Vista Gold in Hawaii.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Well a brief stop in Honolulu anyway.................. on its way to new owner up the Tropical North on the big Island. 8-)
Snap_20130305_16h39m33s_001.png

P3056632_600-1.jpg

ivanll

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
3 weeks old and the Vista Gold started to scream loudly at all settings:crybaby2: contacted the maker in Bulgaria several times for advise on possible repair.......No reply...No reply.....No reply.

Had to put it out of its misery so under the hammer it went, not an auction hammer.....something a little more permanent :violent1: ....it's now resting in peace.

That was a DeepTech experience I could have done without.

ivanll

Rectification I did not contact "Deeptech" the maker of Vista Gold in Bulgaria as I first thought due to little misreading on the contact us page.
Snap_20130519_12h38m15s_002.jpg

My apology to Deeptech

ivanll

Last edited:

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Thanks for the update and warning.
Rich

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
Wow, I'm just thankful I didn't buy one. I was thinking about it.

RG-DeepTech

May 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Ivan,

When exactly did you send us letters I haven't answered to? From the picture below you can see that the last letter we have received is from 19th February (which is 3 days before we sent you the detector) and you can clearly see I have answered to it. Please if you have any further problems, contact us first.

Regards,Rosi Georgieva

Ivan Larsen.JPG

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First I would like to say that DeepTech USA and Extreme Detecting stand 100% behind EVERY DeepTech Vista that we sell in the USA/Canada. So everyone can be assured of superlative customer service. Secondly, with over 100 machines delivered in the USA since late January - we have not had any experiences with defective machines - any issues that were brought to our attention were quickly deemed to be user error, and after consulting with us - problem solved.

Also - our experience has been that the DeepTech manufacturer is extremely responsive to any customer correspondence.

Anyone making a decision about buying a DeepTech based solely on this post - that is just plain wrong.

Ivanll - you've had the machine since early March - sorry to hear you had a problem. When did you first experience the problem? Where were you using the machine? When was the first time you reached out to the manufacturer?

Thanks.
Barry

3 weeks old and the Vista Gold started to scream loudly at all settings: contacted the maker in Bulgaria several times for advise on possible repair.......No reply...No reply.....No reply.

ivanll

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Email on Detech "Contact Us" with copy to myself.

DetechContactUs.jpg

ivanll

As said in above rectified post.....I contacted "Detech" and not Deeptech ...........my mistake.

ivanll

Last edited:

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivanll - it looks like you contacted DETECH...............:BangHead:

That is NOT the same company that manufactured your DEEPTECH.

Pretty silly mistake if you ask me...and then you come to the forum to bash a manufacturer for NO RESPONSE when you NEVER contacted them? :laughing9:

I think you owe the people at DEEPTECH an apology....

Thanks.

Email on Detech "Contact Us" with copy to myself.

DetechContactUs.jpg

ivanll

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Looking at the Deeptech dealer page.

"Barry @ Extreme Detecting"
Have no fear, I would never contact or ask you as you are definitely not the Deeptech Importer/Distributor for Australia..........and your PM is of no help either!

But I did send Deeptech an email and hope it will get through to them this time.

ivanll

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Importing a new brand of detector without back-up service/repair facility is a gamble.......... I sadly lost this one.

It would have been nice if the detector had lasted longer than the supplied batteries.

I had really hoped to fully test this detector at some long gone township areas on still producing goldfields within a few hours driving distance........It was not to be.

On a lighter note, I now have a lovely near new coil to give away.......which could be somewhat interesting considering the amount of Vista Gold there is around over here.

VistaGold-coil_600.jpg

ivanll

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please stop your bloody whining mate............... youre worse than a wanka, I've owned several machines from them and if there is a problem they will get it corrected but you got to make sure you get the right bloody address before you start shootin your face off mate...............over in out!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Did eventually manage to contact Rosi at DT Electronics LTD............My Vista Gold problem have been taken care of...........without profanity!

ivanll

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheers mate! well i'm glad its taken care of, this company will take care of you! sorry for the profanity mate it just touched me off a little.

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
I think this is all funny.:hello2: The wrong detctor brand name, the anxiety of one that does not work correctly, etc. All that needed to be done is to trouble-shoot what is in/on the circuit board. Keith Wills could have done that properly, and he is a fair man in his prices. I could have too. All you have to do is check the output, then the transformer, then the battery connections, etc, and in short order the main problem could have been discerned. Or, in a different light, was this all some kind of a test for us out here in Lala-Detector Land?

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Question is: Why didn't Detech respond and let him know that the email was going to the wrong place?
Rich

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is bad blood between detech and deeptech and i'm pretty sure detech is not going to respond

OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I think this is all funny.:hello2: The wrong detctor brand name, the anxiety of one that does not work correctly, etc. All that needed to be done is to trouble-shoot what is in/on the circuit board. Keith Wills could have done that properly, and he is a fair man in his prices. I could have too. All you have to do is check the output, then the transformer, then the battery connections, etc, and in short order the main problem could have been discerned. Or, in a different light, was this all some kind of a test for us out here in Lala-Detector Land?

Sounds easy enough, if you think you are smart enough and up to it then you can have a go at mine........if you fix it you can have it.........for free!

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
Ivan, I just thought the whole discussion was amusing, that's all. I watched my friend wrap his expensive Whites metal detector around a tree, because my cheap Bounty Hunter found the huge 18Kt rose gold signature ring weighing more than 1/2 ounce that his Whites couldn't get a signal on. He was a very violent man, and very easily angered too. It seems that his violent nature finally killed him though, probably from a massive heart attack in one of his tyrade rages. He stabbed the detector right through the control box with his bayonette, and sent it back to the factory with a note saying "I killed it". Whites gave him a different detector of his choice. I know for sure, because I knew the production manager at that time, and he said that Whites hung it on the wall for quality control to see. But no, I wouldn't be interested in a Deep Tech, (nor) a Detech, even if someone gave one to me. They are not my cup of tea. Larry :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
So contacting Detech instead of Deeptech got the ball rolling and seemingly some blood boiling but unfortunately not enough to get a satisfactory outcome and my Vista Gold up and running again.

Did manage to contact Deeptech a few times but as it turns out no parts is available to clients and since the Vista Gold is not in the high price range it would be economical madness to spend more on shipping cost to and from an overseas service point.

I was just a forerunner as there is no Deeptech Importer in Au. and the ones I've spoken to and had over for test sessions have all lost interest.

At least my Vista Gold had a trip half way around the world and a spell in Hawaii before its short functionality expired.

P3136648.jpg

ivanll

Last edited:

Hunters Haven-NC

Aug 28, 2013
Wilmington, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ivan,
Did you really destroy the machine? I'm considering getting one. If you want to give it away maybe I could get it fixed. Doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread