 7252M

Gimpydigger

Feb 5, 2004
USA
I am doing some video overviews and testing on the Russian AKA line of detectors. I currently have the Kondor 7252M and the Sorex Pro. I will say I enjoy these detectors. They are different than American detectors in a few ways. Different parameters available and alot more of them for the price range these sell for.
Now...I am not here to convince anyone to buy one. I am not here to argue over whether they are better than your current detector or not. This is a hobby in the end.
These are deep detectors from the outside testing I have done the past month. Now..are they as deep as your E-trac...well maybe..maybe not. They have that potential...but since I don't have an E-Trac anymore I can test it side by side.
Now I have used all the Minelabs up to the E-Trac, all the Whites top end machines as well as all top machines from Fisher, Teknetics and Garrett. So I know how deep mos of these machines are and on different targets.

On some targets the AKA detectors I have are as deep as any of these and on some targets just a tad less sensitive than the deepest...like the E-Trac. Too many things that are variable to make any top gun claims.

What I can say is these AKA detectors are worth us taking a look at. for example the Kondor runs around the $700.00 range and is the deepest $700.00 machine i have ever used. On the other hand it is not a super fast recovery detector so in heavy trash it would not be my first choice. It would work fine but not as good as a Gold Bug Pro or Tek G2.

Now the Sorex Pro has afast trash mode and you will see that in the second video on my page. I would rate it faster than my F-70 but not quite as fast as a Tek G2.

So watch the vids if you like. I am not asking you agree or disagree...these are just to be informational videos to help introduce these to the US users. I am no pro at shooting videos and especially not when I have to hold a camera in one hand and a detector in the other.

Currently the Sorex Pro is the only model that has an English menu. Hopefully this changes.

My next purchase will be the Signum MFT and/or the Berkut 5.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gimpydigger

Feb 5, 2004
USA
This a 15 minute video on the Kondor which was the first AKA detector I purchased. This simply goes over the proper method of GB the detector inside prior to air tests. Also some of the differences between the Kondor and the SOrex Pro.

The Kondor has been updated to the Berkut which I mention. Same performance, same options and audio they simply put in a more user friendly setup and increased the screen size. The Berkut 5 can now use any of the available AK coils. It will sense the new coil and perform an autmatic coil adjusment. There are currently 3 different coil frequency options.

My profile pic is the Berkut 5.

I will order one in a month or so and do a review of that one also. Since the Berku and Kondor are almost identical this video will serve as a good basis of how the Berkut will perform. All menus options have been retained with the addition of one new filter. The menu has been simplified in how it is accesed. At the moment only Sorex Pro is available in an English menu so you will need to create a cheat sheet like I did here....if anyone orders one.
If enough people order these I think they will make a few more English versions. Of course we need a few people to buy them first and test them as I have.

Last edited:

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD AKA is very popular in Russia, especially Signum SFT

Video

This video in Russian
There is a wish to pay at once attention, that we specially don't shine in the review any technical subtleties on control of this or that parameter, all technical details on setup of the metal detector, the recommendation, and other, is in the operation manual, each operator perceives this or that control on the.
Recently, discussion of the domestic metal detector passed to a grandiose stage.... The vseyaredaktion of a revyyudetektor didn't miss such opportunity and as held open testings of this device from the producer of AKA, model Signum SFT 7270 about what we both will tell you, and we will try to show all this action.
The first, on what it wants to pay attention, that is the first review of the domestic metal detector, the producer of AKA in our opinion, made very much a big step forward, on a meeting to the user, became more open, sociable, we really receive answers to the questions posed, it can't but please, there is a wish to tell separate thanks to all testers of this detector.
Today we also will talk about model Signum SFT as many already understood, this is domestic producer, in the market more than 15 years and the wealth of experience in production of metal detectors has. Let's begin by tradition and one after another. Structurally, Signum, consists of 3 parts, it is the main unit of electronics located on a pistol handle, a metal average bar and a plastic bottom bar. The construct is executed in black color scale. The ergonomics at the metal detector are realized not badly, but we, of course, found the sensitive look some minuses, in our opinion the construct doesn't have rigidity, rigidity of all design a little... as a whole, but disbalance at a device is executed competently... the hand isn't tired. Plastic from which the metal detector as, demands a raising one step higher is executed. ) ) lack of softening elements on a detector handle, afflicted a little... very much we hope that the producer will consider these minimum flaws and the following model will be "correction of mistakes"...
The metal detector 11 buttons located on the block of electronics, all buttons touch, plus the toggle-switch (switch) on a back wall of the block copes.
The metal detector has LCD (liquid crystal) display, the device from 6 elements of a food, the AA type, operating time till 17 o'clock and ло 7 hours in the Turbo mode is powered. The weight of the device makes 1.4 kg.
Search coil DD, Spider type. This device works at frequency of 6.5 kHz. There is a nest for earphones.
As the producer declares, in the detector 2 modes of search are realized, it is the RV channel (in abbreviated form real time) which is the main instrument of search, and carries out a role of the channel of detection, but bears only one-voice-frequency identification by a sound, the truth the loudness and which frequency can change, depending on coil approach to object...
and the KT channel (in abbreviated form short tone) which is the channel of identification of object, this mode is already multivoice-frequency... the user can combine the first operating mode with the second, the RV mode possesses more vysky sensitivity than the KT mode, and by definition which main objective to find object and to designate its presence at soil... both channels have independent control. as there is a wish to pay attention to the Turbo mode realized in the car, this mode gives the chance to the user even more and increases search depth as a whole...
As in the metal detector there is a possibility of use of 4 user programs. Signum SFT is supplied with automatic and manual balancing on soil... and as at all professional cars has an independent operating mode of all metal, with the VCO function peculiar to it...
Let's consider the main unit of electronics and governing bodies of the metal detector Signum SFT.
As well as it was spoken above a device copes 11 buttons located on front part of the block of electronics. The detailed description and mission of all buttons is in the user's guide of this device, there is a wish to stop the look on visual identification, namely on the display.
In a search mode, on the display godografichesky information, VDI and signal level, plus office information on a condition of batteries, a mode of a turbo, a fine tuning mode on soil and number of the current program is displayed. There is a wish to note at once that use and correct perception of godografichesky information demands from the operator a certain time for training.
As the system and the decision on control balance soil, with a "godograf" grid peculiar to Signum, everything elementary, very conveniently and informatively very was pleasant
Discrimination at the metal detector is executed really at the top level, as well as division is more whole, the detector very accurately divides metal with low conductivity and gives a priority to metal with high conductivity as by us were made a number of tests on masking of non-ferrous metal black and subjects with lower conductivity and we came to a conclusion that Signum in it very well shows himself... all tests can be seen visually in the video review.
There is a separate wish to tell about the Turbo mode, we carried out tests both in an operating mode by default, and in a turbo mode, indicators in centimeters will be visible below... actually this mode it is necessary as well as all the rest to be able to use and use it is correctly, considering zamusorennost of the soil and other factors which can affect stable operation of the detector at Turbo mode inclusion, of course, in general, we found this mode архи useful to the operator.
As it is known in the metal detector Signum is realized, so-called S algorithm as the producer, urged to help the operator with more exact definition of object declares.... to all of us cases are known when the detector reacts to a flat metal subject from ferrous metal as color... actually this S algorithm also will help you with definition of these characteristics of metal object, by us as were made a number of tests of this direction and I will tell you that it everything really works, besides, will examine work of this mode it will be possible visually, having looked at our video review on a metalldetektor Signum SFT.
Pleases that the producer considered such trifles, and at the detector there is a display illumination, for convenient search in a night-time, there is a thermometer which measures temperature in electronics block, various type of settings, both by visual part, and on the technical moments, everything is realized very competently.
After week use of the metal detector, under various conditions of search, we want will share with you results of measurements, as traditionally by air, and measurements in soil, in a standard mode, and in the Turbo mode. It is maximum that it was succeeded "to squeeze out" of Signum, on air, these are about 2 meters, the car, it very much not bad indicators.... actually.
Settings: Feelings. KT "H", Feelings of PB/CT "8"
Our main objectives:
All purposes settle down in parallel (flatwise) the search coil, soil sand, the soil devstvenno pure from metalgarbage.

Points Airtest GRNDdtest GRNDtest
Standart Turbo
Big Silver coin ~36 sм ~34 sм ~36 sм
Copper coin ~31 sм ~28 sм ~29 sм
Gold cin ~28 sм ~25 sм ~27 sм
Beer cover ~25 sм ~20 sм ~22 sм
silver piece ~19 sм ~16 sм ~19 sм

short videotest

Summary: Summing up, at once there is a wish to tell the Russian producer, good fellows, Signum really turned out worthy model, it is that metal detector with which there is a wish to work to which there is a wish will return, having worked as week (7 days) we remained are happy with operation of the metal detector, a technical solution and the general orientation in the technologies realized in Signum... .konechno, as we also spoke right at the beginning, the correction of mistakes in the field of construct probably is required, but it in any way doesn't belittle the main concept of model Signum of SFT, from a vseyaredaktion we put 4 ++ on the 5th ball scale. There is a separate wish to recommend the metal detector to the professionals appreciating thin control of a device as a whole.

We thank AKA firm for the provided metal detector. This material belongs to owners of the www.reviewdetector.ru resource at partial or full copying of information a hyperlink on a site is obligatory

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread