sorex 7281

Gimpydigger

Feb 5, 2004
USA
Other than Myself and maybe 2 others I don't know of any others. I use the Pro....like it so far. Ordered a Berkut that I am still waiting for....backlogged on parts I guess.Scott

OP
OP
Rossiter25

Rossiter25

Jul 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should be getting mine next friday. I downloaded the manual online. But my question is with pinpointing does it give you depth or do you go by those bars on the sides?

Gimpydigger

Feb 5, 2004
USA
No depth indicator as such. You go by the bars to center the target under the coil. I don't have the 7281 manual in front of me but....you do not use the pinpoint feature for gauging depth...just for centering. For a gauge of depth use the signal strength bar that is on the right side of the main screen...the taller the bar is the larger and shallower the target.....so obviously the deeper and smaller the target the shorter the bar is. I just ran down and looked at the 7281 manual...the only example of the bar is on page 22....it is the bar to the right of the hodograph examples.

Big Red

Feb 4, 2012
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett: Grand Master Hunter CX III, CX Plus, GTI 2500, GTI 1500, GTA 1000 Ultra, Tesoro Lobo Super track, Sorex Pro, Discovery Electronics: Treasure Baron GoldTrax, Treasure Baron CoinTrax. Minelab:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also own the Sorex Pro. Are you getting the Sorex 7281 model, or the Sorex Pro? There is about a $200.00 difference between the top model, (the Pro) I think and the 7281. Be aware that AKA, the Manufacturer, has not updated their manual (At least for my pro, they have not!) And you may find that what they say in the manual, is not what you have on your Detector? They are constantly updating the Pro and since they sell so few in the U.S., they have not bothered to update the English manual for the newest Pro?
This is what I have been told, but I will be soon contacting the Seller, that sold me mine and asking him to clarify (I don't speak Russian, or I would contact AKA myself!) a number of issues I am having with the operation (Not flaws or hardware problems, just Operator Manual differences!) and hopefully, he can contact them and give me the current "change list", which I will post here, when received and reviewed. I agree with Gimpydigger above, so far, a great detector and having much fun with it, except the not updated operators manual. Welcome to the Sorex part of the Forum! Big Red

Gimpydigger

Feb 5, 2004
USA
There are a few translation goofs.....I don't think any of the English Pro's have had any software changes as of yet. Atleast none they have said.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is one aa battery going to do I don't see it
I'm sorry
my tv remote has more batteries than that

Last edited:

Garytopman

Jan 3, 2011
Moscow
Detector(s) used
AKA-Signum,Sorex Pro,Kondor.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should point out then,there was a version of Sorexes with one rechargable battery like AA with 3.7 Voltage.But mainly,AKA make Sorexes with 4 AA batteries.

picklepete

Nov 22, 2012
americas heartland
Detector(s) used
Quest 20, Simplex+ on order, detecting on and off since the 1970's.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gimpy, can you give us more information on the performance of this machine? Is it deep, does it do well in alum. trash/ etc. Is it more a relic machine, or coin shooter? What do they cost? TIA.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread